Australia vs India - Test Series

He’s been dropped many many times and theirs more than wickets... he is in the same category as smith you can have a bad game and not have to worry about your spot
Those numbers are for the series, not just for one test. My argument is that he's been average for a while.

These are his averages from the last 5 series.
v Ind ('20/21)- 6 wickets @ 57.00*
v NZ ('19/20)- 20 wickets @ 17.25
v Pak ('19)- 7 wickets @ 35.42
v Eng ('19)- 20 wickets @ 33.40
v SL ('18/19)- 4 wickets @ 44.00

The NZ series looks like an outlier. We could go through our quick bowlers or even other elite spin bowlers around the world and their averages would be comfortably better.

Smith is the 2nd greatest batsman of all time. Ever. Lyon is nowhere near on that level.

Starc doesn’t look likely other than his first 2 overs of an innings

Do we need point on the boundary??

Give me a second slip!!

How is it close to the same thing.
If Pucovski came back out and clubbed 97 without a slightest bit of discomfort , I would agree .
The opinion that I was asking for is if you think India were taking the piss or not, not if they were within the rule.

If Pucovski came out and batted no one would say a word- even today they've been talking about Smith batting with a broken hand in 2008 and how brave it was at the SCG against Johnson.

Smith was off the field getting treatment after he retired hurt for the whole of SA first innings and Australia's second innings and then comes out to bat at number 11 so about 4 days of rest- we celebrate it when it suits.

No I don't believe you would ever sit down and pick your side hoping your keeper gets hit in the third innings and you could sub him in with another keeper.

If India have pulled that off then they're the greatest manipulators in sport.

I don't believe you can have certain fielders able to be subbed- and I think we have inconsistency with not allowing runners.

Why can't starc come in and just bowl as fast as he can, doesn't matter how loose the bowls are. Just give it your full and bowl fast and scary

If Pucovski came out and batted no one would say a word- even today they've been talking about Smith batting with a broken hand in 2008 and how brave it was at the SCG against Johnson.

Smith was off the field getting treatment after he retired hurt for the whole of SA first innings and Australia's second innings and then comes out to bat at number 11 so about 4 days of rest- we celebrate it when it suits.

No I don't believe you would ever sit down and pick your side hoping your keeper gets hit in the third innings and you could sub him in with another keeper.

I don't believe you can have certain fielders able to be subbed- and I think we have inconsistency with not allowing runners.

I wasn't going to say anymore but if you can't see you are going points no one is discussing and cannot see the differences between the Smith, Pucovski and Pant situations are different, there is zero point in any discussion with you. You choose these points from nowhere to support an argument no one is making or arguing with.

Guess we need to win in Brisbane
We pretty well had to anyway... even a 2-2 (ie. Aus win today, but lose at the Gabba) means India retain the trophy, so unless Gabba is a draw or washed out then it still determines the series

Last edited:

Dont know if you're being a dick or not.
Once again how is your example relevant. Smith was an opener and came out at 11 to try and save a game he didnt get promoted up the order and bat with no discomfort after supposedly being so injured he couldnt glove a single delivery.
India took a cynical advantage of the rules IMO that's what I have said all.along, I stand by that opinion.

We gave Smith credit because we all thought he was a wanker. To show that courage was worth the applause.
India are employing Storm tactics

We gave Smith credit because we all thought he was a wanker. To show that courage was worth the applause.
Especially considering the pitch... it had crevasses instead of cracks, and I believe a ball coming out of one of them eventually bowled him??

Don't get the people ripping on India for the delaying tactics. If we were in the same boat I hope our batsmen would be doing the same thing if that's what it took to get us home.

Bottom line is that if you can't bowl a team out in 130 overs on a 5th day pitch you don't deserve to win. Simple

There’s the acceptable delaying practices ie changing guard and doing pitch maintenance. Repeatedly taking your pads on and off is rubbish

Dont know if you're being a dick or not.
Once again how is your example relevant. Smith was an opener and came out at 11 to try and save a game he didnt get promoted up the order and bat with no discomfort after supposedly being so injured he couldnt glove a single delivery.
India took a cynical advantage of the rules IMO that's what I have said all.along, I stand by that opinion.

How can you not see similarities, he was so injured he couldn't field for four days but could bat to save the game keeping out Johnson- for a while.

If you're going to debate a rule, you need to look at cases and if you're going to want change you need to look at what it would mean for situations. It's not being a dick- it's better than picking something than later on going didn't think about it.

If you're/someone is against players going off hurt than batting later you need to be against all cases of it not just picking and choosing. If you don't want keepers subbed what does that then mean when it happens first morning of a Test.

How do we know which ones were exploiting the rules and which ones weren't?

I always liked him, hard job captain of South Africa and he was young and dealing with quotas and all their internal rubbish.

How can you not see similarities, he was so injured he couldn't field for four days but could bat to save the game keeping out Johnson- for a while.

If you're going to debate a rule, you need to look at cases and if you're going to want change you need to look at what it would mean for situations. It's not being a dick- it's better than picking something than later on going didn't think about it.

If you're/someone is against players going off hurt than batting later you need to be against all cases of it not just picking and choosing. If you don't want keepers subbed what does that then mean when it happens first morning of a Test.

How do we know which ones were exploiting the rules and which ones weren't?
You might be able to answer a question for me.

Does the WK need to be nominated as part of the team selection sheet or is it basically here's our 11 and the WK is whoever is wearing the gloves??

I just ask because you see the keeper identified in pretty much all selection sheets and sometimes in game records (using a + sign or similar)

Last edited:
So sick of the excuses being made for Lyon...today was his day and he completely utterly and totally failed...based on stats already presented by others this is not an isolated incident.

So sick of the excuses being made for Lyon...today was his day and he completely utterly and totally failed...based on stats already presented by others this is not an isolated incident.
Are you fucking stupidhe has had 3 or 4 catches dropped and he has taken 2 of the 3 wickets today... he is getting multiple chances every over and you have the audacity from your couch to say he is bowling bad... your a fucking wanker

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Painin the Haas
  • Griffo
  • Redux
  • The True King
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.