Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I think people need to remember the circumstances of Australia's last loss. Half of the normal 17 was injured. And Mr Sheens picked precisely 2 props in the entire squad. We were never going to win it. IMO we need to forget most of that series and consider the 2013 reps as the "incumbents".

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Freddy's team

12993562_825952047537508_5161145488199695246_n.jpg

Looking at that team I can't help but think that Ferguson is just there because he is a Rooster.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Why is Radradra being considered? I thought he's been deemed ineligible?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought the two were tied.

Nope.

They changed the rules remember?

To play for NSW or Queensland you either have to be born in either state or lived in either state before the age of 13.

He doesn't tick either box.

International eligibility is different.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Nope.

They changed the rules remember?

To play for NSW or Queensland you either have to be born in either state or lived in either state before the age of 13.

He doesn't tick either box.

International eligibility is different.

How does he qualify for Australia? Is the age cutoff higher?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Residency.

If you live in a country for three years, you can elect to represent them.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Residency.

If you live in a country for three years, you can elect to represent them.

3 years? I never knew it was so little time. Is it out of courtesy to more legit countrymen that England don't pick half a team of Aussie ex-pats? Australia could pick two thirds of the Kiwi team should they choose to defect. As well as half the England forward pack.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
3 years? I never knew it was so little time. Is it out of courtesy to more legit countrymen that England don't pick half a team of Aussie ex-pats? Australia could pick two thirds of the Kiwi team should they choose to defect. As well as half the England forward pack.

AFAIK there are different rules in place about switching between top tier nations - once you've played (or even declared yourself available?) for Aus/NZ/England you can't switch to another top tier one. So Blair or Widdop would never be able to play for Australia and Ryan Hoffman could never play for New Zealand, nor could Gids captain England from the bench.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Freddy's team

12993562_825952047537508_5161145488199695246_n.jpg

Looking at that team I can't help but think that Ferguson is just there because he is a Rooster.

he loses credibility by naming Klemmer and Cartwright in the team over McGuire who is the form front rower of the comp

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
he loses credibility by naming Klemmer and Cartwright in the team over McGuire who is the form front rower of the comp

Say what you will about Klemmer (I hate the bastard as well) but he is a fucking weapon off the bench. He is everything you need in a bench player. Aggressive, more than capable of making massive metres and can get those quick play the balls which have a flow on effect in attack.
Cartwright is completely left field. If he replaces him with McGuire then I'm ok with that team for the forwards. Meningas an idiot if he picks Dugan at centre. Jennings has to be picked

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
I am in complete agreement with Big Pete's sentiments from earlier - a champion team beats a team of champions everyday of the week. Mal knows that unlike Sheens who picked the flavour of the month. I would be very surprised if the likes of Cartwright, Milford, Roberts, Oates and Teddy were named and don't think they should be until they have proven themselves in origin. Restoring a strong culture where players have to earn their jerseys over a number of seasons is important and something Mal has proved himself to be adept at.

Klemmar definitely is a weapon but ideally I'd like to see some more maturity from him before he's selected, he's improving but still has too many penalties in him for me.

There's no denying Dugan's skill - he has one of the form running games in the competition but I don't like picking players out of position.... He got found out defensively at centre this year, likewise when playing for Australia out of position. If anything id prefer him on the wing, solid under the high ball and kick returns have been second to none this season.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
According to Brent Read - Semi Radradra will be selected on the wing and Paul Gallen will be selected at prop.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
According to Brent Read - Semi Radradra will be selected on the wing and Paul Gallen will be selected at prop.
I think Gallen at prop is the right call. Parker at 13. Playing either off the bench fails to take advantage of their ability to punch out big minutes.

I really don't know what to make of Semi's eligibility. On one hand, if he identifies as Australian and has a genuine desire to represent his adopted country, that's his prerogative.

That said, he's barely within the eligibility criteria, and I feel we're robbing Fiji of a genuine star. It strengthens our side but weakens the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.