Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

What a disgusting display by Paul White. While his fingerprints are on this club there’ll be no success. How he sat in that conference and defined accountability without owning a single part of it is beyond me. When questioned on having 4 coaches die under him with no premierships, he quipped that it’s technically only 3 as he came in and got rid of Henjak during that preseason. Really? That’s your response to that question? A fucking technicality? Fair dinkum. Burn the board, salt the earth and start again. What a laughing stock this club has become.

The second thing your bias and narrative ignores is the fact that Seibold very clearly told Boyd and the public at large that he didn't want Boyd's leadership by the ridiculous stripping of Boyds captaincy. Right then Seibold said 'thanks but no thanks'. That didn't stop Boyd from talking to his team mates and he didn't either. He kept talking every game. It was yet another poor decision in a long line of poor decisions by Seibold as was evident in his sacking.

That's because Boyd was the worst player on the team last year. He should have been dropped, really. You can't have your worst player be the Captain. He really only started playing well again when he was moved back to FB. There's no one without blame here. The Board, Seibold, escalating injuries and players all take some responsibility in our current position. Stagg even mentioned that some of the senior players weren't really doing their job.

There was discontent before Seibold even arrived. Remember that function White held but players snubbed it for a BBQ at Bennett's house? The decision later to replace him with Seibold probably had players offside already.

The amount of holier than thou Attitude broncos fans seem to have is ludicrous. I came on here because of my emotion on how poorly/dodgily the club is operating and to voice my opinion and I’ve been called a troll by apparent “fans”. I don’t know why any fans think that the broncos are deserved or anything right now. The glory days have long since set.

So what? It matters to me because it irks me to see certain members, including some on the staff, decide that they are the sole arbiters of who can be a Broncos fan. That type of you're not a real fan if you don't believe what I believe/act how I act performative bullshit makes every thread it occurs in a harder read and the site overall a less pleasant place to be.

It's worse when a particular poster is singled out for personal abuse in plenty of threads by the same crew over and over, some of whom don't mind throwing abuse at the players they dislike while getting terribly upset if someone mentions Seibold's weight, or bitching about the players and/or former coaches they hate while saying that people who talk about Pies the same way aren't even Broncos fans. Hell, if you're going to play Judge Judy and executioner with regards to anyone suspected of being a double-plus unfan, why not start with the crackpots spreading deep state style conspiracy theories about players deliberately not performing? After all, if you can't support the players then maybe you're just not a Real Fan and should go find some other club to support.

The amount of holier than thou Attitude broncos fans seem to have is ludicrous. I came on here because of my emotion on how poorly/dodgily the club is operating and to voice my opinion and I’ve been called a troll by apparent “fans”. I don’t know why any fans think that the broncos are deserved or anything right now. The glory days have long since set.

You've also come on here with sweeping generalisations that one or two fans responding to you represents every 'fan'. Sweeping generalisations, particularly in a negative confrontational way, are not the best way to come on here expecting a warm welcome is it.

In fact, your last post in this thread before this one was very good.

Your last line says it all. You only see what fits your narrative. That last line is pure fantasy. There's that bit of footage we all saw which featured a close up of Boyd staring into the distance. That's what you remember BUT what you didn't see (due to bias) was the earlier footage in the same game after two tries had been scored against us where Boyd was very very vocal trying to rev up the team. You didn't see it because you don't want to see it.

The second thing your bias and narrative ignores is the fact that Seibold very clearly told Boyd and the public at large that he didn't want Boyd's leadership by the ridiculous stripping of Boyds captaincy. Right then Seibold said 'thanks but no thanks'. That didn't stop Boyd from talking to his team mates and he didn't either. He kept talking every game. It was yet another poor decision in a long line of poor decisions by Seibold as was evident in his sacking.

I agree Milford could have done more but in his defence he's never been a talkative inspirational leader. That's not necessarily an indictment of the individual. Offa is a bench forward and I've seen little to suggest he's a leader. Oates tried hard. No, you just want to kick Boyd. Seibold is the architect of his own demise and 100% is to blame for a lack of leadership.

