OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds Becomes A Bronco From 2022

I'm not a win at all costs type, so yeah I would rather have some lean years and build up with Queenslanders. I never cheer for the kangaroos because it's against my values to cheer for New South Welshman.
QLD just doesn't have anywhere near the depth of players NSW does, the only way we can compete with a team full of QLDers is if we have all the best ones in one team(which we managed to do in the 90s) but its not possible these days given how much power player managers have. I do think it would be good to have same top QLD talent in the spine atleast.

But lets be real here Reynolds is better then DCE and Hunt if he was a QLDer he would be the 7 no questions asked and to get a player at that level is a statement.

Another great option. And Paix, who's been forgotten this year.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I want to see more our juniors find a pathway through us, and hang around, rather than leave to another club. I say this against the backdrop of our last standing QLD rep, who's come up through our system and had the audacity to leave. Dummies were spat. Toys were thrown out of the cot. If we're to do a little dance over loyalty, it should cut both ways.
I think we have to realize that these kids these days have very little loyalty. We have to be active in the market and also offer these kids opportunity. You could argue we have actually been loyal to a fault, we flooded our team with them and watched it burn. We need to bring in experience, we also need to move on dead wood that hasn't worked out for us and that is exactly what we are doing. You also must show these kids that if they are prepared to test the market so are we, it what the Roosters do , its what Melbourne do and what we once did. You say look I am prepared to pay you this, let us know by then or we are going to the market. These kids have thought it a given result to be handed a contract, Dearden case and point.
We have by all accounts only let 2 out of 3 who have walked go without an offer, and all of them wanted to go. I am glad Kev didn't over pay to keep any of them. We would be in the 5 year rebuild that was predicted, waiting on them to develop into first graders but instead we could be looking at Kev having the team top 8 competitive by next year.

Who could have imagined that by May this year we could be thinking this team is actually going somewhere. Kev has been fantastic for this club, he is a very selfless man, doesn't care about how he looks, shows pride, gives the boys a tongue lashing when required and has set a standard. The guy is a Legend to be honest and I hope he jags a premiership for what he has done here in less then 12 months. With a few more key signs he may undo the predicted half decade of damage that Pies did. Fantastic really.

In regards to having the majority of our squad as Queenslanders, its absolutely something we should be looking at. We are Queenslands biggest club and we should be looking at improving our recruitment in that regard. We cant keep having the likes of Grant, Slater, Thurston, Smith etc slipping through our fingers and playing for rivals. We cant get them all, but we shouldnt be missing as many as we do.

The South’s sub-forum on LU is quite a good read.

A lot of people throwing the word unloyal around and yet the club were fucking over one of the players that won them their first premiership in 40 years. They think he should have taken the 1 year deals South’s were offering. Forget job security.

Some are starting to meltdown expecting more of their stars, mainly Walker and Mitchell, to leave the club now that Reynolds is gone.

A conspiracy theory was even thrown around that Bennett is re-joining the Broncos at seasons end and this is him sabotaging the side.
I read on their forum yesterday that Bennet and Adam should be stood down immediately haha.

Reynolds' manager Steve Gillis said:

“It looks like his deal with Brisbane will be completed in the next few days. We notified Cronulla late (Wednesday) of his decision to pursue Brisbane.”

McHunt
Couldn't be announced until today. I was told last night still a few things to get done before tomorrow.

just a little concerned with these 2 commnets here. one from his manager then from 1910.

does this mean the cooling off period isnt done yet and he can technically still pull out if souths have a major change of heart and offer him what he wants?

surely the club does not announce this unless its done and dusted and we cant have any greg inglis situations

QLD just doesn't have anywhere near the depth of players NSW does, the only way we can compete with a team full of QLDers is if we have all the best ones in one team(which we managed to do in the 90s) but its not possible these days given how much power player managers have. I do think it would be good to have same top QLD talent in the spine atleast.

But lets be real here Reynolds is better then DCE and Hunt if he was a QLDer he would be the 7 no questions asked and to get a player at that level is a statement.
Yes you make some good points and I do hope he comes here and is a success. I didn't see the cowboys games but I was mighty impressed with Gamble against the Titians and I just would have rathered they put their faith in a Brisbane born player.

Yes you make some good points and I do hope he comes here and is a success. I didn't see the cowboys games but I was mighty impressed with Gamble against the Titians and I just would have rathered they put their faith in a Brisbane born player.
Gamble's chances are not over in the slightest, he has mostly played 6 in lower grades and Staggs actually being our 6 long term isn't rusted on at all since he hasn't played there more then a game for Tonga, honestly think if Gamble keeps performing he will jump Staggs to the 6.

Hopefully Gamble stays on board and is willing to learn a bit about playing in the halves from somebody like Arey. I'm not in the camp of moving him to lock or any other position really. I dont see his value as a bench utility because i dont think his play is dynamic or impactful enough to thrive from the bench. I'd like to see him at 6 alongside Reynolds, but i do think if we can get Milf to sign up on a 1 year contract at about $400k i think he will be very effective. Watching him the other day against Melbourne in our victory against them in 2016 and his game was strong in attack and defence and i do believe with somebody like Reynolds next to him he can be good again. Maybe not great, but good. He will probably get better offers elsewhere though and i wouldnt push the boat out to keep him.

The big issue is we seem to have this fascination with moving Staggs from a position he is good in ( and he would get some early ball playing outside TPJ ) to 6. At the age Staggs is, wouldnt surprise me if Gamble ( who is 25 soon ) is probably likely to seek a move elsewhere if he can get a decent opportunity somewhere else.

