2019 Broncos Line-up

Well, those highlights do show Milf throwing a heap of superb passes, and also excellent kicks. I think the issue with him is he's been over-coached and as you rightly say, the victim of having others try to manufacture him into being the next Lockyer - at 5/8 way too early.

I think you could probably pull up a James Tedesco youtube video as well, and see highlights of him throwing cut out passes and grubber kicks. You wouldn't call Tedesco a great ball player though, just a fantastic finisher. Finishing is a bit different - just sum up the numbers and throw to the right bloke.

Maybe his game has been, and is being, stifled. The one thing Bennett did that worked for Milf was to leave him alone in 2015 to play his natural game which for mine, as those highlights show, is BOTH ball running and passing. I guess in a way what I am also saying is that he would have been the ideal FB for us back then, and as FB, then comparisons with Locky might have been closer t the mark.

I think his style of play in 2015 was closer to a fullback too, despite being in the halves. A lot of those highlights include support play and being right out on the edge. The rest is just his terrific running game.

The over coaching thing is what I meant I guess. Some players take to that structured approach, they become the organisers of your team and quality playmakers.

I think you could probably pull up a James Tedesco youtube video as well, and see highlights of him throwing cut out passes and grubber kicks. You wouldn't call Tedesco a great ball player though, just a fantastic finisher. Finishing is a bit different - just sum up the numbers and throw to the right bloke.

I think his style of play in 2015 was closer to a fullback too, despite being in the halves. A lot of those highlights include support play and being right out on the edge. The rest is just his terrific running game.

The over coaching thing is what I meant I guess. Some players take to that structured approach, they become the organisers of your team and quality playmakers.

Well for mine, Milf ought to have been our FB back in '15. Spilled milk and the benefit of hindsight ...

What ever people say about Milf he is certainly not worth the money, neither is Boyd or Bird. Thanks Wayne.
I'm happy with Bird, I can handle mistakes and misses when you're putting everything in. Boyd was pretty good this game and put his body on the line but totally agree. Milford should only be a minimum contract. Bloody terrible generally but that kick was superb alright.

Wow, I almost forgot.
Wtf has happened.

Most noticeable change to me is his balance. Is he playing heavier now? Because he’s always falling over from stepping and looks a lot slower. Plus a lot of his breaks came from supporting guys like Blair and sniffing around for the offloads. That has completely stopped for 3 years now. It’s sad seeing him play now.

I’ve been saying since round 1 that Milford is overpaid and is overrated. I got absolutely slaughtered by 99% of the people of this forum for saying it. Now I see more have come to the same conclusion. If you compare salary to performance Nikorima is light years ahead. I’m not saying Nikorima is a gun but when we get just as much if not more from Nikorima for 1/5 of the price I’d say that he is the better prospect and Milford is just a waist of money.

We need to start dropping players. This is ridiculous.

I'd love to see how well Nikorima and Milford perform as a halves combination in the Q Cup. Figure out what works for them with less pressure on the outcome.

Just promote Tanah Boyd and Sean O'Sullivan, see what they've got

I'd love to see how well Nikorima and Milford perform as a halves combination in the Q Cup. Figure out what works for them with less pressure on the outcome.

The combo of Nikorima and Milford in Q Cup would kill it, it just doesn't cut it in the NRL.

Boyd isn't even in the 30...

Milf and Niko would do a hell of a lot better in the ISC than SOS, Boyd, Dearden etc

Last edited:
IMG 9902
Don't know if this has been posted. He's a good addition to the squad, offers something different to the other forwards.

Last edited:
That video only showed it once but Hunt kicking for Milford is something we haven’t seen in a long time. Used to be good for a few tries.

Even though we have not won a lot of games so far this season. For mine it's been an incredibly interesting year. A lot of things have happened, and still are. I'm intrigued for what the rest of 2019 holds for us.

Didn't know where to post this sorry.

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Richie Kennar
3. Gehemat Shibasaki
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Izaia Perese
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird
17. Joe Ofahengaue

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Richie Kennar
3. Gehemat Shibasaki
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Izaia Perese
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird
17. Joe Ofahengaue

I’d swap pangai with lodge

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Richie Kennar
3. Gehemat Shibasaki
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Izaia Perese
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird
17. Joe Ofahengaue

Remember the first 25 years of the Broncos where we would have between 6 to 11 rep players?

Now we have a lineup like that possibly.

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Richie Kennar
3. Gehemat Shibasaki
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Izaia Perese
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird
17. Joe Ofahengaue
Wow!!! This side wouldn't beat the Toronto Wolfpack. Thank Christ it will never look like this.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • broncs30
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.