Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

It honestly strikes me as so odd that you seemingly never learned to have the life skills to be able to see things as anything other than absolutely black or absolutely white.

How is it that you as a grown adult can still struggle so badly to wrap your head around the concept that Seibold was BOTH shit at his job but also that he had the best intentions and very likely gave it the best shot he could? It isn’t like those two things are mutually exclusive or there is some unbreakable law of the universe where both those things can’t be true at the same time. It’s actually quite childlike to not understand the difference.

I play quite a bit of cricket and have done for a number of years. Cricket is a big part of my life. Let’s imagine for a moment Justin Langer picks up the phone tomorrow morning and let’s me know I’ll be opening the batting for Australia this coming Boxing Day. I could probably spend every waking moment between now and December 26 in the nets, getting better Coaching and working relentlessly on my game and even after all that, the best I can probably hope for is edging a loose ball through the slips cordon before I’m inevitably sent packing back to the pavilion.

Objectively, no one could question that I had the best of intentions. No one could question that I made every effort possible to be successful, but ultimately I was just not qualified, not good enough and shouldn’t have been entrusted with the job. I didn’t let anyone down through indifference or a desire to make things worse, I just wasn’t up to the task even trying my very best. It is absolutely possible for both those things to be true at the same time.

If you can’t honestly grasp that the same applies in Seibold’s case at the Broncos, then I do honestly feel sorry for you that you were never taught those sort of critical thinking skills at some point.
I understand he tried, I’m just not going to give him a participation medal and a pat on the back on the way out, because him trying was an abject failure.

Trying your best doesn’t normally earn you any accolades and the bloke has stiffed us for 2.5 million, gutted our team, left us immeasurably worse than when he took over and cost us our best prospect and likely another one all while winning 35% of games in a 20 month period.

He deserves to be criticised, and heavily for the job he did. It’s unfortunate timing with his personal problems but everyone has problems bro.

Last edited:
It honestly strikes me as so odd that you seemingly never learned to have the life skills to be able to see things as anything other than absolutely black or absolutely white.

How is it that you as a grown adult can still struggle so badly to wrap your head around the concept that Seibold was BOTH shit at his job but also that he had the best intentions and very likely gave it the best shot he could? It isn’t like those two things are mutually exclusive or there is some unbreakable law of the universe where both those things can’t be true at the same time. It’s actually quite childlike to not understand the difference.

I play quite a bit of cricket and have done for a number of years. Cricket is a big part of my life. Let’s imagine for a moment Justin Langer picks up the phone tomorrow morning and let’s me know I’ll be opening the batting for Australia this coming Boxing Day. I could probably spend every waking moment between now and December 26 in the nets, getting better Coaching and working relentlessly on my game and even after all that, the best I can probably hope for is edging a loose ball through the slips cordon before I’m inevitably sent packing back to the pavilion.

Objectively, no one could question that I had the best of intentions. No one could question that I made every effort possible to be successful, but ultimately I was just not qualified, not good enough and shouldn’t have been entrusted with the job. I didn’t let anyone down through indifference or a desire to make things worse, I just wasn’t up to the task even trying my very best. It is absolutely possible for both those things to be true at the same time.

If you can’t honestly grasp that the same applies in Seibold’s case at the Broncos, then I do honestly feel sorry for you that you were never taught those sort of critical thinking skills at some point.
Nice post. You and I are certainly different though. If that was me, regardless of how good I currently was I'd go to bed every night picturing myself putting together a solid slow fifty which included me taking at least three full paced blows to the body. Everyone would praise my courage readily acknowledging my limited ability but describing me as a true aussie battler. That's exactly what I'd picture every single night. **** failure, it wouldn't get a second credit from me.

The rest of the post, choice.

giphy.gif

Nice post. You and I are certainly different though. If that was me, regardless of how good I currently was I'd go to bed every night picturing myself putting together a solid slow fifty which included me taking at least three full paced blows to the body. Everyone would praise my courage readily acknowledging my limited ability but describing me as a true aussie battler. That's exactly what I'd picture every single night. **** failure, it wouldn't get a second credit from me.

The rest of the post, choice.

I normally go to bed most nights imagining myself batting too, but it's my mrs taking most of the blows to the body.

I understand he tried, I’m just not going to give him a participation medal and a pat on the back on the way out, because him trying was an abject failure.

Trying your best doesn’t normally earn you any accolades and the bloke has stiffed us for 2.5 million, gutted our team, left us immeasurably worse than when he took over and cost us our best prospect and likely another one all while winning 35% of games in a 20 month period.

He deserves to be criticised, and heavily for the job he did. It’s unfortunate timing with his personal problems but everyone has problems bro.

Posters have differing opinions, jezuz why are others trying to mould us into thinking like them.

Whoever you are, a 15th place finish deserves no sympathy?
Topping it off would be sacking the 'blame-Covid' CEO who is oblivious to our struggles.

Posters have differing opinions, jezuz why are others trying to mould us into thinking like them.

Whoever you are, a 15th place finish deserves no sympathy?
Topping it off would be sacking the 'blame-Covid' CEO who is oblivious to our struggles.

It is all PR spin my man. I sure hope the don't believe what they are saying bu then again, who knows with this board.

I too had a 14 day ban. The offence? Relentlessly defending my claim that Danny Nutley should be picked to play front row for Qld! Condition of readmission was that I was banned from mentioning his name until the day he was picked to represent QLD.

Coxy then expanded on that by saying "and that day will never come when the sawn off runt is selected".

History shows Nuts should have been selected years before. He was sensational, tears streaming down his face, best forward on the park from either team.

My told you so moment was soooooo much better than bgoats !!! I didn't have to spruik about it, fellow posters did it for me!!! **** Coxy. Despot wanker.
Sounds like you spent more time out for being correct about Nutley than @Unbreakable did for being incorrect about Jarrod Wallace

Apparently "The Broncos will miss the 2020 NRL finals for the first time in the club's history".

I don't think we've ever missed the 2020 NRL finals before, it just keeps getting worse.

Apparently "The Broncos will miss the 2020 NRL finals for the first time in the club's history".

I don't think we've ever missed the 2020 NRL finals before, it just keeps getting worse.

I would have thought the spoon was more concerning then missing the finals.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but there are whispers going around that Seibold could land at the Dragons as an assistant.

Make of that what you will.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but there are whispers going around that Seibold could land at the Dragons as an assistant.

Make of that what you will.

Griffin gets sacked mid season in his second year and Harvard head coach seibs is back baby! Get your boom boxes ready

Well this resignation has scared the shit out of the Titans, they've quickly extended Holbrook until 2024. The TItans are hilarious.
Yes, everyone is laughing at them for signing him based on his performance. Crazy fucksters those Titans. What a stupid idea. They didn't even make the finals this year. What were they thinking!

Could you imagine the response from both the media and our fans if we gave a 3 year extension to a coach that had won just 4 of 15 games. (this give Holbrook another 4 years at the Titans)

did they not learn from our mistake
Apparently not. He's only won 9 of 20. Shocking.

Apparently not. He's only won 9 of 20. Shocking.
In 2018, if someone told you the titans would win 3x as many games as we would in 20.... how hard would you have laughed

In 2018, if someone told you the titans would win 3x as many games as we would in 20.... how hard would you have laughed
True, I wouldn't have believed it. If a few things fall well for them next year and they get a share of the luck they could make a showing in the eight. The first test will be adversity in the opening rounds and whether or not the lesser paid forwards will put in. It's going to be tough on Fifita no doubt.

Now I have two teams I'm interested in, double the fun.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.