Australia vs India - Test Series

I really feel Paine's captaincy leaves a bit to be desired at times. Yes, I love Green but you need to give him a chance to work into a spell. This one over here, one over there doesn't help any bowler at the longer form of the game.

He's under restrictions, he can't bowl him all out.

I agree with most of this, however, the Andrew Symonds comparison is a bit off.
He was racially villified by another player and from a team that is ridiculously thin skinned at times. There is no doubt what Harbejan said but the Indian Cricket Board wouldn't hear of it.
After that he was subjected to crowd wide abuse at every match he played and not one thing was done.
Big difference.

Plenty of doubt because no audio still exists.

Jhye Richardson would have to be the replacement for Mitchell Starc in Brisbane, if we opt to go that way. He's bowling superbly in all forms.

Jhye Richardson would have to be the replacement for Mitchell Starc in Brisbane, if we opt to go that way. He's bowling superbly in all forms.

He hasn't played a Shield match this summer after his shoulder op in May and hasn't play any long form cricket since November 2019 at the 'Gabba. Be a massive call to throw him in a Test.

He hasn't played a Shield match this summer after his shoulder op in May and hasn't play any long form cricket since November 2019 at the 'Gabba. Be a massive call to throw him in a Test.

Soooo he's still played more in the last year or two than Pucovski? :happy:

Paine is feeling the pressure of this partnership and his glovework is evidence of it.

I still hold him responsible for the Stokes disaster, so he's got a big challenge ahead of him exorcising those demons here to ensure there isn't a repeat.

If he gives Starc the new ball I will not be happy... we need hazlewood and Cummins here with their relentless line and lengths and try to find the edge with the deviation either direction

Plenty of doubt because no audio still exists.
Except Habhajan admitted it when he played with Symonds in the IPL.
Apart from that the crowds made monkey noises everywhere he went in India which didn't seem a problem for the Indian Board or players.

This is looking really comfortable for India now, this ball is doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Well this has gotten beyond “1 more wicket and it’s over” territory

Well this has gotten beyond “1 more wicket and it’s over” territory

They just put up Winviz (stupidest thing ever) and it had India at 10%, like what? It currently is at worst 50% to India.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, only this Australian Test team....

Soooo he's still played more in the last year or two than Pucovski? :happy:

No Pucovski has played seven in that time compared to Richardson 3, and Pucovski played this season. Richardson has just come back from injury for the BBL.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • leon.bott
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spoon
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.