vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrid team selected my Meninga and the selectors. I might go fishing on the Friday night of this match instead of watching. Ferguson has been ordinary this year and so has Guerra. Not sure why Thaiday is there TBH. I can't agree with the Radradra situation either.

That attitude is nearly the same as the cockroaches had when Wally was captain

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I don't care though? I never pretended to be passionate about IRL, because I think it's a huge joke where the Australian team gets all the advantages.

Mixed feelings.

I can't blame Semi Radradra for his decision. Fact is, career-wise he's probably added hundreds of thousands to his value and has a chance to reach more career milestones. However, the fact he was able to convert this quickly is a joke and I think it's sad that the ARL has robbed a player like Corey Oates or Josh Mansour the opportunity to represent their country. The RLIF needs to provide star players like Semi more perks so they don't feel compelled to switch at the first opportunity.

This situation is exactly how SoO started. A much stronger NSW taking Qlds good players and using them against us. I would have thought Mal might be more sensitive to doing the same to developing nations.

Last edited:
Also Tedesco has been made to look a lot better and more involved by the king of overhyping things, Andrew Voss.

Would Coote be as good as Tedesco at the Tigers? Maybe, but unlikely imo.

Would Tedesco be as good as Coote at the Cows? Quite possibly better imo, although he has different strings to his bow.

Those two and Boyd are definitely the form fullbacks of the comp, and given Boyd is incumbent, they will have to wait their turn.

But Boyd isn't incumbent, Inglis is.

= not incumbent?
He didn't play the 2014 Four Nations after being through rehab and not playing for the Knights for most of that season, and he missed the 2015 Anzac Test through injury.

In my view, that doesn't take away incumbency. It's not like he was dropped for someone else.

QUEENSLAND Rugby League chairman Peter Betros fears for the future of Test football after lashing the selection of Fijian defector Semi Radradra in Mal Meninga’s first Australian team.

Betros yesterday expressed his disappointment in Radradra’s selection, saying his Test defection has denied a true-blue Australian, such as Broncos young gun Corey Oates, a green-and-gold jumper.

Oates and Radradra were vying for the left-wing berth but Australia’s selectors opted for the Eels hulk – just 25 days after he renounced his ties to the Fijian rugby league.

In a major farce for the code’s eligibility rules, Radradra will travel to England on a Fijian passport should he be picked for Australia’s Four Nations campaign in October.

Meninga insists he did not pressure Radradra to pledge his allegiance to Australia, but Betros is adamant the Fijian flyer should not have been considered in the first place.

“I’m not a Test selector but Semi Radradra should not be picked,” Betros said.

“He would be a great player for Fiji and I’m disappointed he doesn’t want to play for Fiji.

“I can understand his selection for Australia, he is in fantastic form and he’ll be a great asset to the side. But he’s a Fijian and should be playing for Fiji.

“I am disappointed for the international game that he won’t be able to play for Fiji.

“I have nothing against him personally, he’s a fantastic player, but there are plenty of genuine Australian wingers around.

“I’m concerned for the future of the international game. The ARL Commission has been very vocal about helping the international game and I know Mal is a strong supporter of the smaller nations, so I don’t see why Semi had to be picked.

“There are a number of wingers available, Corey Oates was in fantastic form and there’s a number of left-side wingers who were available as well.

“The (Australian) selectors didn’t have to pick Semi.”

Betros found an ally yesterday in Rick Stone, the former Fiji coach who blooded Radradra for the Bati at the 2013 World Cup.

While he can understand the financial attractions of playing for the Kangaroos, Stone said the loss of Radradra to Fiji’s squad is a crushing blow for the international game.

“Everyone would like to be earning more money playing for minnow nations,” Stone said.

“In this instance, there is an Aussie-born kid who has missed out, but under the rules Semi has qualified for the Kangaroos so you can’t begrudged him that opportunity.

“I’m sure Semi is really torn with not being able to play for Fiji because I know he loves playing for his homeland.

“But it is to the detriment of international football. If we are going to be fair dinkum about growing the game globally in the Pacific Islands, we need guys like Semi to be playing for Fiji.”

Meninga yesterday hit back at critics of Radradra’s rise to the Kangaroos.

“Let’s move on. He’s going to do Australia proud,” he said.

“He’s eligible to play for Australia and is the best winger in the competition.

“He’s got a passion (for Australia). He’s lived here for three years.

“I didn’t coerce him. I’m coaching the Kangaroos. He deserves to be in the team and I’m looking forward to coaching him.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fe90b9250d48ea0ab7165a910#load-story-comments

People like Meninga always are wondering why the international game is criticised and he talks about his passion for the international game yet he goes for a Fijian who never played in Australia till he was 20 who never played in an Australian system and doesnt qualify for either NSW or QLD over Australian made talent. It just makes him look like a hypocrite.

That's what gets me. Meninga actually goes on about how he loves internationals and wants the game to grow internationally and then goes and does this.

when is the kiwis team going to be announced?

Why is it on Mal though? Blame the system - he has to pick the best available to win the match.

Why is it on Mal though? Blame the system - he has to pick the best available to win the match.
He is in a prime position to make a stand though... It's not like he didn't have other options to choose from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Porthoz
  • MasterWright
  • Fatboy
  • lynx000
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Ozired
  • Spooky1013
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.