OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

Can't read much into that game. We played almost full strength and the Cows a bunch of nuffies, horrible playing conditions (seriously I got swamp ass just watching it), still clearly rusty and plenty for Kev and the staff to focus on, namely Cobbo's defending which needs to improve if he wants to play Centre.

Piakura had a MOTM showing, Haas and Carrigan typically massive while they were on, as was Reyno who is aging like a fine wine in Halfback terms, and Mozer deserves Smoothy's spot, I'm gonna come right out and say it. Get him in there now and let him get some runs on the board at the tail end of halves.

When Walsh matures a bit more, he is going to be in easy Dally M territory every season. Hopefully Kobe's injury isn't as bad as it appears but I would definitely be sparing him the flight to Vegas.

Also LOOOOOL at the two young Cowgirls on the grass fawning over Walsh and Carrigan. The ovaries, they just can't be ignored.

Paix is finished at NRL level imo.

Really liked Jaiyden Hunt in this game. Super solid
Ye was impressed with him. He still steps back every tackle, giving the opposition a fast PTB, half break or easy offload. Interested in what kevvie was trying to see with him playing a mix of 5/8th the last 20ins. Was it simply to get mozer the dummy half time, or was it that he wanted a look at the possibility of transitioning him back to the halves?

Mozer to Te Kura.

Jets
Falcons
Hunters
Townsville
Country
Cowboys

Dropped one against Pride with the line opening off Mozer and one try of Eggerling too doing the same thing.
When I saw that move I thought to myself .
That`s the one tenner has been raving about . There was a nice little offload by TeKura at one stage too .

Piakura knee strain, going for scans tomorrow. Kevie confident he will play in Las Vegas
If piakura is anything less than 100% I'd save him for round 2. There's nearly a month until our 2nd game. 2 weeks and a big flights difference, given his histori combined with his first full year in the starting team we are asking a lot of him this year.

That was a Good Cup performance from Mozer, he looked confident and settled. That's the first time in NRL company he's looked like that.

I think his tell is running early and that ducking run he does, comes out and ducks around. Plus having the confidence to run his Souths play with Te Kura. Three runs while he was on and they all made ground.

Piakura knee strain, going for scans tomorrow. Kevie confident he will play in Las Vegas
Does anyone know what the longest Piakura has gone for without an injury for the last 3 years? I would think it is the back end of last season. He seems very injury prone and I really hope that his body can handle a full season of NRL. In a position we have very little depth it is concerning but Hunt's performance does make me feel a little better.

Does anyone know what the longest Piakura has gone for without an injury for the last 3 years? I would think it is the back end of last season. He seems very injury prone and I really hope that his body can handle a full season of NRL. In a position we have very little depth it is concerning but Hunt's performance does make me feel a little better.

Seven in Cup in 23. Round 1-7.
Five in NRL in 23. Round 26-Grand Final

23 was the first year he's cracked 20 games, Eight Cup and 13 NRL.

I reckon he's just unlucky.

This is relative to what you want from the given player as well of course

Best: piakura, haas
Great: carrigan, walsh, sailor, jensen (1st stint)
Good: cobbo, patston, hunt, madden, taupau, baker, mozer, Reynolds, te kura
Ok: hethrington, hoeter, Oates, Walters, mariner (could have been in good but given his last performance was hoping for a stronger return)
Meh (not shockers but just, well meh): paix, pereria. Jensen 2nd stint - can tell he put the cue in the rack

This is relative to what you want from the given player as well of course

Best: piakura, haas
Great: carrigan, walsh, sailor, jensen (1st stint)
Good: cobbo, patston, hunt, madden, taupau, baker, mozer, Reynolds, te kura
Ok: hethrington, hoeter, Oates, Walters, mariner (could have been in good but given his last performance was hoping for a stronger return)
Meh (not shockers but just, well meh): paix, pereria. Jensen 2nd stint - can tell he put the cue in the rack
Sailor's defence on the line makes me nervous sometimes. I think he's best at fullback.

Sailor's defence on the line makes me nervous sometimes. I think he's best at fullback.
Ye reckon he was OK not good actually after watching the highlights (desperate for footy to be back). Originally thought it was cobbos fault the try on his edge but it was actually sailor. Very poor arm grab tackle, cobbo held his man outside (trusted his inside man, could have rushed in once he seen it though so needs to be on his toes more now at centre). Add that try and the one at the end and I don't think sailor did his cause good, it looks like fb or nothing for now.

That was a Good Cup performance from Mozer, he looked confident and settled. That's the first time in NRL company he's looked like that.

I think his tell is running early and that ducking run he does, comes out and ducks around. Plus having the confidence to run his Souths play with Te Kura. Three runs while he was on and they all made ground.

What has impressed me is his tackling .
For a skinny kid he does alright . That was the side of his game I thought might need time in the gym . I rate him a better tackler than C Paix atm .

What has impressed me is his tackling .
For a skinny kid he does alright . That was the side of his game I thought might need time in the gym . I rate him a better tackler than C Paix atm .
Rare treat to have all four dummy halves on show. I had Paix bottom of the group until he scored that solo try. Mozer was a real treat, but didn't get enough time, partly because we couldn't complete sets. I'm itching to see him in the 17.

I was disappointed in Billy. He said in a number of interviews he'd be working on his running game over the preseason. We didn't see a lick of that. He, Reyno and Payne looked like they'd had a big lunch. Same with Cobbo until he pulled his finger out in the second half.

Sailor is a freak, especially with the boot. I'd be okay with him filling it at halfback in a proper game, to see how he copes with a structured attack. These trials are a complete rabble. You can't really tell how these blokes fit into a position until you see their weakness targeted by opposition coaches.

Won't take long before we find out whether Selwyn can cut it in the centres.

I had Paix bottom of the group until he scored that solo try

Meh ...
He tried it a cpl of tackles earlier and it failed . Good vision to see the defence was thin . Would be a lot more difficult against an NRL team .
was disappointed in Billy. He said in a number of interviews he'd be working on his running game over the preseason. We didn't see a lick of that.
He did run ...
But as usual couldn`t find supports or find the back field himself . WTF are Patty / Reece doing when they see a one marker situation ? Standing around scratching their balls ? That should be the signal, OK Billy is gonna scoot better get up there and get a pass off him . Nah fck, that my testes need a massage .
It`s de ja vu all over again . I was on this soap box 12 months ago as well .

Active Now

• Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  • ettybay
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.