CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

So we have Buckingham in the squad? Why isn't he in the team over Bartlett?

Munro with a very hands off captaincy approach, i haven't seen him speak to the bowlers yet

I guess Bartlett proves us wrong with that over, pretty decent over that
He's clearly been working on his slower balls, so I get it a little with bowling him in the power surge, but he doesn't quite look to have the control on them as yet.

Walter was showing that the cutters were the way to go... and I would've thought Neser probably has the better cutters and slower balls from that sense.

We are actually alright tbh
Sweppo getting some form back helps with that.

Having a spinner that is a genuine wicket taker after the power play helps a lot.

Kuhnemann is generally pretty good at keeping it tight as well... so those two as a dual spinning combo could end up being hard to score against and build that pressure

So we have Buckingham in the squad? Why isn't he in the team over Bartlett?
Buckingham has played 1 professional white ball game ever. For someone who just took 5 against Pakistan it speaks volumes.

Sweppo getting some form back helps with that.

Having a spinner that is a genuine wicket taker after the power play helps a lot.

Kuhnemann is generally pretty good at keeping it tight as well... so those two as a dual spinning combo could end up being hard to score against and build that pressure
We actually have a really balanced line up, some power hitters in Munro, brown etc, solid batters in billings, McSweeney and then our blowers are complete, we have two high quality spinners, raw pace in Johnson, swing bowlers in neser/bartlett

He's clearly been working on his slower balls, so I get it a little with bowling him in the power surge, but he doesn't quite look to have the control on them as yet.

Walter was showing that the cutters were the way to go... and I would've thought Neser probably has the better cutters and slower balls from that sense.
I wonder if it was an expirement for Bartlett to bowl those overs

It's kind of hilarious how terrible the stars are in the BBL.

They always seem to have a stacked lineup, but are just bad every year.

Is it only them and Tassie that have never won a title??

Good lord that was some terrible batting from Rauf.

I know he's a tail ender, but he was 3 from 13 trying to hit everything to the boundary when old mate up the other end was on 20 odd.

And the worst part is that all his attempted slogs, that were nowhere near the ball, were all targetting the 80m square boundaries at the MCG.

It's the biggest fucking ground in the country and old mate is thinking he can hit it to the second deck from no. 11

He eventually gets caught on the square leg boundary, by a fielder that was starting about 20m off the rope... he would've struggled to clear the square boundary at Adelaide Oval.

It's kind of hilarious how terrible the stars are in the BBL.

They always seem to have a stacked lineup, but are just bad every year.

Is it only them and Tassie that have never won a title??
I'd say their lineup is bog average, Maxwell is their only decent player, when was the last time stoinis did anything?

I'd say their lineup is bog average, Maxwell is their only decent player, when was the last time stoinis did anything?
Yeah agree their lineup looks average this year. It was more reputation of players that is propping them up this year. Cartwright looks like the only player that has any worth to the team at the moment.

Stoinis has fallen off a cliff and if they don't have Maxwell then it's got zero threat.

Was more about over the course of the years they've had a lot of Aust T20 internationals playing for them whilst other teams players are in the test squad... I think last year they had Maxwell, Zampa, Stoinis, etc. available across the whole tournament and it achieves nothing for them.

Stoinis looked really good for them a couple years back when he was opening... no idea why they've dropped him down the order, but he looks well past it at the moment.

Cartwright has been in pretty decent form this season, he got a 100+ against Qld didn't he?

Stoinis has just totally lost any semblance of ability with the bat, no idea how he keeps getting picked by Australia.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Broncs1459
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.