2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
And flopped .
hooked by coach Brad Fittler after a series of costly errors. After conceding a penalty, he lost the ball while attempting an offload in the Blues half before missing a tackle on Selwyn Cobbo which led to a try.

Then got dropped ...
Still played origin.

So many on this forum take away from players talents when they dare leave the club. Fact is, if we signed TPJ on a 300k deal, that would be elite salary cap management. If he flops, then he can go to ressies. If he plays to half his talent, he'd be an elite benchy for us.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Still played origin.

So many on this forum take away from players talents when they dare leave the club. Fact is, if we signed TPJ on a 300k deal, that would be elite salary cap management. If he flops, then he can go to ressies. If he plays to half his talent, he'd be an elite benchy for us.
I would rather see a rookie with the desire to play NRL than TPJ .

He wasn`t required at the Broncos when they let him go . Still isn`t .
No one, anywhere, has suggested the Broncos are talking to TPJ. All he did was turn up and watch his mates train. Wayne Bennett is the only one who's expressed any interest in him:

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
No one, anywhere, has suggested the Broncos are talking to TPJ. All he did was turn up and watch his mates train. Wayne Bennett is the only one who's expressed any interest in him:

Because Wayne can save him :facepalmwastaken::facepalmwastaken::asshat::vom::vom: just like he did with Milf, Jimmy the Jet, Lodge etc.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

I know. This is a hypothetical discussion. Or does it need to be confirmed by a club our journo first before we discuss the pro/con's of him signing?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I know. This is a hypothetical discussion. Or does it need to be confirmed by a club our journo first before we discuss the pro/con's of him signing?
It's a bit of a waste of energy, especially when it starts getting heated.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Real bunny boiler type opinion this one.
I would love to hear one positive thing what he would bring to the club because there is none. He is an a grade fuckwit and a cancer to teams. He openly admitted he didn't even care for football. Why would you want someone around who isn't even committed to playing the game. Do you think that would be beneficial for the club at all?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I would love to hear one positive thing what he would bring to the club because there is none. He is an a grade fuckwit and a cancer to teams. He openly admitted he didn't even care for football. Why would you want someone around who isn't even committed to playing the game. Do you think that would be beneficial for the club at all?
It's the Milford conundrum. People love to think of the what if's rather than what is.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Playing ability. That's it. And we are talking about a professional football club, where that's a big factor.

I think he has potential to be beneficial under the right deal. I'd be all for us signing him on a small deal using him as a bench forward.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.