OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds Becomes A Bronco From 2022

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hope
Reynolds on why he chose Brisbane:

“It was a tough decision. It’s never easy leaving a place you grew up in your whole life. In saying that, I’m happy it’s done and out of the way and we can move one and play some footy. I just chose Brisbane because it will be a fresh start for me, for my family."

“It’s just a challenge and a challenge I’m looking forward to but that’s next year. I’ve got a commitment to South Sydney, I’m still employed by South Sydney and I’ll do everything right by South Sydney. For now, I’m focussed on doing my job for South Sydney and giving fans a memorable year.”

“Wayne’s a great coach and a great friend. I lean on Wayne for a lot of things whether it be football or outside of football. We’ve got that relationship where we can talk to each other and lean to him for some advice."

“It certainly wasn’t the making of my decision but just chatting to him made me a little more comfortable about the place and where he’s been before. It was a tough decision. It was very hard to come to that.”

McHunt
Thanks WB you champ.

Loch Ness Monster

Loch Ness Monster

QCup Player
Oct 19, 2016
Boys... for the first time in this clubs history, we have an ELITE goal kicker. That alone has me
Jacked!

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
With Reynolds and possibly Benny the Ball (Top Cat reference) trundling up to Brizzy and Milf maybe heading down the M1 to the glitter strip ... I wonder if Xavier (turn) Coates and Fat Fifi have reflected on the wisdom of their decisions.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
With Reynolds and possibly Benny the Ball (Top Cat reference) trundling up to Brizzy and Milf maybe heading down the M1 to the glitter strip ... I wonder if Xavier (turn) Coates and Fat Fifi have reflected on the wisdom of their decisions.
Fifita be like
Donald Duck Money GIF

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Geez, Reynolds looked torn in that press conference today. You can just tell he really did not want to leave them, the management of Souffs have done him over and their fans. There will be some disharmony for sure, hard to see how there won't be

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Fifita went for the money so I don't think he gives a shit what is going on in Brisbane to be perfectly honest, some of his efforts this season when his team is under extreme heat have been diabolical
I think he would if we nab a premiership before them.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Geez, Reynolds looked torn in that press conference today. You can just tell he really did not want to leave them, the management of Souffs have done him over and their fans. There will be some disharmony for sure, hard to see how there won't be

Yep, he doesn't want to leave at all and he looks pretty shattered about it but he does look like he is happy to be coming to a club like ours. Will be interesting to see how things go from here. I just have a strange feeling about it all, not sure if it is just being jaded over the Cullen-White years.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
@007 to give me the market for WB returning to Red Hill. I've just got this sneaking suspicion that it's a better than even chance that it'll happen.

Like others I'd prefer that we could stack the squad with local talent but given the state the club is in, they're all leaving for offers at other more stable clubs. Signing Reynolds will go a long way to getting us back on track in regards to rectifying that IMO. The front office, after only a few weeks looks to be in far better shape and when Reynolds arrives next year the team will hopefully follow the same path. Hell, even without Reynolds we're starting to look better on the field. Good times ahead.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
In regards to having the majority of our squad as Queenslanders, its absolutely something we should be looking at. We are Queenslands biggest club and we should be looking at improving our recruitment in that regard. We cant keep having the likes of Grant, Slater, Thurston, Smith etc slipping through our fingers and playing for rivals. We cant get them all, but we shouldnt be missing as many as we do.
Excited Fresh Off The Boat GIF by ABC Network

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hopefully Gamble stays on board and is willing to learn a bit about playing in the halves from somebody like Arey. I'm not in the camp of moving him to lock or any other position really. I dont see his value as a bench utility because i dont think his play is dynamic or impactful enough to thrive from the bench. I'd like to see him at 6 alongside Reynolds, but i do think if we can get Milf to sign up on a 1 year contract at about $400k i think he will be very effective. Watching him the other day against Melbourne in our victory against them in 2016 and his game was strong in attack and defence and i do believe with somebody like Reynolds next to him he can be good again. Maybe not great, but good. He will probably get better offers elsewhere though and i wouldnt push the boat out to keep him.

The big issue is we seem to have this fascination with moving Staggs from a position he is good in ( and he would get some early ball playing outside TPJ ) to 6. At the age Staggs is, wouldnt surprise me if Gamble ( who is 25 soon ) is probably likely to seek a move elsewhere if he can get a decent opportunity somewhere else.
I Got You Heart GIF by Tristen J. Winger

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yep, he doesn't want to leave at all and he looks pretty shattered about it but he does look like he is happy to be coming to a club like ours. Will be interesting to see how things go from here. I just have a strange feeling about it all, not sure if it is just being jaded over the Cullen-White years.

relax ... pour yourself a scotch ...

I know it's been a tough 12 months and this negative frame of mind is hard to break out of.

but i took it more of not wanting to be disrespectful to his current club and their supporters. I respect that

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Finally the Broncos have some kind of direction. Reynolds is the type of marquee signing they can build around and he can make the players around him look better. Not only is it an immediate upgrade on the field but off the field it's so much easier to attract talent when you've got a marquee #7 to play with.

Over the past few years it's been so easy to arrive to the negative with the Broncos because of their track record. However given what was on offer I think they've nailed this. An actual marquee player who is as advertised that turns a weakness into a strength. When I look at all the other scenarios this was by far the most appealing.

You can never count your chickens before they hatch but based on everything you couldn't ask more from the Broncos management. Hopefully Reynolds goes down in Broncos folklore as one of the greatest signings who helped right the ship.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.