2019 Broncos Line-up

DskV9zWU4AAJmen.jpg:large

Darius looking good physically, I'm not out on him yet. Hopefully a full off-season / pre-season with no hammy / calf injuries and he'll be closer to 2016 Darb.

DskV9zWU4AAJmen.jpg:large

Darius looking good physically, I'm not out on him yet. Hopefully a full off-season / pre-season with no hammy / calf injuries and he'll be closer to 2016 Darb.

Centre, Wing or Fullback?

Might need him at the back due to our young halves.

Sad that I still struggle to put full faith in to Milford

Well if Bird sticks around you would have to think fullback, if he doesn't I wouldn't mind consider playing him in the centres or on the wing and maybe give Isaako the offseason to work on fullback.

Last edited:
I still think Boyd is comfortably our best Fullback when healthy / confident, it's just a matter of getting him to that point. If he's struggling again to start the year we can discuss swapping him with Bird or Isaako.

I still think Boyd is comfortably our best Fullback when healthy / confident, it's just a matter of getting him to that point. If he's struggling again to start the year we can discuss swapping him with Bird or Isaako.
He was coming good towards the last quarter of the season, so fingers crossed no injuries during pre-season and he get back to 110%.

Kahu worrying how late it is and why the Titans haven't called him yet.

Wasn't there talk of him switching codes? Regardless he would still continue training with the club even if his future lies elsewhere until where he ends up is locked in.

If Boyd is playing well and in free of injuries than I agree he should be our fullback. Unfortunately after the last couple of years I doubt this will happen but stranger things have happened.

Wasn't there talk of him switching codes? Regardless he would still continue training with the club even if his future lies elsewhere until where he ends up is locked in.

Titans pulled their offer to him and signed Kelly instead.

What sort of work is he doing? He's still recovering from shoulder surgery isn't he?

Yeah so he won't be doing contact work for a while yet, so mainly focusing on fitness and skills.

Last edited:

When will Milford stop being labelled as a “young half”? This coming season will be his fifth season in the halves.

In rugby league terms, he didn’t get much of a chance to be ‘young’. 2-3 years into it he was handed the keys to the kingdom, expected to fill Locky’s shoes and ended up with broken Hunt and then inexperienced Niko as halves partners. He’s still a young half, and he’ll hit his prime in the next few years.

I know its only just started but does anyone know how people are performing in the pre-season? Any surprises? Be good to hear about these sort of things rather then the same dribble we get from the media day after day atm, so any updates in the future would also be good...

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  • IceWorks
  • scobie
  • Battler
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.