Hopefully Gamble stays on board and is willing to learn a bit about playing in the halves from somebody like Arey. I'm not in the camp of moving him to lock or any other position really. I dont see his value as a bench utility because i dont think his play is dynamic or impactful enough to thrive from the bench. I'd like to see him at 6 alongside Reynolds, but i do think if we can get Milf to sign up on a 1 year contract at about $400k i think he will be very effective. Watching him the other day against Melbourne in our victory against them in 2016 and his game was strong in attack and defence and i do believe with somebody like Reynolds next to him he can be good again. Maybe not great, but good. He will probably get better offers elsewhere though and i wouldnt push the boat out to keep him.

The big issue is we seem to have this fascination with moving Staggs from a position he is good in ( and he would get some early ball playing outside TPJ ) to 6. At the age Staggs is, wouldnt surprise me if Gamble ( who is 25 soon ) is probably likely to seek a move elsewhere if he can get a decent opportunity somewhere else.
I actually tend to disagree. Gamble would be even more likely to want to move on if Milford was given another contract even if it was for only a season though whereas if his competition is strictly Staggs and Croft the odds are more in his favor as Dearden has moved on, Croft is out of favor and Staggs while has the frontrunning shot at 5/8th doesn't mean he is locked in long term without justification.

I'm not a win at all costs type, so yeah I would rather have some lean years and build up with Queenslanders. I never cheer for the kangaroos because it's against my values to cheer for New South Welshman.

Sign of the times and something we older heads likely need to adapt to, when the second bris team comes on board the issue is likely to become even more pronounced.

We also have some history there:

Chris Johns
Terry Matterson
Lazzo
Mick De Vere
Priddis
Ranga Wallace

I think we may need to lean on NSW to establish the aura again. We need to be a powerhouse club, top 4 consistently again before we can be super picky like we could in the past.

In what universe should QLD'ers prefer to play for the tits or cows given the choice. Tits have always been a perennial basket case and living in sweatsville? no thanks.

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman... well... something like that haha

just a little concerned with these 2 commnets here. one from his manager then from 1910.

does this mean the cooling off period isnt done yet and he can technically still pull out if souths have a major change of heart and offer him what he wants?

surely the club does not announce this unless its done and dusted and we cant have any greg inglis situations

Clubs can’t announce a signing until the cooling off period is over. It was part of the new rules introduced after the DCE shitstorm.

People can relax. It’s done. Reynolds is coming.

Once Staggs gets back it will be interesting because if he plays in the halves he is likely going to be in partnership with Gamble, his main competition for the position next year.

I actually tend to disagree. Gamble would be even more likely to want to move on if Milford was given another contract even if it was for only a season though whereas if his competition is strictly Staggs and Croft the odds are more in his favor as Dearden has moved on, Croft is out of favor and Staggs while has the frontrunning shot at 5/8th doesn't mean he is locked in long term without justification.

I think either way he will move tbh. If Kevvie is deadset on Staggs at 6 i dont see much of a path to first team footy.

Sign of the times and something we older heads likely need to adapt to, when the second bris team comes on board the issue is likely to become even more pronounced.

We also have some history there:

Chris Johns
Terry Matterson
Lazzo
Mick De Vere
Priddis
Ranga Wallace

I think we may need to lean on NSW to establish the aura again. We need to be a powerhouse club, top 4 consistently again before we can be super picky like we could in the past.

In what universe should QLD'ers prefer to play for the tits or cows given the choice. Tits have always been a perennial basket case and living in sweatsville? no thanks.

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman... well... something like that haha

Reynolds on why he chose Brisbane:

“It was a tough decision. It’s never easy leaving a place you grew up in your whole life. In saying that, I’m happy it’s done and out of the way and we can move one and play some footy. I just chose Brisbane because it will be a fresh start for me, for my family."

“It’s just a challenge and a challenge I’m looking forward to but that’s next year. I’ve got a commitment to South Sydney, I’m still employed by South Sydney and I’ll do everything right by South Sydney. For now, I’m focussed on doing my job for South Sydney and giving fans a memorable year.”

“Wayne’s a great coach and a great friend. I lean on Wayne for a lot of things whether it be football or outside of football. We’ve got that relationship where we can talk to each other and lean to him for some advice."

“It certainly wasn’t the making of my decision but just chatting to him made me a little more comfortable about the place and where he’s been before. It was a tough decision. It was very hard to come to that.”

McHunt

Reynolds on why he chose Brisbane:

“It was a tough decision. It’s never easy leaving a place you grew up in your whole life. In saying that, I’m happy it’s done and out of the way and we can move one and play some footy. I just chose Brisbane because it will be a fresh start for me, for my family."

“It’s just a challenge and a challenge I’m looking forward to but that’s next year. I’ve got a commitment to South Sydney, I’m still employed by South Sydney and I’ll do everything right by South Sydney. For now, I’m focussed on doing my job for South Sydney and giving fans a memorable year.”

“Wayne’s a great coach and a great friend. I lean on Wayne for a lot of things whether it be football or outside of football. We’ve got that relationship where we can talk to each other and lean to him for some advice."

“It certainly wasn’t the making of my decision but just chatting to him made me a little more comfortable about the place and where he’s been before. It was a tough decision. It was very hard to come to that.”

McHunt

Surely after that Wayne back to us has to have some legs.

The only draw back from this news is we need to wait until next year before he starts strutting his stuff.

It's worse than the week before Xmas when you were a 5 year old.

Can't bare to think how many sleeps it is before he pulls on our gernsey.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.