Australia vs India Discussion

Our quicks need to go on a head hunting mission to try unsettle these bastards, what happened to the fire of this bowling side

I think this is part of the problem. After the first hour went pretty average what did Australia resort to? Short.

I saw a stat today at the SCG- Starc has bowled 142 balls in the first 10 overs this summer 13 would have hit the stumps.

So new ball and no chance of leg before or bowled.

Old ball.

Before today Australia 6 wicket at 46 after the 41st over.

India 15 wickets at 22 after the 41st over.

So we are wasting the new ball and doing nothing with the old ball.

Bouncing guys isn’t going to work. They’re too good, it’s an old school tactic against India.

Last edited:
It's so ridiculous looking back at the stats of some of the guys who either didn't get a test or get very few tests back in those days, we would KILL for any of these guys right now -

Michael Beaven - FC avg 57.32 - 81x 50's & 68x 100's - HS 216
David Hussey - FC avg 52.50 - 65x 50's & 45x 100's - HS 275
Stuart Law - FC avg 50.52 - 128x 50's & 79x 100's - HS 263
Martin Love - FC avg 49.85 - 78x 50's & 45x 100's - HS 300*
Brad Hodge - FC avg 48.81 - 64x 50's & 51x 100's - HS 302*
Chris Rogers - FC avg 49.55 - 122x 50's & 76x 100's - HS 319
Phil Jaques - FC avg 48.29 - 76x 50's - 44x 100's - HS 244

Just to name a few, there's probably 20-30 other guys from that generation who would stroll in to this side.

Some of those guys when you just take their SS runs and leave County out it doesn't change a lot.

Bevan- 10,621 runs at 60 for NSW, SA and Tas.
Hodge- 10, 474 runs at 45 for Victoria
Law 9034 runs at 45 for Qld.
Love 10,132 at 45 for Qld.
Rogers 9917 at 49 for WA and Vic.
Hussey 7,476 runs at 45 for Vic.

Bevan goes up, but he could never say he wasn't given a fair go, he was exposed with the short ball every time and they couldn't pick him anymore.

You have to go all the way down to number 17 on the most Shield runs (Bradman 62 games8926 runs) to find a player that didn't play mid-late 80-90's.

Expected ODI batting line-up according to Ben Horne -

1. Finch
2. Khawaja
3. S.Marsh
4. Handscomb
5. Maxwell
6. Stoinis
7. Carey

Bowling line-up is unknown, but Starc, Hazlewood & Cummins are all being rested.

I imagine 8-11 something from:

Agar/Zampa
Richardson/Richardson//Neser/NCN/Tye/Pattinson

Lyon finally in the side, amazing that our best spinner by a country mile was rarely picked for ODI's.

Best ODI side we've picked in yonks even without Warner, Smith, Starc, Hazlewood & Cummins.

Last edited:
I can’t see the tweet, what’s the side?

I can’t see the tweet, what’s the side?

Finch, Khawaja, S.Marsh, Handscomb, Maxwell, Stoinis, M.Marsh, Carey, Richardson, Stanlake, Behrendorff, Siddle, Lyon, Zampa.

Love that Behrendorff is in there. Seriously quality bowler. Hopefully he can stay injury free.

Surely this is rock bottom.

Anyone remember the series against India back in like 2004 or 5 where Dravid and Laxman put on like a 300+ run partnership, and ended up on 700+ runs for the innings? That was more enjoyable because we still had a team that you knew could try to fight back (though I think we might have lost that series? I think we might have been missing Warne or McGrath).

Anyone remember the series against India back in like 2004 or 5 where Dravid and Laxman put on like a 300+ run partnership, and ended up on 700+ runs for the innings? That was more enjoyable because we still had a team that you knew could try to fight back (though I think we might have lost that series? I think we might have been missing Warne or McGrath).

It was before my clear cricket memories, but they were talking about that match on Channel 7 today. Tendulkar made 241no, and Brett Lee took 4/201 or something stupid. Apparently he was really keen not to take the 5th wicket and go up on the honour board with a double century next to his name.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Painin the Haas
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.