Aussie Tour Of Seth Effrika.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Beads6 said:
McGain is gone if he evers plays for Australia again it is a massive joke. Also every spinner the Aussies have blooded lately has been getting belted because they have no reputation and no reason to be feared. Wareny got batsmen out before he even bowled to them, Hauritz and co aren't intimidating and don't sledge at all.

But Warne got belted too when he started and the Indians he played first up in test cricket certainly didn't fear him. Chappell had some good points this morning on WWOS, that McGain first got to bowl when Prince was 80 odd not out and the guy at the other end was settled in on a wicket which wasn't doing much of anything. Ponting bowled McDonald for a long time before even throwing McGain the ball, McDonald is picked as an allrounder and McGain is supposed to be there as a frontline bowler. This guy might not be the answer but until Ponting/Hilditch/Neilsen give a guy a few tests and some opportunities at the right moments of a test match we will have a bunch of one or two test spinners sitting on the scrap heap.

I agree Ponting doesn't know how to use spinners. I think Ponting has more confidence in pace bowlers I remember when Hogg was struggling to play one day cricket for Australia because Ponting wanted 5 pace bowlers..

Beads6 said:
I agree Ponting doesn't know how to use spinners. I think Ponting has more confidence in pace bowlers I remember when Hogg was struggling to play one day cricket for Australia because Ponting wanted 5 pace bowlers..

Completely agree mate. Ponting and his lack of using Katich who is in his own right a very handy spinner further shows his lack of confidence in letting a spinner have a go. They should dump Krejza in there for a series and give him the ball once a few wickets tumble, he is the best wicket taker of the spinning candidates and the only way we will see another Warne (or even a half decent spinner) is if you give them a bowl when the odds are in there favour.

As a spinner if you are decent you will be able to get the set batsmen out but whilst the spinner is still relatively green they should come on as soon as a wicket or 2 fall.

Looking odds on to suffer our first defeat by an innings for over a decade. On a positive note, Ronald has not only managed to rack up double figures, but he's into the 20s now. Somebody stop him!

Saffers win by an innings and 20 runs.

Mitchell Johnson got his century at last though, well deserved! 123 n.o.

The ease with which Johnson scores runs makes a mockery of the "recognised batsmen" in our team. Hussey, Clarke, Ponting...fucking jokes.

All the batsmen who got out to Paul Harris should jump off Table Mountain. How anyone can get out to that nuffie is beyond me

So Australia has 9 nuffies? :P

Harris has 71 test wickets in 24 Tests. Not too bad for a left armer.

Harris is quite a decent spinner IMO although I think the Aussie batsmen should attack him alot more much like the opposition has done to our spinners..

How good is Johnson by the way he must have sore shoulders he has been carrying the side for months now.

Well now that Johnson has confirmed that he is indeed a good option for the all rounder spot, it makes sense to replace Ronald with either Clark or Lee

Great to see Mitchy get a 100 and the recognition of his batting that he has deserved. Gone are the days where he used to bat no.11 for QLD haha

What a f'ing spanking! 141 run win and Huss finally gets some runs.

Amazing that so far this tour, the team's fortunes have been the opposite but followed the same pattern. On that note the Saffas should get up in the next game.

Finally the Aussies play a spinner and they reap rewards... Well done to Hauritz getting 4/29 well played Australia. I think Clarkey needs a break he has looked off the last few weeks.

Just on a side note, the Hit n Giggle World Cup squad has been announced. All 30 of them:

Nathan Bracken
Michael Clarke
Callum Ferguson
Brett Geeves
Brad Haddin
Ryan Harris
Shane Harwood
Nathan Hauritz
Aaron Heal
Moises Henriques
Ben Hilfenhaus
Brad Hodge
James Hopes
David Hussey
Michael Hussey
Mitchell Johnson
Jason Krejza
Ben Laughlin
Brett Lee
Graham Manou
Shaun Marsh
Ricky Ponting
Rob Quiney
Peter Siddle
Andrew Symonds
Shaun Tait
Adam Voges
David Warner
Shane Watson
Cameron White

We are 5/25 at the moment at Centurion, need a crazy partnership from Hopes and Ferguson here.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.