1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Munster/Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Milf
7. DCE

14. Morgan/Munster

Although to me Munster is more a left center so maybe Morgan gets starting centre over him.

It's a huge year for Milf and Morgan. The media (aka lead selector) will be pushing hard for Ponga @6, but if Milf/Morgan can explode out of the box then they'll have no other choice. If they struggle they could be sitting at first reserve for a looooong time.

FWIW Ponga easily the best fullback in the game and Brown in his infinite wisdom decides to move him to 6... he's the got the next Lockyer and decides to move him even though Watson was doing fine at 6. I really don't understand the decision.

Last edited:
Qld probably should be something like:

1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. Napa
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Hess
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Ponga
15. Joffa
16. Papalii
17. Su’A

I like it !

I'd be more inclined to go a backline of

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Munster/Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Milf
7. DCE

14. Morgan/Munster

Although to me Munster is more a left center so maybe Morgan gets starting centre over him.

It's a huge year for Milf and Morgan. The media (aka lead selector) will be pushing hard for Ponga @6, but if Milf/Morgan can explode out of the box then they'll have no other choice. If they struggle they could be sitting at first reserve for a looooong time.

FWIW Ponga easily the best fullback in the game and Brown in his infinite wisdom decides to move him to 6... he's the got the next Lockyer and decides to move him even though Watson was doing fine at 6. I really don't understand the decision.

Na , Munster is best suited to fullback. Ponga can play that second fullback/ five - eight role , so maybe a macca/ friend style hooker would suit.

I like it !
I don’t think it matters what you like....
With a team of...

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Roberts
5. Trbojevic
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Maclean
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Critchon/Radley/Bird
15. Lodge
16. Pangai Jnr
17. Vaughan

18. Tariq Sims

I can’t see qld winning back the title for a couple of years IMO.

I don’t think it matters what you like....
With a team of...

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Roberts
5. Trbojevic
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Maclean
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Critchon/Radley/Bird
15. Lodge
16. Pangai Jnr
17. Vaughan

18. Tariq Sims

I can’t see qld winning back the title for a couple of years IMO.

If we had better halves playing in the first two games last year, we would have won the series. If we had DCE to begin with, we would have won.

Next year we will have better halves because Hunt isn't going to be there and most likely Munster will be going back to fullback where he belongs.

I can see us winning next year if we pick the right team.

Morgan is seriously overrated as a half back. He had like 8 good games in the position on the run to the GF (reminder that the cows played sides that were a complete mess up until the GF where they got dismantled in embarrassing fashion). I can't see any aspect of his game that's superior to Milford's when it comes to being a half, especially not after Milford's improvements to his kicking game.

Munster and Ponga should only be considered as full backs, Morgan and Milford as 5/8, and DCE as the HB unless Morgan proves me wrong.

EDIT: That said, I won't cry if zero Broncos players are involved in SOO, it just means we'll be more likely to finish top 2.

Munster is a better FB than Ponga, but for the sake of the team you probably have to play Ponga there and Munster at centre. I can see Munster handling centre better than Morgan from a defensive POV.

The meme of Hunt being able to play hooker full time needs to stop, but that's what will probably happen and QLD will get absolutely dominated in the middle of the field, not to mention the choke factor that Hunt brings. It's funny that after his move to St George he needs to be included in rep sides under any circumstance.

Last edited:
It all depends if Milf is determined and explodes and maintains that form he will be in the halves for sure
We are short on centres atm so for either Munster or Morgan in there makes sense , pref Munster and use Morgan with his genuine Utility value of the bench

Qld probably should be something like:

1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. DCE
8. Napa
9. Hunt
10. McGuire
11. Hess
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Ponga
15. Joffa
16. Papalii
17. Su’A
Looks like you either read my mammoth post or are in a similar frame of mind. Only change is with a team like that you can’t have hunt playing hooker and in two footy you can’t have hunt at all. He is a serial poor decision maker. Friend or Macca will suffice with Ponga as utility. Ponga to move fullback in about 2 years time.

Unless DCE has a massive drop in form where he can't even pass a ball or pisses off Kevvie, then DCE will be 7.

Kevvie told DCE that he if won Game 3, he will be halfback next series.
Where's they quote?

And things change. Like form. Morgan was told he'd be part of the plans for the future too, then cowboys bad form happened, and Morgan's injuries.

So, we'll see

Can’t we talk about something else

Sorry mate back to your 2019 Broncos line up.... you would atleast be up to revision 74 with your daily team post by now wouldn’t you?

At least I’m following the forums topic

Can’t we talk about something else

Sorry mate back to your 2019 Broncos line up.... you would atleast be up to revision 74 with your daily team post by now wouldn’t you?

Have a go at him all you want but why can’t this discussion go in the right thread? Why does the off-season change that?

Morgan is seriously overrated as a half back. He had like 8 good games in the position on the run to the GF

I'm not a big Morgan guy, but that's just wrong, he carried the Cowboys in 2017 all season and almost single handedly took them to the GF, Thurston virtually didn't play at all, and even when he did he was hampered.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • The True King
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Lozza
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Splinter
  • broncoscope
  • cento
  • Rambstien
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Skathen
  • Porthoz
  • Harry Sack
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.