Australia vs India - Test Series

That's on the umpires to decide and they allowed a sub just like they just did for Pucovski- if Australia had to bat again I am sure Pucovski would be back out there to bat.

No runners anymore hasn't been for a while.
Yes ta, my post was what has been accepted, past tense.
You can excuse them all you want , from my POV it was a cynical use of the rules.
Someone else compared it to The Storm using the head bin rule, I think that was a good a good comparison. Within the rules but a bit of BS just the same.

True shouldn't he be off the field in batting for as long as he was off the field whilst fielding??

Wasn't Warner not allowed to open in the day/night test for exactly that reason.

Aussies batted for 80 odd overs so I wouldve thought he'd have to wait the same amount of time?

Penalty don't apply to external injury.

Yes ta, my post was what has been accepted, past tense.
You can excuse them all you want , from my POV it was a cynical use of the rules.
Someone else compared it to The Storm using the head bin rule, I think that was a good a good comparison. Within the rules but a bit of BS just the same.

So what would you make the rule? You can sub everyone but the keeper?

So what would you make the rule? You can sub everyone but the keeper?
That is the hard part , isnt it.
When a team is deliberately using the rules in a cynical manner this will potentially / probably lead to other teams doing it too.
Isnt that why the runner rules were changed.
(Runners are allowed BTW but not at international level.)
Remember Arjuna Ranatunga, he operated within the rules but everyone knew it was BS.

Last edited:
When a team is deliberately using the rules in a cynical manner this will potentially / probably lead to other teams doing it too.
Remember Arjuna Ranatunga, he operated within the rules but everyone knew it was BS.
I thought for a keeper that it had to be one of the fielders already named that could take the gloves (ie. a sub fielder can't take the gloves).

Thought it was raised one time when our keeper was injured and they suggested Phil Hughes could take them being a former keeper... and then someone joked that Starc was a former keeper in the juniors

Having absolutely no luck with DRS... will that be 3 turned over now??

And by no luck I mean correct calls being turned over, but sometimes those lbw are just flicking which means it stays the same

Last edited:
Yep, not out.

The funny thing is that hotspot didn't even show it as hitting the arm guard haha. Bizarre.

Very bizarre, absolutely smashed into the arm.

But also, Cummins is clearly going to bowl bumper after bumper...so what are there so few men around the bat?

The bowlers just cannot take a trick right now. Edges / misses, you name it and all of them JUST miss, every time.

(Runners are allowed BTW but not at international level.)

The only fair answer is no subs at all, you play down men if you have too and Tests are ruined. You can't say gully can be replaced but wicketkeeper can't be replaced.

Get hit by the ball... call the physio and waste 5 mins
🙄🙄🙄

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.