Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Yeah mate that was me and I was a right **** to everyone and a thin-skinned wanker on here for about 2 years when I first joined, a bit of a dick would be putting it mildly. People respond to you based on how you act and you can't expect it to change overnight but as I learnt if you stop being a **** people will stop treating you like that.
7 days ban!

I too had a 14 day ban. The offence? Relentlessly defending my claim that Danny Nutley should be picked to play front row for Qld! Condition of readmission was that I was banned from mentioning his name until the day he was picked to represent QLD.

Coxy then expanded on that by saying "and that day will never come when the sawn off runt is selected".

History shows Nuts should have been selected years before. He was sensational, tears streaming down his face, best forward on the park from either team.

My told you so moment was soooooo much better than bgoats !!! I didn't have to spruik about it, fellow posters did it for me!!! **** Coxy. Despot wanker.

no bans, just a couple of warnings (most of which were rescinded on appeal). :smoker:

that's why i voted 5 for all mods on the latest survey. lol

I too had a 14 day ban. The offence? Relentlessly defending my claim that Danny Nutley should be picked to play front row for Qld! Condition of readmission was that I was banned from mentioning his name until the day he was picked to represent QLD.

Coxy then expanded on that by saying "and that day will never come when the sawn off runt is selected".

History shows Nuts should have been selected years before. He was sensational, tears streaming down his face, best forward on the park from either team.

My told you so moment was soooooo much better than bgoats !!! I didn't have to spruik about it, fellow posters did it for me!!! **** Coxy. Despot wanker.
Mate you said yourself you 'hate to admit he was right' - so you did it for me too ;)

Mate you said yourself you 'hate to admit he was right' - so you did it for me too ;)
You were right, no doubt. Called it before anyone else. I do think you need to go right back through your posts and have a good hard look at them viewing them through your mums eyes. Would she be proud of her boy? If the honest answer is no then maybe tell the world.

The forum's opinion of you isn't important but it holds a mirror to us all and sometimes we don't like what we see. I know I've got it wrong in the past, evidenced by the 10 to 20 posters who've got me on ignore.

You were right, no doubt. Called it before anyone else. I do think you need to go right back through your posts and have a good hard look at them viewing them through your mums eyes. Would she be proud of her boy? If the honest answer is no then maybe tell the world.

The forum's opinion of you isn't important but it holds a mirror to us all and sometimes we don't like what we see. I know I've got it wrong in the past, evidenced by the 10 to 20 posters who've got me on ignore.
My mum thinks I'm ace.

As much as the vast majority of us are thrilled to see the back of Seibs, I do hope he is able to slowly work his way back into the NRL scene as an assistant coach. I would put money on the likelihood he ends up at the Knights as an assistant in the next year or 2. He and Adam O' Brien are very close buddies from their Storm days and I can see them teaming up for sure at Newcastle.

As much as the vast majority of us are thrilled to see the back of Seibs, I do hope he is able to slowly work his way back into the NRL scene as an assistant coach. I would put money on the likelihood he ends up at the Knights as an assistant in the next year or 2. He and Adam O' Brien are very close buddies from their Storm days and I can see them teaming up for sure at Newcastle.
Would love to see Anthony do well. A lot of factors in his failings here are not in any way his fault.

Posters were saying they couldn't believe people were sticking the boot in and others said he tried his best. Well he did eviscerate our team, attempted to burn the boats to our history and he has turned us into an absolute laughing stock, so he doesn't deserve to be remembered as the bloke who tried his hardest.
It honestly strikes me as so odd that you seemingly never learned to have the life skills to be able to see things as anything other than absolutely black or absolutely white.

How is it that you as a grown adult can still struggle so badly to wrap your head around the concept that Seibold was BOTH shit at his job but also that he had the best intentions and very likely gave it the best shot he could? It isn’t like those two things are mutually exclusive or there is some unbreakable law of the universe where both those things can’t be true at the same time. It’s actually quite childlike to not understand the difference.

I play quite a bit of cricket and have done for a number of years. Cricket is a big part of my life. Let’s imagine for a moment Justin Langer picks up the phone tomorrow morning and let’s me know I’ll be opening the batting for Australia this coming Boxing Day. I could probably spend every waking moment between now and December 26 in the nets, getting better Coaching and working relentlessly on my game and even after all that, the best I can probably hope for is edging a loose ball through the slips cordon before I’m inevitably sent packing back to the pavilion.

Objectively, no one could question that I had the best of intentions. No one could question that I made every effort possible to be successful, but ultimately I was just not qualified, not good enough and shouldn’t have been entrusted with the job. I didn’t let anyone down through indifference or a desire to make things worse, I just wasn’t up to the task even trying my very best. It is absolutely possible for both those things to be true at the same time.

If you can’t honestly grasp that the same applies in Seibold’s case at the Broncos, then I do honestly feel sorry for you that you were never taught those sort of critical thinking skills at some point.

Last edited:
It honestly strikes me as so odd that you seemingly never learned to have the life skills to be able to see things as anything other than absolutely black or absolutely white.

How is it that you as a grown adult can still struggle so badly to wrap your head around the concept that Seibold was BOTH shit at his job but also that he had the best intentions and very likely gave it the best shot he could? It isn’t like those two things are mutually exclusive or there is some unbreakable law of the universe where both those things can’t be true at the same time. It’s actually quite childlike to not understand the difference.

I play quite a bit of cricket and have done for a number of years. Cricket is a big part of my life. Let’s imagine for a moment Justin Langer picks up the phone tomorrow morning and let’s me know I’ll be opening the batting for Australia this coming Boxing Day. I could probably spend every waking moment between now and December 26 in the nets, getting better Coaching and working relentlessly on my game and even after all that, the best I can probably hope for is edging a loose ball through the slips cordon before I’m inevitably sent packing back to the pavilion.

Objectively, no one could question that I had the best of intentions. No one could question that I made every effort possible to be successful, but ultimately I was just not qualified, not good enough and shouldn’t have been entrusted with the job. I didn’t let anyone down through indifference or a desire to make things worse, I just wasn’t up to the task even trying my very best. It is absolutely possible for both those things to be true at the same time.

If you can’t honestly grasp that the same applies in Seibold’s case at the Broncos, then I do honestly feel sorry for you that you were never taught those sort of critical thinking skills at some point.
And more to the point, the person who tries valiantly and fails (even fails miserably) does not deserve derision and vitriol particularly when they are at their personal lowest ebb.

Last edited:

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.