RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Just a thought. I wonder did the players know this a week ago. Hence the improved performance?

TBF a coach taking over immediately doesn’t mean they have to be there in person immediately. There’s a lot a coach can oversee before actually rocking up to training.
Like how kevvie dropped Croft last week

True . How long since Kevvie has been on fox. Seibs has been away for 2 weeks so it's possible they are further down the track than we are aware and kevvie has been isolating and waiting to take over.
Its seems unlikely they could keep this under wraps the way red hill leaks but possible.

Caveat.... I have no idea how long ago kevvie was last seen on fox.
I'm sure I heard his dulcet tones at the beginning of the round doing commentary, and if I remember correctly I recall remarking to my wife that he sounded overly enthusiastic and unusually happy when speaking. We both agreed that he might know something that we don't in regards to the Broncos situation.

Deadset, go back and listen to his comments on the Titans game he was jumping out of his skin. He usually is quite reserved and measured when commenting on a game but always able to come across as a bit of a joker but on the weekend he sounded like he was high on adrenaline.

Last edited:
Green has the runs on the board. 2 premierships in first 2 seasons at Wynum . Premiership with Cowboys and grand final 2 years later. Struggled post Thurston. Kevvie would have to be behind Green if you are considering previous achievements.

How are you so sure? Background in contact law ? I’m not. I’m only sharing what I’ve been told - nothing more.
Without knowing what clauses are in his contract it's impossible to comment, but he could argue a case for unfair dismissal and seek damages above his payout. It's reasonably forseeable his sacking under these circumstances could render him unemployable. I would think lawyers at high noon at this point.

I can't help but think they'll go with whoever is most likely to convince Cameron Smith to sign with us for next year, which is why this is all coming to a head suddenly.

Green has the runs on the board. 2 premierships in first 2 seasons at Wynum . Premiership with Cowboys and grand final 2 years later. Struggled post Thurston. Kevvie would have to be behind Green if you are considering previous achievements.
True that Green has runs on the board after his experiences as a first grade coach.

But....

... if you were looking to bring back the Broncos culture it would be hard to pick Green over Walters.

For mine, if they go with Walters, it all depends on who they get as his assistant.

Kevvie as head coach, Kearney, Hook, Hodgo, Parker and Civo as assistants. Webcke and Ryan as consultants and CS9 announcing at the end of the week that he'll play one more year, but at the Broncos. It's shaping up to be a great week guys.

The schadenfreude felt for Fifita moving down to the Titans must be palpable by now.

Kevvie as head coach, Kearney, Hook, Hodgo, Parker and Civo as assistants. Webcke and Ryan as consultants and CS9 announcing at the end of the week that he'll play one more year, but at the Broncos. It's shaping up to be a great week guys.

The schadenfreude felt for Fifita moving down to the Titans must be palpable by now.
WB back as director? For Brisbane. Still cannot see CS9 continuing. Assistant coach at Titans seems right.

He looks good on paper, but I still don’t rate his NRL achievements.

Premiership came from nothing he did, finals and finishes after that came from Michael Morgan running through everyone.

He became a meme amongst Cows fans for his unwillingness to change the team that wasn’t performing.

I can't help but think they'll go with whoever is most likely to convince Cameron Smith to sign with us for next year, which is why this is all coming to a head suddenly.
I bet Channel Nine is trying to sign him as a commentator. That's our biggest competitor.

Last edited:
I assume the timing of this announcement is because even our inept board can add up, and now realise no finals football this year (thinking money lost here through sponsorship clause about missing finals etc...nothing to do about how the fans feel about finishing last of course..)

They have painted Piehold into a corner now; sure you can come back to work but....imagine every press conference from that day forward....how on earth does anyone spin this news into something positive for themselves....

Under any other circumstances, a new head coach here would have to possess a strong history of success at this level, and that will almost always push Kevin down a tier or 2...

But these aren't normal circumstances....

I sense this is less about simply making finals and actually repairing the enormous self inflicted hole ripped into the fabric of the club

And I have to be honest I don't know if Kevin can actually fix it..?

but if he walks, he needs to be the FIRST domino to fall...not the only....

Fox sports reporting Cam Smith wants to play on in 2021 and “it won’t be at Melbourne”.
Get it fucking done Brisbane, I don’t care how, boats, houses, cars whatever, just make sure it happens!!

Last edited:
Spare a thought for Peter Gentle in all this. No mention of what contract he's on. He's almost certain to get the flick as well, though maybe not until the end of the season. I hope he can put some wins together as caretaker coach for his CV.

Interesting that the Storm have given Smith a week to make up his mind about his future

Spare a thought for Peter Gentle in all this. No mention of what contract he's on. He's almost certain to get the flick as well, though maybe not until the end of the season. I hope he can put some wins together as caretaker coach for his CV.
From all reports he doesn’t want to be a head coach. The bloke seems to be a decent fella. Maybe Kevvie could use him somehow as an assistant. Or he may pick up an assistant role at one of the other clubs who will have a new head coach in 2021.

yeh, seems a genuine football man does Gentle; I hope he can do as you've suggested but.....tough order with the line up he has to work with...

So any idea on when this will supposedly go down?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • The True King
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.