Anthony Milford Discussion

There is a feature of Cronk on Fox Sports.

I hope Milford is watching.

To be fair, we're hardly prolific offloaders. And when a forward does get one away, Milford and Hunt are almost always there in support, it's just that the defence is rarely scattered and disorganised.

Stats are interesting: so far, we are actually 2nd best in offloads yet 2nd last in try assists and last in line breaks.

In 2015, we were 4th in line breaks and 3rd in try assists yet middle of the road in offloads.

I know it's only rd. 5 but those stats tell me that our support play is crap largely because we have no constructive attacking structures, and to say that we are still working on them is a load of crap.

Milford needs no help in attacking from broken play but the way we congest the middle and have no depth in attack on the edges and out wide nullifies any impact Milford can have. By the time he gets the ball, the defence is in his face. At least Hunt has a bit of time at 1st receiver to make something happen.

We can blame Milford as much as we like but for mine, this is a coaching issue where our attack is just largely flat, metaphorically, and literally.

Finally, if we are going to talk about Milford, we should also talk about Boyd

I swear Milford is getting fatter on a week-by-week basis.

I swear Milford is getting fatter on a week-by-week basis.
Him and Thaiday on the same diet.

It blows my mind that a professional athlete making north of $500k a year, can't have the self discipline to adhere to a strict diet and get in the best shape they can possibly be in. Fighters do it, and half of them don't make half the money these guys do, so why can't these guys?

Can somebody post up some older and more recent pics of Milf please ?

I really don't see him as being as overweight as a lot of you claim him to be ?

He just seems distracted.....

Can somebody post up some older and more recent pics of Milf please ?

I really don't see him as being as overweight as a lot of you claim him to be ?

He just seems distracted.....
I agree. I wouldn't call him overweight. He has definitely filled out as he's grown older but to say he is fat is a bit much. To say he has lost his speed as well....who knows. He hasn't really had the chance to show it this year as he has been heavily marked because he is stuck in a pattern of football that doesn't suit him.

I agree. I wouldn't call him overweight. He has definitely filled out as he's grown older but to say he is fat is a bit much. To say he has lost his speed as well....who knows. He hasn't really had the chance to show it this year as he has been heavily marked because he is stuck in a pattern of football that doesn't suit him.

He couldn't beat Thaiday in a foot race

Could be just that he is filling our naturally (polynesian build). But I'm not sure what sort of player he is going to be if he pushes towards 100 kg. He's only 22 so it's likely he'll fill out even more.

He couldn't beat Thaiday in a foot race

Thaiday is pretty fast. I remember when he played school football in Townsville and he was regarded as a very fast forward. He competed well in athletics for example.

Milf could lose 3-4 kgs pretty easily with a change of diet.

If Milford was not an issue this thread would not exist.

Slowly some people are starting to see that he is not the wonder boy everyone thinks he is, and playing 3 great games a year is just not good enough.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.