Australia vs India - Test Series

Bowling stocks are always gonna be low without Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Richardson, Richardson2 and Behrendorff but I never want to see some of these bowlers again.

I reckon Australia's WC T20 side is:

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Lynn (Likely Stoinis)
4. Smith
5. M.Marsh
6. Philippe
7. Maxwell
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Zampa

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Lynn (Likely Stoinis)
4. Smith
5. M.Marsh
6. Philippe
7. Maxwell
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Zampa
I'd like Hazlewood in there somehow

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Lynn (Likely Stoinis)
4. Smith
5. M.Marsh
6. Philippe
7. Maxwell
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Zampa
Also mitch marsh????? And no Wade?

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Lynn (Likely Stoinis)
4. Smith
5. M.Marsh
6. Philippe
7. Maxwell
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Zampa

Wade will be in the squad and likely in instead of Phillipe, I just really like Philippe.

M.Marsh is an excellent short form player, his abysmal test record masks how good he is in limited overs unfortunately.

Wade will be in the squad and likely in instead of Phillipe, I just really like Philippe.

M.Marsh is an excellent short form player, his abysmal test record masks how good he is in limited overs unfortunately.
You can be co-president of the Phillippe fan club with me if you wish.

The side you posted above is a good one but I don't see Maxwell batting at 7. He's too good in this format to bat that low. Also agree that M Marsh is in our best XI but it's probably only one of him or Stoinis.

Warner, Finch, Smith, Lynn, Maxwell, M Marsh/Stoinis, Phillippe, Cummins, Starc, Zampa, Hazlewood

Swepson could be in for the 3rd quick just depending on conditions and how the all rounders are bowling, particularly Maxwell.

You can be co-president of the Phillippe fan club with me if you wish.

The side you posted above is a good one but I don't see Maxwell batting at 7. He's too good in this format to bat that low. Also agree that M Marsh is in our best XI but it's probably only one of him or Stoinis.

Warner, Finch, Smith, Lynn, Maxwell, M Marsh/Stoinis, Phillippe, Cummins, Starc, Zampa, Hazlewood

Swepson could be in for the 3rd quick just depending on conditions and how the all rounders are bowling, particularly Maxwell.

Agree with all that. I have Maxwell batting low but he is the floater in the line up, I think you are right though, 4 seems about right for him.

I prefer Marsh to Stoinis for two reasons - 1. I just don’t like Stoinis, 2. Marsh can wind up quicker and more consistently, plus Stoinis is an opener or nothing and I think Finch, Warner, Wade and Lynn, Philippe also are all better options. Australia does not want for openers, middle order bats though are hard to come by at this level.

You have to go two spinners instead of the third quick because t20 is proving a burial ground for the out and out quick men not named Archer, Boult, Starc or Bumrah.

Last edited:
Ok, I reckon first test could be:

1. Burns
2. Harris
3. Laboosh
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

I reckon Head will still be retained but the push for Green is huge and it is hard to argue he shouldn’t be there. The other option is to open with Travis.

I forgot about Marsh, I don’t mind AB’s call of opening with him. Never thought I’d want him back in the side but he’s in form and has played day night tests before and shouldn’t have any fear of failure at his age.

Ok, I reckon first test could be:

1. Burns
2. Harris
3. Laboosh
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

I reckon Head will still be retained but the push for Green is huge and it is hard to argue he shouldn’t be there. The other option is to open with Travis.
Nah Wade should open

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Lynn (Likely Stoinis)
4. Smith
5. M.Marsh
6. Philippe
7. Maxwell
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Zampa
I’d probably switch stoinis and Marsh and Lynn is gonna need a huge Big Bash to get his spot

First Test should be:
1. Wade
2. Harris/Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

Bowling attack speaks for itself same with Keeper and 3-5. I have Harris and Wade opening. Wade is hiitting them well and is in Australia’s top 6 batsman just not above Green which means at the moment he might need to slot into open.. Apart from Pucovski, Harris was the best opener alongside Pucovski for Sheffield shield. Green he’s batted well all Sheffield shield got a handy score in the odi and obviously scored an impressive ton in the Australia A game as well as snagging 2 wickets in 4 overs in the second innings

Last edited:
Agree with you @Sproj , I have absolutely no time for Stoinis either. My opinion may change in time but I just don't like the cut of his jibe. Warnie consistently sucks him off too which I find irritating.

Green is non-negotiable, he's in at 6. Wade moving up to open is common sense. As for his partner it should be the kid if his head is okay, if not then Harris.

I hope the selectors are having a stern word with Head that if he doesn't perform he's out. It worries me that he is in the conversation for captaincy successor when his position isn't even guaranteed.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.