2019 Broncos Line-up

No surprise that Milford has been terrible considering the Queensland captain gave him nothing and he went off with a very unlucky concussion. Milford is a much better player than Munster and now that the selfish Smith is gone he might be able to show it
Milford a better player than Munster...
That'll do me

I really rate Munster, but I do gotta admit, I do want to see how he goes without Cam Smith there long term.

I thought he was pretty good for QLD, just needed a bit more variation, but maybe that was the gameplan...who knows.

The performance of the halves isn't going to matter much for QLD going forward while our pack is being completely monstered

The performance of the halves isn't going to matter much for QLD going forward while our pack is being completely monstered

Our pack wasn't monstered last year. I don't see why it would be this year.

They were getting us the field position we needed and hitting hard in D.

Milford has been woeful in comparison to Munster when it has come to origin.

Munster has come out and said he wants to play fullback for QLD so maybe that's where he is playing for Storm this year.

Ponga is supposedly playing 6 for knights

My QLD backline would maybe look something like this

1. Cameron Munster
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Daly Cherry Evans

Question marks over who will be partnering Inglis in the centres. Would be tempted to shift Inglis to the right side to stop Latrell
Maybe we should wait and see how Ponga handles playing 6 for the Knights before giving him the QLD gig ...

Who knows, the extra defensive workload combined with decreased space might blunt his effectiveness ...

Maybe we should wait and see how Ponga handles playing 6 for the Knights before giving him the QLD gig ...

Who knows, the extra defensive workload combined with decreased space might blunt his effectiveness ...

I've come to the conclusion that Ponga can do anything

As for our forward pack being monstered.. Which was always a concern of mine before this years origin series..

8. Dylan Napa
9. Jake Friend
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Jai Arrow
17. Josh McGuire / David Fifita

Maybe that would do?

Last edited:
Kev has some selection headaches... first of all I think Milford would be head and shoulders above the other options as a 5/8 running off DCE. Second, DCE is a given for the 7. The headaches is that Munster, Morgan and Ponga are all very good full backs. I think Morgan is the worst of the 3 here but would pair Inglis well in the centres. I really don’t like chambers and think his moments of brilliance are overshadowed by his brain snaps. The wings should be Oates left, Gagai right. They’ve both earned it. Friend and McCullough are much of a muchness for hooker but I’d say friend has the edge due to delivery speed. Both are tacklebots. We have the forwards to do the job, just need to slot arrow into 13 and move moose to prop with Wallace, offa, Napa, papa, and... can’t remember the other bugger right now (figure out who starts based on suitability for impact off bench). The back row is easy, insert Gillette straight into his position without a thought then let Su’a, Kau, Hess, Cooper and Papa (if he misses out on prop) fight it out for the left side. Fifita is too young for origin. The fame is not good for young heads. Maybe Su’a is too. Ponga is an anomaly and was a risk.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, Ponga or Munster to 14 (whoever misses out on fullback). Ben Hunt to scrap heaps for life.

Ponga has to start, he's already Qld's best player

Last edited:
I've come to the conclusion that Ponga can do anything

I’ve got to say, i’ve barely gotten over him playing such big minutes in the middle for Qld and not once looking overawed.

Sure, players like Cronk, Hunt & Morgan have played the utility role and held their own for short spells. But I couldn’t see, say, Lockyer or Slater doing it, not for like 50+ minutes, on debut.

Qld probably should be something like:

1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. Napa
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Hess
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Ponga
15. Joffa
16. Papalii
17. Su’A

Active Now

• Foordy
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.