2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Get passed the click baity headlines people, don't make the off season any longer than it needs to for yourself. "Drama at the Broncos, player sneezes, covid rampant through the team!" yada yada yada...

I do think it is interesting too that he mentioned he passed to Aquaman who scored in the corner. I still think Deine will be a winger round 1.

Heard on the radio that Arthars also has a minor leg injury and is in doubt for Round 1? So that might answer the "3 in to 2" question we all have, at least to start the season.

I do think it is interesting too that he mentioned he passed to Aquaman who scored in the corner. I still think Deine will be a winger round 1.
I hope you're right, but the official word is he's only filling in for Jesse, who's resting an injured ankle.

Heard on the radio that Arthars also has a minor leg injury and is in doubt for Round 1? So that might answer the "3 in to 2" question we all have, at least to start the season.
Everyone is expected back by Vegas.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 23 at 12 13 41 NRL Casualty Ward Positive news for gun halves Milford

Did Baker arrive with the injury or has it occurred in preseason?

In fairness, after how well he played in the GF, if Arthars is fit, he is a lock for round 1.
Yes, Jesse and Ezra topped most of the player ratings I saw.

The only player who deserves dropping based on that one game alone would be Reynolds, and like that's even a conversation.

Absolutely don't trust Triple M of course, but this was about 6pm yesterday, so if it's not a beat up, it's a more up-to-date snapshot of where he's at than the website.
Well I wouldn't know. I'm only going on previous comments. If I were Jesse, I wouldn't be letting Deine anywhere near my starting position. He, of all people, knows how it works.

Yes, Jesse and Ezra topped most of the player ratings I saw.

The only player who deserves dropping based on that one game alone would be Reynolds, and like that's even a conversation.

Well you could argue Capewell too and look how that's turned out...and honestly, Walsh.

Did Baker arrive with the injury or has it occurred in preseason?
I presume he injured his groin early in the preseason. If he'd arrived with it, he would've had surgery much earlier.

Well you could argue Capewell too and look how that's turned out...and honestly, Walsh.
I would have to watch the game again to quibble over ratings, but Reynolds' shocker with the boot is hard to erase from memory. Wasn't lack of talent. That was a choke. Everyone was gassed in the last fifteen minutes except Cleary.

I would have to watch the game again to quibble over ratings, but Reynolds' shocker with the boot is hard to erase from memory. Wasn't lack of talent. That was a choke. Everyone was gassed in the last fifteen minutes except Cleary.

And how he did that with a busted leg needing months of rehab..."there needs to be an investigation!"

Yes. I'm still bitter.

Or we could talk about Fox's comments about Jack Wighton here:

South Sydney fans will have to wait until Round 3 for Wighton’s debut though. Not only has he picked up a calf injury that’s ruled him out of the Pre-season Challenge, but he has a four-game suspension for biting in Raiders’ loss to the Knights in week one of the finals last season.

Wighton confirmed the Indigenous vs Maori All Stars clash will count towards his suspension, meaning he will run out in a Rabbitohs jumper for the first time in an epic Round 3 clash with arch rivals the Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

Ironically, even if he didn’t have a suspension to serve Wighton would’ve still been racing the clock to be fit for Round 1.

“(The calf) is feeling good. I’m still in rehab at the moment so just trying to tick all the boxes so I can get back into the full swing by Round 3 when I’m needed,” he said.

“I was (going to be able to play in trials) but with my calf it’ll be Round 3 — that’s the starting point. Everything happens for a reason.”

Do I distinctly remember poor Ko-toe-ni's suspension at one point a few years back, being delayed until after he rehabbed an injury - after which time the suspension then kicked in? Is there something about injuries that happen after a suspension is handed down allowing the suspension to be served concurrently with the injury? Or is it really just the luck of the draw depending on how the NRL feels about the club and the player?

I jest, it's pretty clear it's just up to the NRL. Haas/Kelly 2 game suspension for a semi-private scuffle while Latrell/Wighton get forcibly arrested and get...fucking crickets (aside from the fact they were found not guilty, still brought the game into I'd argue more disrespect than the Haas/Kelly incident).

Or maybe I'm just a jaded one-eyed fan...

Active Now

• Astro
  • mrslong
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.