Anthony Milford appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ahead of Lockyer, Langer, Tallis, Miles, Webcke, Lazarus, Sailor, Renouf, Civo, Kevin Walters etc?

Yes, I do think he could be better than all of them eventually.

He is only young and he does still have a lot of improvement in him. But I think one day, when he finally matures and reaches his potential, he will be the greatest to have ever played for the Broncos.

If he isn't, he will be in the top 5 for sure. Time will tell.

He has been getting better each season.

Last edited:
im not sure about outclassing the greatest of all time lockyer but i believe he has the capability to be up there if he keeps developing his game stays humble, loyal doesnt get a big head also injuries can play a big part. but Overall im just really excited that broncos are playing exciting football again for the last few years watching broncos got boring but milford has brought the thrill and excitement back to watching the mmighty broncos

Because last time I checked being the captain of a sports team doesn't mean you have to be an entertainer or great public speaker. If that was the criteria Thaiday would be the greatest captain the game has ever seen.
I'm sorry, where have I said those were requisites?

Didn't you suggest he wasn't a great speaker and therefore shouldn't be captain?
No, I didn't.

I'd like the captain to be able to string a few eloquent sentences together when he needs to, not become a stand-up comedian.

Seriously, has anyone actually paid attention to Milford in an interview? How is he captain material?

In all fairness he's still a kid. And from what I have read he has a very humble background and upbringing which his personality reflects. He's clearly quite shy and quiet, but give him time, he will mature.

In all fairness he's still a kid. And from what I have read he has a very humble background and upbringing which his personality reflects. He's clearly quite shy and quiet, but give him time, he will mature.
You're right, although shy and quiet is not something you'd want your captain to be, even when more mature.

My remark isn't a blight on his character, as I have nothing but praise for this kid.
I think a captain needs to be a capable leader of men, and unlike football talent, I don't think Anthony is very gifted in that department.

Going by the reports, he seems to be a great communicator off camera. At training and during games.

It's just on camera he isn't that good. But he has been improving.

One day.

Last edited:
Going by the reports, he seems to be a great communicator off camera. At training and during games.

It's just on camera he isn't that good. But he has been improving.
He's great communicator during plays on the field in his halves role, not so much under other circumstances from what I've heard...

I'm pretty good at guiding, training, and hopefully leading colleagues at work, but don't ask me to be the life of the party, because it will die a slow, painful, lonely death!

P.S. When I talk, my accent seems to do all the entertainment for me. (In before the usual smart-arse comments :thefinger:)

He's great communicator during plays on the field in his halves role, not so much under other circumstances from what I've heard...

I'm pretty good at guiding, training, and hopefully leading colleagues at work, but don't ask me to be the life of the party, because it will die a slow, painful, lonely death!

P.S. When I talk, my accent seems to do all the entertainment for me. (In before the usual smart-arse comments :thefinger:)

You're no fun.

to be honest i dont really understand why we are criticizing Anthony Milford for his interview speaking to me as long as he keeps up his incredible ball skills pace and class i dont care if he cant even speak in front of cameras.

to be honest i dont really understand why we are criticizing Anthony Milford for his interview speaking to me as long as he keeps up his incredible ball skills pace and class i dont care if he cant even speak in front of cameras.

We're not criticising him, we're simply giving our view for why he wouldn't be a suitable captain at this stage of his career. Has anyone been a full time captain under the age of 24? Croker is young, but if my memory serves me correctly, most captains only get the role in their mid to late 20's, or later.

Milford needs to worry about his own game for now, he's too young, shy and a poor speaker to be the face of the club. I do love him though, certainly not out of the question a few years down the track.

For now my choice would be Parker, followed by Hunt/Boyd.

We're not criticising him, we're simply giving our view for why he wouldn't be a suitable captain at this stage of his career. Has anyone been a full time captain under the age of 24? Croker is young, but if my memory serves me correctly, most captains only get the role in their mid to late 20's, or later.

Milford needs to worry about his own game for now, he's too young, shy and a poor speaker to be the face of the club. I do love him though, certainly not out of the question a few years down the track.

For now my choice would be Parker, followed by Hunt/Boyd.

Who has claimed he should be captain now? All I've read or said is down the track he has potential to captain

I shouldn't be any longer than a day now.. Just got to tweak some volume settings with the commentary and music..

This has been a challenge and a half.. A lot of editing required. A lot more than my Milford & Hunt montage..

So, I've split it into two parts and I'm using two different music tracks.

First part is the Raiders. Second part is the Broncos.

Might do a Ben Hunt montage afterwards.. Maybe.. We'll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.