VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Mate you've seen some of the horrid ahit getting around. If I was a public figure who's soon to have a lot of money and free time I'd spend a bit of it going after the wankers who say this type of shit for real. I'm mentally drained from spending half the arvo trying to come up with obviously impossible joke scenarios because these clowns are saying such wild shit so earnestly it's a bloody hard task.
I wouldn't be hiring lawyers to try to flyswat comments on social media. If I were a public persona who could get top billing on every TV station in NSW and QLD, I'd arrange a Zoom call and say it's bullshit, and be done with it. If I weren't up to addressing the media, I'd ask the club to handle it, and send a few players to show solidarity. None of this is happening. Instead, he spent the time to go the lawyer route. This is not a persuasion technique used by anyone who understands how to use the media. It's also not sending a clear message he's innocent.

Let me give you an example. If you accuse someone of doing something and their response is to say you can't prove it, rather than one of the many other reactions to being falsely accused, that's close enough to a confession.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be hiring lawyers to try to flyswat comments on social media. If I were a public persona who could get top billing on every TV station in NSW and QLD, I'd arrange a Zoom call and say it's bullshit, and be done with it. If I weren't up to addressing the media, I'd ask the club to handle it, and send a few players to show solidarity. None of this is happening. Instead, he spent the time to go the lawyer route. This is not a persuasion technique used by anyone who understands how to use the media.
Everyone I’m talking to thinks it makes him look guilty of something.

Its got like chinese whispers. It started with an element of truth i'd say, they people just expand on it with silly stories.
I’m inclined to believe that the story is miles out of hand by now, but I do also doubt it Just appeared from complete thin air. I suspect somewhere in there is at least some element of truth or genuine fire to explain all this smoke.

I have no doubt with the situation he is in, it would be hard for many people to think clearly and keep their head above water.
Then have the club and players do it. Their speciality is circling the wagons.

I think it's a pretty simple situation in some ways. I mean it's one that is repeated daily somewherein Australia. The kind of deal where the household breadwinner gets a big paying job/ promotion in another state and has to move the family. Daughters are especially prone to emotional over reaction to such a situation.

I think all the rest is likely just a story. Oh, Seibold may like a dabble in recreational activities and that's woven into the story but I doubt he's done anything wrong.

I knew he had family issues and I wrote about it a couple weeks back. The following was something I wrote then:

He probably only has one thing really on his mind, it'd be his family and the knockon effects his dismal results has on their lives. He bleated about it before whilst trying to shame WB and create sympathy. Well, I think this time it's probably real. I reckon that would be his greatest decision to make, keep putting my family and myself through this for the cash or pull the pin and fade away from the glare?

Weekly check in to see if he's still here.....Still here, carry on.

(Alarmingly last night half the panel was suggesting that once the truth comes out about Seibs, if the Broncos fire him now they will look like assholes. Give me a break.)

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • whykickamoocow
  • davidp
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
  • broncomax
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.