I have no bias or agenda. I am just calling it as i see it. But since you are unable to see the glaringly obvious, perhaps it's you with the bias, and you whom is believing your own narrative. I'm not sure how anyone can dispute the fact that we have poor leadership in our team, but somehow you are.

I'm not talking about what Boyd has or has not done in one specific game. I am talking about Boyd's lack of leadership over multiple games, something you have chosen to conveniently ignore. I am not sure why you are only referencing last weeks game to support your claim about Boyd being a good leader, but perhaps its because it fits your narrative.

Either way, it's not a very good example for you because it fits into what I'm saying. Last week was the first time Boyd has tried to 'rev up' the team, which is why I said it was interesting that he finally found a voice under Gentle. When did he ever inspire the team previously? That is precisely why he was stripped of his captaincy. He has always been a reluctant captain, and despite being so experienced he has always lacked leadership qualities.

Likewise, when has Milford, Oates, or Ofahengaue ever shown any leadership? They are some of the most experienced players in the team in their respective positions. When the team is struggling, and with such a young group of guys in the team, these guys need to step up. Yet they haven't. Younger players should be looking to them for direction, but instead they are turning to Carrigan who has played 30 odd games of NRL.

If you cannot see that there are other issues aside from poor coaching which has resulted in the club being in the position we are now, then I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
What a disgusting display by Paul White. While his fingerprints are on this club there’ll be no success. How he sat in that conference and defined accountability without owning a single part of it is beyond me. When questioned on having 4 coaches die under him with no premierships, he quipped that it’s technically only 3 as he came in and got rid of Henjak during that preseason. Really? That’s your response to that question? A fucking technicality? Fair dinkum. Burn the board, salt the earth and start again. What a laughing stock this club has become.
Lol give it up douche , why would you go to all this trouble ? Oh sorry I get it know, as you were.

Okay it’s been a few hours, can someone confirm he is still no longer our coach?

Im concerned he’ll keep popping up like Jason Voorhees.

That's because Boyd was the worst player on the team last year. He should have been dropped, really. You can't have your worst player be the Captain. He really only started playing well again when he was moved back to FB. There's no one without blame here. The Board, Seibold, escalating injuries and players all take some responsibility in our current position. Stagg even mentioned that some of the senior players weren't really doing their job.

There was discontent before Seibold even arrived. Remember that function White held but players snubbed it for a BBQ at Bennett's house? The decision later to replace him with Seibold probably had players offside already.
Perhaps he meant Milford and Joffa? It's true Boyd wasn't in his best position but I'd hardly say he was our worst player last year. The porous middle certainly was a factor last year. A fullback, any fullback can hardly stop three and four attackers at a time. My view is that Seeplod took the easy option and indirectly blamed DB for our soft centre. It doesn't matter now.

I'll just say that DB was never the biggest problem at the Broncos but do agree that we had issues even before the dreadful coach debacle. I believe the boards shithouse decision exacerbated the issue and as I said at the time they should have honoured WBs contract. We now know that to be true. WBs suggested plan was infinitely better and would have seen him stepping down at the end of this season...after we had played our last finals match and regardless of how we went in that last game. What would surely have followed would be an orderly well planned transition for the new coach. Ahh, hindsight.

I have no bias or agenda. I am just calling it as i see it. But since you are unable to see the glaringly obvious, perhaps it's you with the bias, and you whom is believing your own narrative. I'm not sure how anyone can dispute the fact that we have poor leadership in our team, but somehow you are.

I'm not talking about what Boyd has or has not done in one specific game. I am talking about Boyd's lack of leadership over multiple games, something you have chosen to conveniently ignore. I am not sure why you are only referencing last weeks game to support your claim about Boyd being a good leader, but perhaps its because it fits your narrative.

Either way, it's not a very good example for you because it fits into what I'm saying. Last week was the first time Boyd has tried to 'rev up' the team, which is why I said it was interesting that he finally found a voice under Gentle. When did he ever inspire the team previously? That is precisely why he was stripped of his captaincy. He has always been a reluctant captain, and despite being so experienced he has always lacked leadership qualities.

