Australia vs India Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Unbreakable, Nov 14, 2018.

Actually you appear to be the one fabricating.

October 2nd -

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mat...irst-test-australia-pakistan-dubai/2018-10-02

Australia are cautiously monitoring Matthew Renshaw but remain hopeful he’s on track to feature in the first Test against Pakistan following his nasty head knock in the ongoing tour match in Dubai.
    Renshaw was substituted out of the four-day clash against Pakistan A after copping a powerful blow to the helmet from point-blank range while fielding at short leg on Sunday.

October 3rd -

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/labuschagne-test-chance-after-renshaw-blow

"Matt Renshaw's injury has put a bit of a spanner in the works," Langer said.
    "(He) is physically fine. The problem is he hasn't played much cricket.
    "It's going to be a really instinct call. To weigh up what he's done in the past, he's obviously a very good young player."

1. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

So he was knocked out?
    Langer says he was injured?

Right so what I said.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. None of what you said is correct, and now your ego is once again rendering you unable to admit you were wrong. Langer said he was available for selection and overlooked him due to lack of time out in the middle, not because of any prior concussion.

Allo likes this.
  3. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Not at all, I am saying the author's reasons and obvious agenda to paint CA as some crazy old man picking on people led him to write emotive rubbish. The Maxwell argument has some merit but he should have just left Renshaw out of it. He would have played the Test in the UAE if he wasn't subbed out of the game a week before and knocked out again.

4. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Why didn't he finish the warm up game just before the Test?

If he wasn't knocked out and subbed out.....he plays before the Test.

5. Sproj

Sproj

Any truth to the rumors Stoinis was told to focus on limited overs because MMarsh is basically assured ongoing squad selection?

These batsmen are deplorable.

6. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Based on nothing but the selectors general stupidity I’ll go with yes

7. Alec

Alec International Rep

Any chance of Lehmann coming back to coach?

8. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

No chance, I'd say.

The stench of the ball tampering saga is still too strong.

Let's see how Langer does on the Ashes tour.

I'd probably persevere with Marsh too. Yes, he didn't make a lot of runs but he looked solid at the crease.

Pretty good bloke too, by all reports.

9. Oh, so you're changing your argument now. Yes, I agree he failed to bat in one innings in the tour match because of concussion, that doesn't change the fact that he was available for selection in the first test and was supposedly left out because he missed one innings against a Pakistan B side.

Langer saying he was left out because he "hasn't played much cricket" would've hardly been altered by a single innings in a tour match, as someone with extensive knowledge in cricket, wouldn't you agree?

10. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Gillespie should be next up, he should be coach now actually.

Sproj and Bucking Beads like this.
  11. Allo

Allo NRL Captain

10,000 shield runs @ 60 is the only time anyone should get in the Test side .... /s

Selectors need to stop **** around the possibles v probables v incumbents. Have them all, including our first XI, play Shield, and not commit to play these bullshit two Test series vs Pakistan in the UAE or Sri Lanka right in the middle of Shield season, because we’ll have a stronger comp - better bats vs better bowlers particularly. Send everyone who’s a chance on the A tours when they happen, not just 3 or 4 and then pick someone NOT from that side that should’ve been, because what’s the point of the A side then? Shits and giggles? Stop all the ‘wink wink guarantees’ that don’t eventuate.

We may not have the quality we used to, but we can put things in place to make it better and easier.

Tom and Sproj like this.
  12. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

No, my problem with old mate's poor article is still the same he omitted facts to suit his agenda.

So you don't think the current Test opener batting in the only warm up game and getting 162 like Marsh did would have got him the spot- it completely eliminates the he hasn't batted enough reason.

Australia 4/494 if Renshaw has a piece of that no way does he not play the Test. Holland played because of his 5 in that game, Labuschagne made his debut.

Concussion cost him his Test spot, and if he had played that game and batted in Australia's only innings he would have played the Test six days later- so that writer angling at some mystery selection snub just isn't true.

To say he muck up his prep is just so untrue it's not funny. He had five SS games and he is averaging 19. Harris had the same five games and he scored runs.

I am all for sticking up for Bulls but no way is it right to blame some mystery AC conspiracy theory.

13. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Problem with that only current players even near 10,000 and near is a still far.

Bailey 7968
    Fergurson 7581
    White 7296

Top seven are the only guys!

Lehmann
    Cox
    Siddons
    Bevan
    Hodge
    Elliot
    Love.

Not a bad batting line up but they're all old. Bradman doesn't even qualify for 10,000. If you don't do other people's tours they won't come here.

I think you have to play everyone in a four year cycle.

14. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Looks to me like Justin Langer was a horrible appointment. He contradicts himself at every chance. The selectors are on another level at the moment. Complete incompetence from them. I can barely watch as I just can't stand the Team we're putting out on the field.

jarro65, Battler and Sproj like this.
  15. This is where it gets interesting..

If Renshaw had batted that innings in the warm-up game and got a golden duck, and Labuschagne had scored the same amount of runs via replacing somebody else who retired hurt, would we've had the same team for the first test?

Because that's essentially the exact same set of circumstances that occurred, Renshaw would've had a grand total of 45 seconds extra out in the middle than he otherwise had, and Labuschagne would've scored some runs and "impressed the coaching staff".

I'm pretty sure it would've been the same team, Renshaw would've been dropped for Labuschagne with Khawaja & S.Marsh promoted. So in essence, the head knock had no impact on his non-selection in a vacuum, it was the recency bias and foolishness of the coaching staff and selectors that left Renshaw out, which is what the article is articulating, whether you like the wording or not.

16. Alec

Alec International Rep

As far as I understand it, he had no idea, and wouldn't have put up with that shit if he did. I remember reading it was all Warner's idea, I'm not even sure of Smith's involvement.

17. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

I don’t get why the shield can’t start during the back end of the footy season, like August or September. Start it earlier and have more fixtures. Fox cricket could even show a d/n game a week: interest in the footy is starting to wane a bit for fans of teams who are out of contention, and other sports fans will be ‘hungry’ for any sort of competitive sport during the week (nrl and afl downtime).

18. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

Heh.

That's the theory, yeah.

The coach knew nothing about any thing at any time.

Apparently it was a dastardly deed hatched by David Warner at lunch time during a test match.

Hmm...

So Smith knew he was up to something and decided to look the other way. That's his story and he's sticking to it complete with a Vodafone ad to back it up.

Bancroft used the sandpaper as he felt he had to do whatever in order to fit in with the team.

The bowlers knew nothing either... which is fascinating considering they would benefit from any tampering with the ball.

It seems no one knew anything at any stage about anyone at anytime.

Tom likes this.
  19. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

It is clearly all Bullshit isn't it. If the Bowler weren't involved I'll eat my hat. Warner is being made the scapegoat as he is the least likable out of anyone in the team