CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

Was this Mark Waugh? He's a space cadet and the Thunder are his team, so he is always biased toward them anyway.

Maybe? It was the main guy in commentary at the time. It wasn't Lee and I think the other guy was Haddin.

Maybe? It was the main guy in commentary at the time. It wasn't Lee and I think the other guy was Haddin.

It was BJ (Brendon Julian)

Absolute dogshit commentator

Has no hype in commentary, has an annoying voice,, and doesn’t know fielding positions because every position in front of the batter is apparently fucking mid-on or mid-off

Fraser-McGurk has all the potential in the world. He is of course inconsistent being so young but he is just so freakishly talented.

Bazley goes for 24 against Stoinis off the second-last over for the Stars to chase down 206

God he's shit. And against Stoinis who's been terrible for ages now

Have the Heat already essentially qualified for finals?

Sams gets hit in like the middle of the back foot behind the crease in front of middle...and reviews. What has happened to this guy?

Sams gets hit in like the middle of the back foot behind the crease in front of middle...and reviews. What has happened to this guy?
My view is he isn’t just very good but is one of those guys that had a purple patch early in their career which made them seem better than they are. I call It the Michael Morgan paradigm.

I’ve been watching old BBL games, funny how those that youd think would kick on just maintained mediocrity

I’ve been watching old BBL games, funny how those that youd think would kick on just maintained mediocrity
I think you can see the ones that really benefitted from the early years where it was full on hit and giggle. The last couple of years where it is taken more seriously has sorted a few of them out.

My view is he isn’t just very good but is one of those guys that had a purple patch early in their career which made them seem better than they are. I call It the Michael Morgan paradigm.

He's the Wish version of Ben Cutting

My view is that Sams wasn't making many T20 teams, until he absolutely tee'd off against the Heat. His bowling isn't anything special, he's capable but not exactly a match winner. If you can bowl well and have the ability to belt them out of the park, that sets you aside from a few others.

I remember his first dig in the IPL he was going for 50 runs consistently.

There are definitely a few players getting by on ‘that innings they had that one time’ or that one decent year. I’m thinking:
- Sams
- Stoinis
- Wells
- Ross
- D.Short
- J.Sangha

There are definitely a few players getting by on ‘that innings they had that one time’ or that one decent year. I’m thinking:
- Sams
- Stoinis
- Wells
- Ross
- D.Short
- J.Sangha

Jono is definitely that player for me

He had that time at the the Strikers i think where he looked like a top 10 bat in the league - always making runs and quickly

There was a lot of times I thought he'd be a sneaky good pick up for the Heat who desperately needed batters but yeah I wouldn't go near him these days, albeit he's now 35. His overall stats are still pretty decent though: AVG 33.11 @ 121 SR

Sangha is an overrated hack

You know what really annoys me about the T20 cricket, the over the top wicket celebrations from some players. Tahir was the absolute worst at it but it does seem to be a very South African thing to do - think Shaamsi as well, Steyn (but at least he was a genuine gun), Coetzee, etc. In the BBL, Dooley just looks like a turkey. There are several others too and it just ticks me off.

Does Abbott only score runs against the Heat??

Always seems to be a pain in the ass when he plays us

**** yes... Onya bike Abbott

Active Now

• marw
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.