Likewise, when has Milford, Oates, or Ofahengaue ever shown any leadership. They are some of the most experienced players in the team in their respective positions. When the team is struggling, and with such a young group of guys in the team, these guys need to step up. Yet they haven't. Younger players should be looking to them for direction, but instead they are turning to Carrigan who has played 30 odd games of NRL.

If you cannot see that there are other issues aside from poor coaching which has resulted in the club being in the position we are now, then I guess we can just agree to disagree.
Err, I didn't mention last weeks game but since you have THAT most certainly was not the first time he tried to rev up the team and most certainly had nothing to do with Gentle!! Your eyes must indeed be painted on. I referred to a game earlier on in the season when we'd had 6 to 8 tries scored on us and the footage showed Boyd staring into space with an utterly bewildered look. Boyd has ALWAYS talked to his team, a fact many team mates have stated publicly and no doubt in private.

He didn't 'finally find a voice under Gentle'. That's pure unadulterated garbage. Best thing is, I can prove my claim. It easily disproves your ridiculous assertion. Want to bet I can't find 5 examples from this season alone?

How disapointing this is a burner. Because I agree with the contents of this post.

Either way, it's not a very good example for you because it fits into what I'm saying. Last week was the first time Boyd has tried to 'rev up' the team, which is why I said it was interesting that he finally found a voice under Gentle. When did he ever inspire the team previously?

I didn't have to look very hard to TOTALLY DISPROVE the ridiculous assertion above!!
Just have a look at a replay of the Sharks Broncos game. 14 minutes from half time, in goal, there it is, DB revving up the team. Next instalment, 3 mins from fulltime, just after the Sharks take the lead, again see DB, reving up the team, full voice, trying to tell them we can win it in the dying minutes.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Two examples in just the one game. There are many many more throughout the season and Gentle had nothing to do with them. Is it time for you to concede you got it wrong? I mean that stupid statement above? Man up and own it, don't deflect. Were you wrong???

Err, I didn't mention last weeks game but since you have THAT most certainly was not the first time he tried to rev up the team and most certainly had nothing to do with Gentle!! Your eyes must indeed be painted on. I referred to a game earlier on in the season when we'd had 6 to 8 tries scored on us and the footage showed Boyd staring into space with an utterly bewildered look. Boyd has ALWAYS talked to his team, a fact many team mates have stated publicly and no doubt in private.

He didn't 'finally find a voice under Gentle'. That's pure unadulterated garbage. Best thing is, I can prove my claim. It easily disproves your ridiculous assertion. Want to bet I can't find 5 examples from this season alone?
Yes, I mentioned last weeks game because thats the most recent, and one of the few time I've actually seen Boyd commanding the teams attention. Something like that should not be a one off thing for someone who has achieved so much in the game. The fact that it is a one off thing is my issue with the lack of leadership in the squad. Please go and find your 5 examples of him being a good leader. He mostly goes missing when the chips are down. The fact you are only suggesting to find 5 pieces of evidence over an entire season is pretty funny in itself. That's probably all you'll find anyway.

Also while you're at it, find examples of leadership from the rest of our senior players, particularly Milford, Oates and Ofahengaue. None of those players are able inspire the team, nor do they lead with their actions. Not really sure where you see any leadership in our team, especially with Boyd set to retire.

I can't believe you are actually saying the team doesn't lack leadership? So you think all our senior players are pulling their weight? Pretty much everyone can see that the younger guys in the team are the ones compensating for the senior guys not doing enough. To heap the captaincy on someone like Carrigan when Glenn got injured over some of the other more experienced players in the team says it all really.

Either way I'm not sure why you've turned this into a Boyd thing when my original post was stating that holding Seibold solely responsible would absolve the players of any fault. I think the players need to be held responsible for how they are playing too.

