2019 Broncos Line-up

I'm taking the POD route this year. Too many sides will start with the high priced guns and it will be boring to share a team with over 50% of the comp. ( I play overall and H2H takes care of itself )

Lodge and Ofahengaue are owned by around 3% and TPJ is owned by 50%..

Who out of those three do we expect to get the most minutes?
Really hard to tell with Seibs coming in but based on bunnies Surgess got 65-70 per game rotating between lock and prop... the equivalent in our team is Offa in terms of workhorse... unless TPJ's fitness has improved.

I suspect TPJ 60, offa and lodge 50... that would leave 80mins between the bench middles, which could be ok given we'll have inexperienced guys and older guys on their last legs (taga and Fensom)

Pretty hard to tell at this point though

I'm taking the POD route this year. Too many sides will start with the high priced guns and it will be boring to share a team with over 50% of the comp. ( I play overall and H2H takes care of itself )

Lodge and Ofahengaue are owned by around 3% and TPJ is owned by 50%..

Who out of those three do we expect to get the most minutes?
I have Lodge in my team. Once he got used to the pace of NRL his average at the back end of the season was good. Not sure about who gets the most minutes but if TPJ is healthy then he won’t need massive minutes to score well.

I have Lodge in my team. Once he got used to the pace of NRL his average at the back end of the season was good. Not sure about who gets the most minutes but if TPJ is healthy then he won’t need massive minutes to score well.

I think Lodge was playing around 80 minutes in QLD cup at prop in 2017.

He definitely has the motor to get through more minutes.

I know that TPJ is lock and traditionally the locks get more minutes but I can see him being more of a short stint, impact player.

Last edited:

I know that TPJ is lock and traditionally the locks get more minutes but I can see him being more of a short stint, impact player.
They are both in my team

I can see them all getting similar scores. The guys in the middle like Lodge will get less minutes but will get through more work in that time.

I can see them all getting similar scores. The guys in the middle like Lodge will get less minutes but will get through more work in that time.

I think I saw that Lodge had a PPM of 1.12 last year. That's impressive considering he should be better this year. He's in contention for origin in my opinion. I think Brad Fittler would be looking at a starting middle pack of

8. Klemmer
10. Lodge
13. Trbojevic

That's probably what I'd do anyway.

Lodge never really played 80 mins for Reddy. Mogg always bought him off like clockwork around the 30 min mark and back on about the 50 min mark.

Last edited:
I think I saw that Lodge had a PPM of 1.12 last year. That's impressive considering he should be better this year. He's in contention for origin in my opinion. I think Brad Fittler would be looking at a starting middle pack of

8. Klemmer
10. Lodge
13. Trbojevic

That's probably what I'd do anyway.

No origin for any of our players.

Thanks

Sadly you're gonna be out of luck this year. Lodge, Roberts, Bird, and TPJ are all playing Origin, and that's just the Blues.

They won't find a spot for Bird. Latrell and Roberts as the centres and Peachey as utility.

Could definitely see Tevita there, probably on the bench.

Last edited:
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/fa3163edc43c3580c0594be46982a979
Johnathan Thurston has taken up a mentoring role with Brisbane young gun Tom Dearden
FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Queensland champion Johnathan Thurston has emerged as the secret weapon in the development of a Broncos 17-year-old halfback whiz-kid being hailed the NRL’s next “JT”.
The Courier-Mail can reveal recently-retired Cowboys superstar Thurston is providing career mentoring to Tom Dearden as the Broncos teenager turns up the heat on first-choice Brisbane halfback Kodi Nikorima.
Dearden scored two solo tries in a sparkling trial debut against Souths Logan last week and will wear the Broncos No.7 jumper made famous by Allan Langer in Saturday’s clash against Wynnum Manly at Kougari Oval.
Despite his slender frame and baby-faced features, Dearden can already bench-press 120kg. His high-school coach Aaron Zimmerle, who formerly called the shots with Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup, rates Dearden the best playmaking talent he has seen in 20 years.
Dearden is one of the best up and coming playmakers in the game. AAP Image/Darren England.
Now Dearden has an ace up his sleeve in Thurston. The Broncos rookie has joined the management stable of Sam Ayoub, the long-serving agent who signed Thurston as a 15-year-old and brokered his first NRL contract with the Bulldogs.
Thurston worked with Dearden during Queensland’s junior Origin camp in January, imparting the wisdom, tips and tricks that swept the Cowboys legend to a record four Dally M Medals.
“Tom has the perfect mentor in JT,” Ayoub said.
“He is a very different player to Johnathan, but he has great maturity and skill for a 17-year-old.
“I took Tom to watch JT for his last game against the Titans last year, he has always idolised JT and now he is spending time with him.
Thurston will teach Dearden everything he knows. AAP Image/Darren England.
“Thurston has been doing some work with him. He met up with Tom as the recent QAS development camp, so he’s taken him under his wing.
“I’m always wary of talking up kids too early but he is one of the more exciting ones I’ve seen.”
The blond-haired Dearden was outstanding in Warwick last week. He scored one of his two tries deploying a Thurston-like show-and-go and showed confidence beyond his tender years as he barked at Brisbane’s forwards and organised their attack.
While Thurston was consistently snubbed by NRL clubs, including the Broncos, as a teenager, Brisbane had to win a tug of war to retain Dearden.
What better teacher could Dearden ask for? Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images.
The kid from Mackay was chased by six NRL rivals last year but stayed loyal, signing a three-year extension with the Broncos.
Broncos scouts believe Dearden could be playing NRL within 12 months, with coach Anthony Seibold highly impressed by his work ethic.
“Tommy shows a lot of promise, there is no doubt about that,” he said.
“I am loathe to talk him up too much. He has got a lot to learn but from what I see at training and what he showed against Souths-Logan, which was essentially his first game against men, it shows that he has got a lot of ability.
“He’s got a good attitude. The assistant coaches tell me he is forever asking for feedback.
“He’s really a baby as an NRL half, so he’s a project for us to try and help improve.”

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • pennywisealfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.