BBL|08 Discussion

Oh damn you're right, I thought he wasn't. Either way they said he has to go back and score more runs to get a shot, and he hasn't, so you've gotta assume he doesn't get picked. Bowlers are doing the job without him anyway.

Nice team, 5 Heat and 4 Scorchers is a lot though. Especially with the Heat having 0 games over the next 2 rounds. I'm also not sure that Qadir will get a run, they have a LOT of bowling depth.

I'm going back to Maxwell and praying he bats higher up the order (he should do, he's a freakish t20 player). May as well have my team's namesake in the squad.

Marsh is too risky. Apparently he could only play 1 game in the DGW because of the Boxing Day test and will probably not bowl as much.

Last edited:
I guess it makes sense that Steketee bowls the final ball to officially lose us the game. Damn he was horrible.

Even with Pattinson joining, our bowling is still too weak to challenge for a spot in the final, and our batting just seems incredibly inconsistent.

Last edited:
I still can't understand why Baz has to come out and go hell-for-leather from ball #1 [emoji848]

I know that if he gets it right it can really set us up for a big total, but to me the odds of it happening always seem pretty low.

At least Cutting wasn’t terrible with the ball. 1/22 off 3. Still bowling at the death though.

I'm going back to Maxwell and praying he bats higher up the order (he should do, he's a freakish t20 player). May as well have my team's namesake in the squad.

Marsh is too risky. Apparently he could only play 1 game in the DGW because of the Boxing Day test and will probably not bowl as much.

You were correct, Marsh out of the 2nd game.

Luckily for me our league didn't start on time, only filled 13/14 of the team spots prior to roster locks, so it'll start in round 2 for me. Probably dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:
Sangha is a gun, won't be long until he's representing Aus in a lot of forms of the game I reckon.

He reminds me a bit of Hussey, can score anywhere. Doesn’t run between wickets like Hussey though haha

At the game tonight, got a bit of everything

Hard to believe a 17 year old Afghan kid is our best bowler.

Cutting took a couple of great catches tonight, and didn't bowl too bad either.

Cutting defied the Cutting gene tonight and despite himself, bowled well. Half time fireworks were fantastic!

The heat are so wasteful.

Well Bryant batter well, no one else has

That should be Heazlett done I imagine, he's had plenty of chances in BBL now, hasn't performed.

Bring Ross, Renshaw or Labuschagne back in to stabilise the middle order

Last edited:
Worst innings I’ve ever seen from Lynn that.

Active Now

• kman
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.