2019 Broncos Line-up

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Fitzy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

I must say in a bit bummed that bird is playing centre. I think him at lock makes our team look more solid.

Personally I think this could be best bet for the forwards.
    8. Offa
    9. Macca
    10. Lodge
    11. Gillett
    12. Sua
    13. Glenn (or swap with Gillett)
    Bench: TPJ, Haas, Fifita, Staggs.

I think that gives us more freedom having tpj and Haas as replacement front rowers. The alternate to this would be TPJ goes to lock with Glenn second row and Sua to bench. Staggs drops out with tagatese to come on bench. Or fensom to 13, Glenn to second row with sua taking staggs place on bench.

2. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Bird needs game time and he needs to make sure his body will hold up and i think its probably way too risky to put him directly in the front line at lock just now. Centre just make sense for now.

Xzei likes this.
  3. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

I like Offa at lock and Bird at centre. I would have Staggs on the bench and bring him on at centre and move Bird to lock when Offa comes off. Bird could cause havoc against tired defences late in the game.

It seems we have so many options and useful combos that a correct guess for the first game team would be a tremendous achievement. I think I'm going to give it a shot after the trials, in the week leading up to our first game.

4. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

At about 10 past 4 on team list Tuesday!

GKDonkey, Huge and Porthoz like this.
  5. Allo

Allo NRL Player

Not at centre he isn’t.

6. That sounds like a plan.

Sirlee oldman likes this.
  7. Looks like Taueli's profiles been removed from the Broncos team profiles, make ofnthat what you will.

upthebroncs likes this.
  8. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Except he won't play lock because he training as a centre

bronx89 and BroncsFan like this.
  9. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Not trying to start any rumours but I didn't see him at training this morning

10. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

The confidence in this video is epic. All players are looking the fittest I've ever seen them

heartly87, Huge, Gaz and 2 others like this.
  11. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

Source: Broncos.com

Foordy likes this.
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

He was getting his act together off the field and this error of judgement will probably cost him his NRL career. Shame really, he is a good player and he seems like a decent bloke whenever i've met him, he just shouldn't go anywhere near an alcoholic beverage. He has already served jail time for drink driving, you would think he would just give the grog away.

In saying that though, it took Jimmy a few falls before he sorted himself out, hopefully Myles will get another shot down the track.

13. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

What actually happened with Him

14. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Got drunk, and punched a bloke, breaking his jaw.

15. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

Looking at what's available for us I'd like to see the following:-
    8 Offa
    9 Macca
    10 Lodge
    11 Sua/Glenn
    12 Gillet
    13 TPJ

14 Fensom/ Taga
    15 Mago
    16 Glenn/Sua/Fiffita
    17 Osullivan/other young half/ Carrigan.
    We need a bit of experience on the bench coming on for that second 20 minutes of the halves at prop. For that reason I believe there is a spot there for Fensom or Taga (but not both). Mago (provided he has a good pre-season could book in the second spot, otherwise Carrigan gets a look in, but only after good ISC form. The choice of glenn or sua depends on preseason form and defence in the trials. Should one fall, through either injury or form we have the options Saviello or Fiffita (whoever plays well in ISC).
    The 17th spot should be changeable game to game, depending on the opposition and form of young forwards. I can't see a spot for Staggs unless injury kicks in, nor a spot for Kahu. Both need to be killing it in ISC to get a look in, and their defence needs to top class, playing at centre.
    The wingers will be Oates and Isaako at this stage but injury/form could change that. The rest of the team picks itself. Knik will get first shot, based on last years form, but will need to be consistent through the 1st 8 rounds. Otherwise, a young half will get a chance (provided he is killing it in ISC, the one thing that has saved Knik so far).
    I believe players need to show they are ready to compete in the NRL and the ISC is the only way to show that. Picking anyone on mere potential is a recipe for disaster unless they already have "runs on the board" like offa or lodge.

16. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Worst case scenario origin period: Oates, Lodge, Pangai, Milford, Su'a, Bird, Roberts, McCullough, Ofahengaue, Gillett

1. Darius Boyd
    2. Richie Kennar
    3. Jordan Kahu
    4. Kotoni Staggs
    5. Jamayne Isaako
    6. Sean O'Sullivan
    7. Kodi Nikorima
    8. Sam Tagataese
    9. Jake Turpin
    10. Payne Haas
    11. Alex Glenn
    12. David Fifita
    13. Shaun Fenson
    17. Patrick Mago

18. Thomas Flegler

Pretty good for the worst case, which is highly unlikely

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    GKDonkey likes this.
  17. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Our team will still pretty much pick itself.

1 Boyd
    2 Oates
    3 Roberts
    4 Bird
    5 Issako
    6 Milford
    7 Knik
    8 Lodge
    9 Macca
    11 Glenn
    12 Gillett

The blank spaces are the only two starting positions up for grabs imo, but i'd pick Offa at lock and Taga at prop. The bench is a little more difficult, but i would go for

14 Sua
    15 Haas
    16 TPJ for maximum impact
    17 Carrigan, because he is just awesome!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    heartly87 and Sirlee oldman like this.
  18. Morkel

Morkel

That team there is pretty much a Knights-spec team. A bunch of top-liners (that they paid overs for), some journeymen, and some promising yet inexperienced young players. It's why, even with their big signings, their depth is so shit - their cap management is horrible - and why I don't think they have a chance in butt of making waves like some are predicting.

Cult3 and Wolfie like this.
  19. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

That would leave leave Carrigan and Haas to serve as props off the bench. Its a bit dangerous having 2 young props on together. On the plus you could throw tpj into the game for impact, but he might be wasted if the young forwards have a bad game. He'd end up running hit-ups to get us out of trouble, or becoming a tackling machine. Split the starting props though and you are much more likely to get consistent go-forward throughout the game.

Wolfie likes this.