Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

How funny is this?

I've got a mate who knows nothing about sport. I go mountain bike riding with him every few days. I went this morning. He asks me if I know who Anthony Seibold is. I said yeah, of course (even put on Seibolds voice). He said that Anthony's daughter goes to the same school as his daughter. They are in the same class. Apparently the school is a bit of a pain to get in and out of for pick up, so my mate parks in the local shopping centre and just walks around the corner to pick his daughter up.

Yesterday arvo he gets a tap on the window just as he turns up. It's Seibold. He asks my mate if he could sit in his car and if my mate could get Seibs daughter too, because he spotted a camera crew out the front of the school. My mates like "umm yeah, but why are you worried about a camera crew". Seibs explains. My mate didn't even know who Seibold was haha. Has seen him at school and school functions and didn't even know he was the broncos coach. So he tells my mate about being the broncos coach, and my mates says that must be a good job, and then he asks my mate if he even watches the news, as he just got sacked.

The funniest part, he then asks my mate if he's keen for a beer, probably happy to just be with someone who doesn't really give a shit about his football role, my mate declines and says he had to take his daughter somewhere, but would be keen to catch up in the coming days, but that he's off the grog at the moment, but would happily just have a <insert aptly named soft drink variety here>.

So I filled my mate in on all the goings on with Seibs, especially the rumours, given what my mate said to him. I told him to tell Seibs I'd happily shout him a beer with all the money I've made betting against the Broncos over the past 10 weeks.

It's funny about my mate not knowing, but also sad the camera crews would decide to try and turn up to Seibolds daughters school, when he'd just spent an hour fronting up to the media and answering questions that morning.

**** the media are dogs.

How funny is this?

I've got a mate who knows nothing about sport. I go mountain bike riding with him every few days. I went this morning. He asks me if I know who Anthony Seibold is. I said yeah, of course (even put on Seibolds voice). He said that Anthony's daughter goes to the same school as his daughter. They are in the same class. Apparently the school is a bit of a pain to get in and out of for pick up, so my mate parks in the local shopping centre and just walks around the corner to pick his daughter up.

Yesterday arvo he gets a tap on the window just as he turns up. It's Seibold. He asks my mate if he could sit in his car and if my mate could get Seibs daughter too, because he spotted a camera crew out the front of the school. My mates like "umm yeah, but why are you worried about a camera crew". Seibs explains. My mate didn't even know who Seibold was haha. Has seen him at school and school functions and didn't even know he was the broncos coach. So he tells my mate about being the broncos coach, and my mates says that must be a good job, and then he asks my mate if he even watches the news, as he just got sacked.

The funniest part, he then asks my mate if he's keen for a beer, probably happy to just be with someone who doesn't really give a shit about his football role, my mate declines and says he had to take his daughter somewhere, but would be keen to catch up in the coming days, but that he's off the grog at the moment, but would happily just have a <insert aptly named soft drink variety here>.

So I filled my mate in on all the goings on with Seibs, especially the rumours, given what my mate said to him. I told him to tell Seibs I'd happily shout him a beer with all the money I've made betting against the Broncos over the past 10 weeks.

It's funny about my mate not knowing, but also sad the camera crews would decide to try and turn up to Seibolds daughters school, when he'd just spent an hour fronting up to the media and answering questions that morning.

I heard this is the same way Seibold approached Peter Gentle about doing the post match pressers for him.

Yea I feel for Seibold.

Glad he is gone as coach, but i hope the bloke does alright and finds some peace through all this bullshit.
Wish him nothing but luck and happiness going forward.

Last edited:
The problem I have with a number of your posts, like when you said this the other day about Seibold :

"He took something that we all share a common interest in and absolutely eviscerated it. He deserves every last bit of vitriol he has received and will continue to receive."

... is that they are untrue, nasty and personal. That's not celebrating his dismissal, it's gloating over another's suffering which contributes nothing meaningful to this Forum whatsoever. No wonder there are posters on here who take exception to what for mine is effectively sadistic and without any redeeming features.
Spot on mate, this is what my comments were directed to, not his oft repeated opinon about Seibold's coaching ability. The inability to recognise and acknowledge this indicates that something is lacking.

How funny is this?

Isn't Siebold's family in Sydney? Last I heard, he was still in Brisbane this morning before going bush with a school friend.

would anyone be suprised if we suffer no injuries during training rest of season? Be interested to see if this is how it plays out.....would be telling...

Last edited:
You simply have to look at WHY you were called that.
You want us to forgive you for celebrating Siebold's sacking? Sorry mate but you are delusional, as there is nothing to forgive. There isn't a single Broncos fan by my count that isn't delighted his reign has come to an end.
By all reports, Siebold is a good guy who gave it his all, but failed dismally. We are all celebrating his departure.
The issue here is that Siebold has serious personal/family issues on top of the coaching debacle, and then was viciously slandered on social media.
And you pop up and say he deserves it all.
There is nothing wrong with wanting our seriously underperforming coach gone. There is everything wrong with saying he deserves the vitriol coming at him.
If you can't see that then there simply is no hope for you.
I am aware that sometimes the written word can be misconstrued, and sometimes emotions can get the better of people.
It's possible you didn't really mean that he deserves everything he is getting, and we have have all misunderstood you.
That be the case please say so.
But if not, and you really did mean what you said, then you honestly are an embarrassment to humanity and you can't blame anyone for thinking it.
Over to you.
I did mean deserves the vitriol pertaining to his lack of coaching ability not the outside stuff. I thought that had been forgotten and we were just discussing his inability to be a coach. I did comment on the other stuff at the time it came out doubting its validity, although suspected there was an underlying amount of truth to some aspects of it which got blown out of proportion.

Posters were saying they couldn't believe people were sticking the boot in and others said he tried his best. Well he did eviscerate our team, attempted to burn the boats to our history and he has turned us into an absolute laughing stock, so he doesn't deserve to be remembered as the bloke who tried his hardest.

Last edited:
Isn't Siebold's family in Sydney? Last I heard, he was still in Brisbane this morning before going bush with a school friend.

His friend probably got the name wrong, it was Antonius Seabowl, understandable confusion really.

How funny is this?

Sorry to be a debby downer but I don't find any of this funny. The media turning up to his daughters school is just the lowest of the low, and if I were your mate, I would have left Seibold sitting in my car, marched over to the media and told them to **** the hell off.

Sorry to be a debby downer but I don't find any of this funny. The media turning up to his daughters school is just the lowest of the low, and if I were your mate, I would have left Seibold sitting in my car, marched over to the media and told them to **** the hell off.

Just so you know, this story is extremely unlikely to be true.

Last edited:
Maybe the rugby league media are not working all hours, but I still insist that not all media are dogs.
Why ? Because it's a disrespect to all dog's, and you're a dog lover. Hence your avatar.

Why ? Because it's a disrespect to all dog's, and you're a dog lover. Hence your avatar.
Because my daughter works for one of the networks and she's just like the rest of us - trying her best to do the right thing and make our community that wee bit better.

Just so you know, this story is extremely unlikely to be true.
Really? I must be very gullible then because I believed every word of this story. It sounds pretty plausible to me. Mind you, the part about going for a drink might be a little far fetched. Call me "gullible" then.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Maroon4life
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • TimWhatley
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.