Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I mostly agree with who Mal selected, only differences I would have is Oates instead of Radradra and Jennings instead of Dugan.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I mostly agree with who Mal selected, only differences I would have is Oates instead of Radradra and Jennings instead of Dugan.

see I don't have a problem with him selecting Radradra ... he has made himself available for Australia and is the best winger in the comp IMO.

IMO it is no different to him selecting Tamou for Australia or Inglis for QLD

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
see I don't have a problem with him selecting Radradra ... he has made himself available for Australia and is the best winger in the comp IMO.

IMO it is no different to him selecting Tamou for Australia or Inglis for QLD

I'll never support it, because it's setting a dangerous precedent. Within a few years we may have quite literally 0 quality NRL players in any sides apart from Australia, NZ & England.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mixed feelings.

I can't blame Semi Radradra for his decision. Fact is, career-wise he's probably added hundreds of thousands to his value and has a chance to reach more career milestones. However, the fact he was able to convert this quickly is a joke and I think it's sad that the ARL has robbed a player like Corey Oates or Josh Mansour the opportunity to represent their country. The RLIF needs to provide star players like Semi more perks so they don't feel compelled to switch at the first opportunity.

I also can't get that image of Duges/Ferguson sipping alcohol on a recovery day out of my head. Dumb and dumber as the Australian right fringe combination...

But then I'm glad Darius Boyd is at fullback and that Matt Gillett has been selected as a starter...

If only Oates and McGuire were given their due as well.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah I don't know that I can cheer on the Australian team any more, it's not really Australian. It's basically the World team minus ENG and NZ players. The International game will forever remain a joke as long as players like Radrara are selected for Australia. Second tier nations will never be able to field a competitive team as long as the best players are not playing for their country.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm disgusted. Most people will think I'm over the top about this but I think it is such a farce.

The fact that the rules allow it and the fact that Mal would do it.

I have lost all respect for Meninga and I simply can't bring myself to cheer for Australia, I also can't bring myself to cheer for any other country - so international footy now means nothing to me. Ironic really, seeing it also means nothing to Mal or the rest of the set up.

I hope Meninga's stint is a short one.

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Problems I have with the team

Can't believe that Ferguson was picked. I love watching him play and I think he is an awesome player when in form but he clearly hasn't been performing at his best there have been some glimpses here and there but Oates, Boyd or Mansour would've been better. At least on the wing he won't have to defend that much. Radradra on the other hand just makes a mockery of what the Kangaroos is about I don't care that he fits the eligibility. Tedesco should've been fullback, just play him at the back and put Boyd on the wing where he excels at representative level. Dugan is a fullback not a centre, should've gone with Jennings, he never plays badly for NSW or Australia.

Gallen should be starting with Scott and Thaiday doesn't deserve his spot, they should've put Bird at second row to partner Gillett.

Though I do like that Gillett has been rewarded for his great start to the season and he deserves his spot and it's great to see Morgan get a test debut (all the best Michael).

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Is this team 100% confirmed or is this just hearsay from the CM?

Because I'm still trying to wrap my head around Ferguson's selection.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Let's hope just hearsay cos that team is a little disappointing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
McGuire is in!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Boyd
2. Radradra
3. Inglis
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Gallen
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Morgan
16. Tamou
17. Thaiday

18. Guerra
19. Jennings

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Well done to McGuire he deserves a crack at the highest level. At least Gallen is starting that would've been bullshit if he wasn't. Thiaday still is very fortunate to be there. Still can't understand why Ferguson is there and Radradra shouldn't be playing. Jennings should be centre.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That's a way better team than the CM's "leaked" version.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I hope the kiwis run riot on Dugan and fergo's side of the field.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
stoked to see the moose get a run
he has been in brilliant form since his comeback from injury

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well deserved Josh McGuire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bronx48
  • Sproj
  • Behold
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • john1420
  • Justwin
  • johnyE
  • Santa
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.