Australia vs India - Test Series

Harris has basically been confirmed to open in the first test, I don't think there'll be any surprises, it'll be stock standard -

1. Burns
2. Harris
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Langer will cop a bunch of shit for leaving Green out - Australia lose first test - wholesale changes for game 2 with Warner, Pucovski & Green coming in for Burns, Harris & Wade.

At least we're giving the Indian players some confidence before the series starts..

At least we're giving the Indian players some confidence before the series starts..

I was watching it, India batted well yes but Australia A was basically down to three bowlers and bowling sit up and hit me balls. Swepson was bowling with the new ball.

But yeah, this series will not be a walkover by any means. If Smith and Labushagne don't fire as usual, Australia is in a LOT of trouble.

Harris has basically been confirmed to open in the first test, I don't think there'll be any surprises, it'll be stock standard -

1. Burns
2. Harris
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Langer will cop a bunch of shit for leaving Green out - Australia lose first test - wholesale changes for game 2 with Warner, Pucovski & Green coming in for Burns, Harris & Wade.
Yep I suspect this will be the exact team!

Green's head knock leaves room for Head/Wade to play their way out of the side. Also this gives both openers the chance to hang themselves out to dry with Warner and Puco waiting in the wings, although I think Harris might go alright.

I agree we'll lose the test and ring wholesale changes - I predict we will see Patto too. Kohli will head home and we'll win the 2nd test.

Edit: the knives will be out this series for Paine too.

Last edited:
Harris has thrown away his second dig. Lets see if Burns can seize the moment.

So for first test, I'd be going:

1. Burns
2. Head
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

12. Pattinson

This is not ideal but Harris hasn't set the world on fire in his Aus A games and Head and Wade should still be there but Green also needs to be in. It basically becomes a bat off between Head and Burns to partner Warner in the second test or drop Burns + Head/Wade and bring in Pucovski as well.
Nah Wade is more of an opener than Head and although I agree with you on a Harris he is gonna get picked

It should be Marsh and Harris opening and Green in for Wade. Might be tough on Wade but he’s far from guaranteed a place in the side.

It should be Marsh and Harris opening and Green in for Wade. Might be tough on Wade but he’s far from guaranteed a place in the side.
What's the justification for Head keeping his spot while Wade misses out?

In 19/20 test season, Wade averaged 43.4 while Head averaged 39.5. They both played 5 tests.
In the only test of 2020, Wade scored 22 and Head scored 10.

If you look at their shield performances over the last two seasons
2019/20:
Wade, 4 matches, 58.8 average, 3 50s
Head, 6 matches, 40 average, 3 50s, 1 100

2018/19:
Wade, 10 matches, 60.05 average, 8 50s, 2 100s
Head, 7 matches, 37.15 average, 5 50s

The difference between the two in test cricket is that Wade scored two centuries in the Ashes in England (series in which Head was dropped) whereas Head plundered runs at home against Sri Lanka and scored a ton v New Zealand.

Wade's form in white ball cricket recently hasn't been bad either.

What's the justification for Head keeping his spot while Wade misses out?

In 19/20 test season, Wade averaged 43.4 while Head averaged 39.5. They both played 5 tests.
In the only test of 2020, Wade scored 22 and Head scored 10.

If you look at their shield performances over the last two seasons
2019/20:
Wade, 4 matches, 58.8 average, 3 50s
Head, 6 matches, 40 average, 3 50s, 1 100

2018/19:
Wade, 10 matches, 60.05 average, 8 50s, 2 100s
Head, 7 matches, 37.15 average, 5 50s

The difference between the two in test cricket is that Wade scored two centuries in the Ashes in England (series in which Head was dropped) whereas Head plundered runs at home against Sri Lanka and scored a ton v New Zealand.

Wade's form in white ball cricket recently hasn't been bad either.

Only their ages IMO.

Ben McDermott sneakily putting his hand up?

FC performances this season - 74, 5, 90, 90, 28*, 18, 50 @ an average of 59.17

Currently 82* in the 2nd innings vs India.

Ben McDermott sneakily putting his hand up?

FC performances this season - 74, 5, 90, 90, 28*, 18, 50 @ an average of 59.17

Currently 82* in the 2nd innings vs India.

He's got such a nice technique and is starting to string them together but the key knock back there is there are no centuries.

Wait, what the hell is happening in the Aus A game, last time I checked Wildermuth was 49* and McDermott was 83* - now Wildermuth is 97* and McDermott is 99* lol.

Wait, what the hell is happening in the Aus A game, last time I checked Wildermuth was 49* and McDermott was 83* - now Wildermuth is 97* and McDermott is 99* lol.

Jack decided he wanted to play some shots and India is bowling their batsmen. This game has become pointless.

But nice that these two have got tons. Wildermuth might be putting his name up in lights.

Moises Henriques in to the Test squad for Sean Abbott (injured).

Active Now

• Allo
  • Battler
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • OnToSomething
  • Rambstien
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • xilliun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.