Australia vs India - Test Series

Alright he leads the team song so I'll give you that as one of his jobs too. The thing is that we have to win first.

To do that requires our batsmen to score runs and our bowlers to take 20 wickets. I'm sure we agree he's not there to bat, so his job (along with our quicks) is to take those wickets.

They failed their job last test, especially he and Starc. The quicks took 12 wickets before Lyon showed up late on day 4. He got a gift from Pant but aside from that basically did nothing on a day 5 pitch - which is when you'd expect your spin bowler to be their most effective.

Don't want to hear about dropped catches and chances created. If it ain't a wicket in the column next to his name it doesn't mean anything.

Well, to be honest, if the sitters were actually taken he would be well past 400.

His record speaks for itself - you can spin it anyway you like, so to speak, but he's done well, despite admittedly not being the most technically proficient.

I don't get the hate personally. He can be hit and miss, but when he's on, it's not bad at all. And no-one has emerged to displace him in nearly a decade.

Well, to be honest, if the sitters were actually taken he would be well past 400.

His record speaks for itself - you can spin it anyway you like, so to speak, but he's done well, despite admittedly not being the most technically proficient.

I don't get the hate personally. He can be hit and miss, but when he's on, it's not bad at all. And no-one has emerged to displace him in nearly a decade.
And if there weren't LBWs in cricket Shane Watson would have averaged 50+ with the bat.

Have a look at SOK's first class record, it speaks for itself. Guy had his off field issues but so did Warne and yet we love him.

Much like Paine, I'm over having guys around just because they are good blokes. We need to move on and stop settling for mediocrity. We can do better.

And if there weren't LBWs in cricket Shane Watson would have averaged 50+ with the bat.

Have a look at SOK's first class record, it speaks for itself. Guy had his off field issues but so did Warne and yet we love him.

Much like Paine, I'm over having guys around just because they are good blokes. We need to move on and stop settling for mediocrity. We can do better.

Yeah fair enough.

But nearly 400 wickets, 3rd all time Australia. Come on.

He hasn't fluked that.

Lyon's time is coming, but he has earned his time.

I miss Shane Warne, every time he was bowling I was on the edge of my seat thinking “what’s this arrogant fuckhead going to bowl next”.

What a time to be alive.
Yeah, Shane Warne was amazing to watch. Can't say I really enjoy watching Lyon bowl, even when Wade tried to meme him into popularity.

Is Pant faking another injury to get Saha on?

Star Wars at the cricket, Darth Vader has arrived!

Should be on the table. There are better batters/keepers out there and he contributes very little in the grand scheme of things.

Equal fewest Tests to 150 dismissals- 33 with de Kock, three faster than Gilchrist.

Second highest batting average for an Australian keeper ever.

Only two more keepers have captained more than him in 140 years, Dhoni and Rahim.

Contributed nothing.

Equal fewest Tests to 150 dismissals- 33 with de Kock, three faster than Gilchrist.

Only two more keepers have captained more than him in 140 years, Dhoni and Rahim.

Contributed nothing.

Very little I said. Numbers don't lie I suppose, but they don't tell the whole story. His captaincy at times leaves a lot to be desired and he gets out at very inopportune times, those are my main criticisms. He's alright with the gloves, although he probably cost Australia the last test with his drops (not the only one though).

He's doing alright at the moment though. Maybe 400+ is possible.

Contributed nothing.
The only thing de Kock and Paine have in common is keeping wicket to phenomenal pace attacks.

Brad Haddin? Pretty sure I remember him scoring a couple test tons and quite a few 50s. I'd be surprised if Paine averages more with the bat, he definitely wouldn't have the same number of 100s and 50s.

Why don't we talk about his field settings at Headingly? Or how about his use of the DRS? Or his keeping at the SCG? Instead we gloss over the critical moments in which his leadership has actually been exposed.

There's a reason this team has a habit of losing games they shouldn't. They consistently fall apart under pressure and he loses his head.

A fifty against a FC bowling attack like the one he's currently facing should not paper over those cracks.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.