Yes, I mentioned last weeks game because thats the most recent, and one of the few time I've actually seen Boyd commanding the teams attention. Something like that should not be a one off thing for someone who has achieved so much in the game. The fact that it is a one off thing is my issue with the lack of leadership in the squad. Please go and find your 5 examples of him being a good leader. He mostly goes missing when the chips are down. The fact you are only suggesting to find 5 pieces of evidence over an entire season is pretty funny in itself. That's probably all you'll find anyway.

Also while you're at it, find examples of leadership from the rest of our senior players, particularly Milford, Oates and Ofahengaue. None of those players are able inspire the team, nor do they lead with their actions. Not really sure where you see any leadership in our team, especially with Boyd set to retire.

I can't believe you are actually saying the team doesn't lack leadership? So you think all our senior players are pulling their weight? Pretty much everyone can see that the younger guys in the team are the ones compensating for the senior guys not doing enough. To heap the captaincy on someone like Carrigan when Glenn got injured over some of the other more experienced players in the team says it all really.

Either way I'm not sure why you've turned this into a Boyd thing when my original post was stating that holding Seibold solely responsible would absolve the players of any fault. I think the players need to be held responsible for how they are playing too.
I suppose you've just read my follow up post. Yes, found two and in the first game I looked at. You see, I pay attention to games, I just don't assume I know what's happened.

Nope, just not letting you get away with out and out bullshit claims. Don't presume to know what I think about leadership within and without the game.

Nope, just not letting you get away with out and out bullshit claims. Don't presume to know what I think about leadership within and without the game.
It's not a claim. It was an observation, and it seems you have taken it the wrong way. I'm not saying Boyd deliberately wasn't vocal just to undermine Seibold, or that he has only started being vocal once he left.

I do however believe Boyd has looked far more comfortable the past few weeks without Seibold. That's understandable since he removed himself from the leadership group due to a difference of opinion with Seibold. Something clearly was not right between them. I think in the the past few weeks with Gentle in charge he looks more interested, more vocal and more like an older version of Boyd. Perhaps playing fullback again has also sparked something in him. But where were those qualities earlier in the year, or for the most part of last year?

Either way, there's no denying he was very much invisible playing centre earlier in the year. He looked disinterested, and failed to stand up when we needed someone to take charge. I guess he felt he didn't have to lead the team as it was no longer his job.

But that's my issue with the senior guys in the team. No one puts their hand up and demands that the rest of the team follow them. Our team lacks the leadership to push through moments in games where things are going horribly wrong. The whole teams attitude shifts and they all drop their heads. That's not purely down to poor coaching, which is my original point. There are other underlying issues that needs to be addressed as well as the coaching situation.

So from reading through this people still want to point fingers while strangely defending the indefensible.

The coach has a lot of the blame to shoulder. He did not train to the caliber or character of his men. He seemed to be unable to rework his plans or divert from his grand plan. It appeared from looking in that he was also incapable of dropping those senior players that just could not play for him. He failed to set the global standard and had no solid foundations for future actions. So he failed clearly but he was not alone.

The senior players under Seibs cleary did not perform infact were often the worst performing players more often than not. They also failed to provide leadership week in and week out. Infact Milford was the most out of shape on return from Covid break. Unacceptable for the highest paid player and a senior member. Boyd well everything has been said and anyone defending him is delusional. The last two years have been an absolute disgrace on leadership alone.

The junior players shouldered a lot of the burden and tried filling the leadership void but i think this lead to overplaying and lack of discipline. Frustrated and clearly unhappy at times. Mostly promising just clearly not ready.

The boardroom and Ceo levels just failed to either support or pull Seibold into line. His support staff was probably the worst I have ever seen. There was literally nobody that anybody knew and the one or two people we did know had no real high level experience.

All in all the club as a whole from the board right on down to the players and everyone in between have failed in to some degreeover the last 18 months.

That's why Kev is the man for the job. He is one guy who could unite the club. I am not talking about a premiership I am talking about a united club turning up each and every week. As a fan i can get behind that. I can support a performing underdog.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.