2019 Broncos Line-up

IMG 7564
View attachment 3982
How do you work out he was close to playing? He lasted 14 minutes before he got injured.

There were a number of factors. This article has some quotes in it for you.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/26/new-broncos-signing-andre-savelio-on-track-to-play-nrl-in-2018/

Last edited:

That really doesn't say a lot. Hell of a lot of supposition in that article.

He looked decent in training is basically all it says then goes on to tells us his targets. We haven't seen him in a match situation so it's quite a stretch right now to say he was ever close playing based on some early pre season training and 14 mins of a trial.

Johnson won the Golden Boot with Nathan Friend passing to him. The head gear merchant was as good as @I bleed Maroon's joke was. Not at all

Golden Boot is presented to players who have produced the best performances in the international game.

That's why Johnson won it in 2014. It had nothing to do with his club performances.

That really doesn't say a lot. Hell of a lot of supposition in that article.

He looked decent in training is basically all it says then goes on to tells us his targets. We haven't seen him in a match situation so it's quite a stretch right now to say he was ever close playing based on some early pre season training and 14 mins of a trial.

As I said, there were a number of different factors.

He could have played ahead of Mago.

The club had their eyes on Savelio for years and we finally brought him over from England this year. The club rates him.

What we need is a hooker. If Bennett sticks with Macca for 2019 I can't see us making the 8.

I wonder if it’s a possibility that Seibold brings Cook with him next year.

I wonder if it’s a possibility that Seibold brings Cook with him next year.
Theres a bit of talk on Twitter about Souths going to upgrade him to a 4 year deal

Theres a bit of talk on Twitter about Souths going to upgrade him to a 4 year deal

Yeah and big money too.

Cook has said his preference is to stay at the Rabbitohs and they’re giving him the deal he wants.

No chance he follows Seibold.

As I said, there were a number of different factors.

He could have played ahead of Mago.

The club had their eyes on Savelio for years and we finally brought him over from England this year. The club rates him.

What factors? The only thing that matters is how he performs for us, and nobody really has apart from 14 mins in a trial.

As I've mentioned before being decent in Super league doesn't mean you are going to be decent in the NRL. Look at Tomkins and Greg Eden. They killed it in Super league, couldn't handle it over here.

You are reading way too much into a newspaper article. At the moment, he is just another in a long line of players people on here read about in the press and push for them to be included even though they have never seen him play.

Last edited:
What factors? The only thing that matters is how he performs for us, and nobody really has apart from 14 mins in a trial.

As I've mentioned before being decent in Super league doesn't mean you are going to be decent in the NRL. Look at Tomkins and Greg Eden. They killed it in Super league, couldn't handle it over here.

You are reading way too much into a newspaper article. At the moment, he is just another in a long line of players people on here read about in the press and push for them to be included even though they have never seen him play.

I think it's pretty safe to say Andre would have played with the injuries we've had this year.

If Andre was available, I very highly doubt Fifita would have played this year. Fifita wasn't even considered to begin with but we started getting injuries and had to start using more of our young guys.

Bennett rates Andre. He would have used him.

Whether he would have made the 17 to begin with, who knows? But he definitely would have played this year.

I think it's pretty safe to say Andre would have played with the injuries we've had this year.

If Andre was available, I very highly doubt Fifita would have played this year. Fifita wasn't even considered to begin with but we started getting injuries and had to start using more of our young guys.

Bennett rates Andre. He would have used him.

Whether he would have made the 17 to begin with, who knows? But he definitely would have played this year.

He would have probably got a shot by default at some point with all the injuries, no doubt about it. Nobody though can say for sure, he might just not settle, or get used to the climate or he might just be a super league player who stars over there or comes here with big wraps ( Burgess, Eden, Tomkins, Mathers, Sarginson) and just cant cut the mustard. Tbf, English forwards do tend to do pretty well.

I can actually see him playing a similar role to TPJ. From the little i have seen of him playing for Warrington He can play lock, front row and back row, has a good offload too. Could be an ideal replace for him if he can get up to speed.

I'll probably be in the minority, but i wouldnt even bother signing TPJ on a one year deal. Rather see us develop players who want to commit longer.

I'll probably be in the minority, but i wouldnt even bother signing TPJ on a one year deal. Rather see us develop players who want to commit longer.
Totally agree, three years or **** off now.

Last edited:
Sign him for the year, if he doesn't sign an extension by round 5 he can spend the year playing in ISC.

Media are already talking about which one of the Burgii twins they are going to release to make way for TPJ in 2020.

Last edited:
I would like to reiterate that Cameron Murray is off-contract after 2019, is 2 years younger than TPJ and has a good to fair chance to be as good as, if not better than TPJ over the span of his career. He'd be the absolute best replacement we could find in the scenario that Tevita wanted to follow Wayne.

I wonder how Seibold & Murray get along.

I would like to reiterate that Cameron Murray is off-contract after 2019, is 2 years younger than TPJ and has a good to fair chance to be as good as, if not better than TPJ over the span of his career. He'd be the absolute best replacement we could find in the scenario that Tevita wanted to follow Wayne.

I wonder how Seibold & Murray get along.
I liked what I saw of him this year but I'm not really sure how you've come to the conclusion that he could be better than TPJ. Not saying it's not possible but so far there's no way you could say it with a straight face

I liked what I saw of him this year but I'm not really sure how you've come to the conclusion that he could be better than TPJ. Not saying it's not possible but so far there's no way you could say it with a straight face

Don't see why not, he passes the eye test. Runs harder & tackles harder than just about anyone, is as good of an offloader as TPJ, makes very few mistakes, is a better defender than TPJ, and is seemingly not injury prone.

I'll have a quick look at their comparative stats for the season to see if they're far apart (I'm actually not sure)

Edit:

Murray - 48.4 minutes, 9.2 runs, 95.5 metres, 3.5 PCM per run, 30.5 tackles @ 92% efficiency, 0.92 offloads, 1.7 tackle breaks

Pangai Jr - 50.1 minutes, 11.6 runs, 106.8 metres, 3.9 PCM per run, 21.8 tackles @ 88% efficiency, 1.27 offloads, 2.9 tackle breaks

More or less what I expected, Murray takes slightly fewer runs, but makes more metres on average per run, he also makes more tackles and misses fewer (A possible product of playing exclusively in the middle, rather than occasionally on the edge like Tevita), marginally fewer offloads per game. They're somewhat comparable as players statistically though, and considering this was essentially Murray's first real season as a 20 year old, I'm pretty comfortable in my assessment that he's got as good of a chance as TPJ to be a star long-term, albeit a different type of one.

Last edited:
I keep reading articles about TPJ and he seems to be the hot topic, but is anyone else excited as **** about Haas? I feel like last season he was a bit underdone and unlucky with his injury. I reckon this guy will be a household name by the end of next season, as will be Fifita and Sua. Hard not to get excited I reckon.

Active Now

• Battler
  • lakers133334
  • Scorchie
  • Bish
  • Mustafur
  • theshed
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • Broncs1459
  • Dexter
  • Jazza
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  • FACTHUNT
  • Adammacca
  • Redux
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Old Mate
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.