Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Because my daughter works for one of the networks and she's just like the rest of us - trying her best to do the right thing and make our community that wee bit better.

I meant no offence, I thought I was quite clearly meaning that ones that would stake out a person's kid's school and hound someone on the same day they have effectively been fired but perhaps I needed to be clearer.

Really? I must be very gullible then because I believed every word of this story. It sounds pretty plausible to me. Mind you, the part about going for a drink might be a little far fetched. Call me "gullible" then.

I think he is saying it is unlikely to be true as apparently Seibold was still in Brisbane yesterday which would make it difficult to be at his daughters school in Sydney.

Really? I must be very gullible then because I believed every word of this story. It sounds pretty plausible to me. Mind you, the part about going for a drink might be a little far fetched. Call me "gullible" then.

No I understand it, I believe there is no sarcasm in this post either.

Sorry to be a debby downer but I don't find any of this funny. The media turning up to his daughters school is just the lowest of the low, and if I were your mate, I would have left Seibold sitting in my car, marched over to the media and told them to **** the hell off.

Did you not read the last part of my post? I 100% agree with you on this. It's funny that my mate didn't know who he really was, not that the media turned up at his daughters school.

Isn't Siebold's family in Sydney? Last I heard, he was still in Brisbane this morning before going bush with a school friend.

I believe it was only his eldest daughter that remained in Sydney to study, rest of the family had moved to Brisbane.

Just so you know, this story is extremely unlikely to be true.

I completely understand your scepticism, but I have no reason to doubt my mate. He's not the type to BS. One of the most honest guys you'd ever meet.

I think he is saying it is unlikely to be true as apparently Seibold was still in Brisbane yesterday which would make it difficult to be at his daughters school in Sydney.

The school is in brisbane. Seibs has more than one daughter.

only his oldest daughter remained in Sydney to study.

his wife and 2 other duaghters relocated to Brisbane this year

I found two things very odd, Seeplod ' jumping in this guys car' and 'let's go get a beer'.

Maybe the rugby league media are not working all hours, but I still insist that not all media are dogs.
!00% right there mate..... some of them are *****.... excluding your daughter . Just read your other posts. No offence :facepalmwastaken:

Last edited:
Mind you, the part about going for a drink might be a little far fetched.

It may have just been a bit of a throw away line. Like a "thanks for helping me, we should have a beer one day" type of thing. And my mate's response was probably being just as polite. I honestly don't expect they will be catching up for a beer. The reference to the drink was more for the unknown reference my mate made to the rumours. Apparently Seibs gave him a bit of a weird look when he said it, and he had no idea why.

I found two things very odd, Seeplod ' jumping in this guys car' and 'let's go get a beer'.
If I've been fired and am in a city with no mates I'd probably jump at the chance to go and get a beer tbh.

Isn't Siebold's family in Sydney? Last I heard, he was still in Brisbane this morning before going bush with a school friend.
His family (except his eldest daughter) moved up here early this year.
Guess they'll be going back now.

Too young for you mate.

35h.gif

Last edited:
I did mean deserves the vitriol pertaining to his lack of coaching ability not the outside stuff. I thought that had been forgotten and we were just discussing his inability to be a coach. I did comment on the other stuff at the time it came out doubting its validity, although suspected there was an underlying amount of truth to some aspects of it which got blown out of proportion.

Posters were saying they couldn't believe people were sticking the boot in and others said he tried his best. Well he did eviscerate our team, attempted to burn the boats to our history and he has turned us into an absolute laughing stock, so he doesn't deserve to be remembered as the bloke who tried his hardest.
Thanks for clearing that up BG.
It hopefully also explains for you why you copped such a hammering.
Anyway, we can all agree that the Broncos are better off without Siebold, and we can get on with arguing amongst ourselves as to who should replace him LOL

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.