2019 Broncos Line-up

If this true then it looks like a bit of tit for tat when they nicked Jayden Nikorima mind you that never exactly panned out well for either party and I think the Broncos will end up securing his services if he comes good. So if he is any good he might be the last piece of Benny's puzzle. Knik to the bench (just wish he could tackle like Berrigan could).

I still reckon staggs could be the next berrigan that can goal kick also.

Just so everyone knows, I watch a lot of footy. Have followed every player's career since before they made the NRL or when they made the NRL.. I know what they can do..

Jack Bird in his peak is a 600k centre.

He played well at 6 in his first year when Maloney was controlling the side. All he had to do was float around the field and try to create something in attack.

We have enough of those players that can actually do a better job at it than him.

Everyone loves a new kid in the NRL but the shine has worn off and the reality of signing Bird as a marquee player kicked in pretty quick.

Questioning if I've seen Bird play because I think he's a waste of space and time at the Broncos is a bit silly.
Maloney wasn't at the club that year.
He had Robson at 7 and Michael Gordon playing 1.

Just so everyone knows, I watch a lot of footy. Have followed every player's career since before they made the NRL or when they made the NRL.. I know what they can do..

Jack Bird in his peak is a 600k centre.

He played well at 6 in his first year when Maloney was controlling the side. All he had to do was float around the field and try to create something in attack.

We have enough of those players that can actually do a better job at it than him.

Everyone loves a new kid in the NRL but the shine has worn off and the reality of signing Bird as a marquee player kicked in pretty quick.

Questioning if I've seen Bird play because I think he's a waste of space and time at the Broncos is a bit silly.

I take it you are talking about the same Jack Bird who started playing in the NRL for the Sharks in 2015 and won rookie of the year, and the same James Maloney who started playing for the Sharks in 2016? Must have missed this other James Maloney at the sharks in 2015.

I take it you are talking about the same Jack Bird who started playing in the NRL for the Sharks in 2015 and won rookie of the year, and the same James Maloney who started playing for the Sharks in 2016? Must have missed this other James Maloney at the sharks in 2015.

Yeah, it was Jake Bird and John Maloney, both were pretty average.

Are you sure? Apparently he has watched a lot of football and followed every players career from before they were in the NRL, you must be wrong mate.

The font of knowledge he is also thinks Kotoni Staggs can play in any position because he is related to Tyrone Peachy ( even though i'm pretty sure he isnt )

Last edited:
The font of knowledge he is also thinks Kotoni Staggs can play in any position because he is related to Tyrone Peachy ( even though i'm pretty sure he isnt )

You obviously lack a sense of humour. I'm sure Staggs could play a lot of positions though

He can. Problem is, you were being serious at the time

I don't think it matters.

On this forum you get attacked for saying things like "maybe we should let go of McGuire"

As if it's insane to even propose the thought..

Not sure why certain people feel the need to go on the attack

I still reckon staggs could be the next berrigan that can goal kick also.
His missed tackle count is pretty horrendous though. Berrigan tackled and stuck like a demon for a man of his size he was quite the gun in defence. Staggs is young enough to learn that though.

I don't think it matters.

On this forum you get attacked for saying things like "maybe we should let go of McGuire"

As if it's insane to even propose the thought..

Not sure why certain people feel the need to go on the attack

I think you are being a bit over dramatic. People disagree, its a public forum, if you put an opinion out there its fair game to comment on it, and if you cant handle that somebody might not agree with you then you probably shouldnt post.

Unless it gets really personal ( which i rarely ever see on here ) i wouldnt take things too seriously.

Can Macca sprint? How does he go in the time trials? I don’t think macca could ever be a Cook style hooker because of speed issues but if Seibold can fire up other parts of his game, his defence and organisational skills are super important to the team. The problem is he needs to be rested for 10mins per half to stay st his best. That’s when the impact hooker needs to come in and carve up and that’s when we need players like Mago coming on fresh also to speed up the play the balls and get the hooker the chance to carve.

Can Macca sprint? How does he go in the time trials? I don’t think macca could ever be a Cook style hooker because of speed issues but if Seibold can fire up other parts of his game, his defence and organisational skills are super important to the team. The problem is he needs to be rested for 10mins per half to stay st his best. That’s when the impact hooker needs to come in and carve up and that’s when we need players like Mago coming on fresh also to speed up the play the balls and get the hooker the chance to carve.
Good point and makes sense to bring Mago on in tandem with Knik.

I'm wondering why O'Sullivan was bought from Roosters, indeed why did the Roosters let him go if he was any good? Sure they have Cronk but I think he has one more season (if that) left before he callls it a day. Did Benny genuinely believe he would make a stop gap replacement for Knik while awaiting the likes of Tanah Boyd and Cory Paix to mature? Or was it just a gamble in the hope he clicked with MILF and if he never he at least made the Lodge family a little more comfortable and perhaps it increased the odds slightly in Lodgey staying past 2019. It's been plaguing me since we signed him. I still can't work out the rationale.
I think the Roosters had to let him go to clear up cap space to sign TPJ and Sonny Bill next year.

I think the Roosters had to let him go to clear up cap space to sign TPJ and Sonny Bill next year.
Ahh ok and Ferguson was let go so they could sign SJ and Munster... all making sense now

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Yellowfella
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dee
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ezpz
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.