2023 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Somebody said it earlier, but I dont think Payne likes playing against his Broncos mates. He reminds me of how Bellamy was when he coached against his players in Origin. Watching the replay, Every time there was a scuffle, Payne seemed to be looking around to make sure he wasn't going to run into any Broncos. You compare that with our boys they all just steam in.
He looked genuinely conflicted when addo-carr came over his shoulder with that cowardly dog shot on Walsh.

Haas need to re-sign with us.

Somebody said it earlier, but I dont think Payne likes playing against his Broncos mates. He reminds me of how Bellamy was when he coached against his players in Origin. Watching the replay, Every time there was a scuffle, Payne seemed to be looking around to make sure he wasn't going to run into any Broncos. You compare that with our boys they all just steam in.
I noticed it with his defence too. Especially tackling carrigan, haas never really tried to drive too hard in a tackle. Kinda just holds them up.

There is a fine line between villain and deadshit.
Luai is a deadshit.

The NSW villains of the bygone era were still good footballers who backed up their shit talk with good performances (Gallen, Greg Bird etc).

Luai has been shit this whole series and gets picked because of Brandy.

I also reckon a ton of NSW supporters hate Luai just as much as we do.
There's villains, but shouldn't it be from one side instead of universal.

Walsh is effectively becoming a villain to NSW, but he is quickly becoming adored by the Qld public.

Luai on the other hand appears to be a villain even to his own fans... it's pretty much just Panthers fans that support him at this stage
Honestly, this stuff you're saying is Origin gold. Is he a dangerously dirty player or just a monumentally bad sport and colossal dickhead? I think the latter. And it's giving us someone to hate.

I also disagree he hasn't earned his place. He's always a threat when he has the ball.

I noticed it with his defence too. Especially tackling carrigan, haas never really tried to drive too hard in a tackle. Kinda just holds them up.
Payne has never stood out in Origin. Maybe it's my imagination but he doesn't look comfortable and moves in slow motion.

I see he did well in the various player ratings this morning, and I'm sure he did loads of work, as ever, but he was massively mogged by the QLD forwards, all of them really. Except maybe Flegler, he looked a bit lost out there too.

Billy Slater is going to be the next super coach without doubt. So thorough, natural leader, speaks very well. We missed a big trick there..
There was no trick we missed. Pretty sure the club will have made an attempt at some stage to get him on staff.

Billy Slater is going to be the next super coach without doubt. So thorough, natural leader, speaks very well. We missed a big trick there..
Someone will undoubtedly come in with bonkers money for him but I think he will be smart enough to persevere. The people that get into coaching are after money, legacy and staying involved in rugby league. He has a shit load of all those without having a full time job. He also has plenty of time for his growing family which he probably hasn’t been able to spend heaps of time with until he retired which is only quite recently. He would be as stupid as Fitler was last night to go into nrl coaching. You can’t guarantee you will have this awesome life waiting for you on the other side if things don’t go as expected. Too big of a risk and it’s not really necessary for someone like Billy.

Someone will undoubtedly come in with bonkers money for him but I think he will be smart enough to persevere. The people that get into coaching are after money, legacy and staying involved in rugby league. He has a shit load of all those without having a full time job. He also has plenty of time for his growing family which he probably hasn’t been able to spend heaps of time with until he retired which is only quite recently. He would be as stupid as Fitler was last night to go into nrl coaching. You can’t guarantee you will have this awesome life waiting for you on the other side if things don’t go as expected. Too big of a risk and it’s not really necessary for someone like Billy.
All good points but I think he'd make a great NRL coach

Who wins If Billy was coach of NSW and Fittler coach of Queensland?

All good points but I think he'd make a great NRL coach

He probably would, I love listening to him speak in post game pressers but he reportedly doesn’t want to be a club head coach, at least not until Tripp overs him an island in the Caribbean. Even so, our much maligned current head coach is doing a stellar job himself.

350531145 184024711306765 7561999598094670682 n

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • davidp
  • Galah
  • Astro
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Turky Murky
  • phoenix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • Strop
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.