RUMOUR Bellamy - 10 Year Deal

I thought I read an article months back where they were toying with C.Smith in the halves for next year. Would make sense if he wanted to go on.

if they do, we should immediately get on the phone to Hughes, see if he is prepared to play fullback for us

Bugger, I hope HUGE doesn't pick me up on my spelling mistake in the last paragraph
Mate, it's less the spellig mistake and moe the absense of the apostrofee that you ned to woory abowt. Either way you're Shark bait. My condolences.

You could of course subscribe to BHQ and find redemption in the gift of eternal edit

Last edited:
I do read posts...ill refrain from yours in future
Why? I just asked a simple question. You claim I said something I didn't say, and I ask you to show me where I said it, and you run off. Says it all.

Why? I just asked a simple question. You claim I said something I didn't say, and I ask you to show me where I said it, and you run off. Says it all.
So just so you can give yourself a pat on the back!!!
Ok you state you hate how bellamy coaches the game, has no honour or integrity...storm cheat to win etc etc......but you would have no problem with him at broncos!!! Ok fella whatever makes you feel good

I don't mind the idea of Bellamy helping the Broncos, I just don't like how desperate the board seem to be and how bereft of ideas they are that poaching from the Storm is their preferred strategy.

So just so you can give yourself a pat on the back!!!
Ok you state you hate how bellamy coaches the game, has no honour or integrity...storm cheat to win etc etc......but you would have no problem with him at broncos!!! Ok fella whatever makes you feel good
Hey @Petch67 , I can certainly see how if I had said that it would be deemed contradictory or backflipping or whatever.
But I have not said that. I have said I don't want him at the club but if he comes I will still support them. I love the Broncos and will always support them, even if they have some staff I cannot stand. Example......I did not stop supporting the Broncos when Mundine played for us.
I will not stop cheering for the Broncos if Bellamy comes on board, and nor will I stop hating what Bellamy stands for and how he teaches the game to be played.
I said either earlier in this thread or perhaps another one, I would MUCH rather the Broncos be successful without Bellamy than with him. But if he comes I will still want them to be successful.
Honest question here mate, what is it about that position that you don't understand or don't agree with?
Cheers :)

Hey @Petch67 , I can certainly see how if I had said that it would be deemed contradictory or backflipping or whatever.
But I have not said that. I have said I don't want him at the club but if he comes I will still support them. I love the Broncos and will always support them, even if they have some staff I cannot stand. Example......I did not stop supporting the Broncos when Mundine played for us.
I will not stop cheering for the Broncos if Bellamy comes on board, and nor will I stop hating what Bellamy stands for and how he teaches the game to be played.
I said either earlier in this thread or perhaps another one, I would MUCH rather the Broncos be successful without Bellamy than with him. But if he comes I will still want them to be successful.
Honest question here mate, what is it about that position that you don't understand or don't agree with?
Cheers :)
There is nothing that he can disagree with because it is your opinion, not his. We seem to spend too much time on here arguing opinions, and I have rarely seen anyone change their opinion. PS, I am not having a crack at you in case it reads that way.

Last edited:
There is nothing that he can disagree with because it is your opinion, not his. We seem to spend too much time on here arguing opinions, and I have rarely seen anyone change their opinion. PS, I am not having a crack at you in case it reads that way.
NRL changed their opinion today with the whole anthem de-ba-rcle? :D

I don't mind the idea of Bellamy helping the Broncos, I just don't like how desperate the board seem to be and how bereft of ideas they are that poaching from the Storm is their preferred strategy.
If you want to be the best you've got to get the best.

Rebuilding this bitch from the ground up needs someone who knows what they're doing.

So I was thinking about this last night and I'd like to see what other people think, but I'm wondering now if Melbourne have had or are about to have their 2006/2009 Broncos moment.

They've just lost their CEO, their decades long serving Captain and their greatest player (perhaps the games greatest ever player, and almost certainly it's most influential) is likely to retire and in 12 months they will be losing their Head Coach that has overseen all of their recent success. Now I know Bellamy will likely continue on in a remote role, but it's unlikely to be anything like the hands on role he fills today. Jason Ryles is heading overseas so one of their Assistant Coach roles is now vacant too.

So going into 2021 Melbourne will likely be making the biggest Coaching decision the game has really seen since Bennett and the Broncos decided to part company the first time. These will now be the biggest Coaching shoes in the game to have to fill in the last decade and the outcome of how Melbourne handle this could go a long way to shifting the Rugby League landscape as we know it today.

Do they attempt like the Broncos did with Bellamy to bring one of their old favourite sons home, like Maguire, Kearney, O'Brien or even (God help us) Seibold?

Do they promote whoever goes into their Assistant Coach role for this season to replace Ryles?

Do they gamble it all on effectively a Rookie Coach like Cam Smith or Cooper Cronk?

Do they look for someone from outside the club culture and history? Something highly ambitious like Trent Robinson, Wayne Bennett or Ricky Stuart?

No matter what they decide to do, it will have huge ramifications around the Rugby League World and it's going to be fascinating to see if the Storm can handle this transition a whole lot better than the Broncos have managed it with Wayne Bennett (twice mind you).

Last edited:
Who cares?

We are Brisbane Broncos supporters. I could care less what the Melbourne Storm do. I care about what the Brisbane Broncos do.
So I was thinking about this last night and I'd like to see what other people think, but I'm wondering now if Melbourne have had or are about to have their 2006/2009 Broncos moment.

They've just lost their CEO, their decades long serving Captain and their greatest player (perhaps the games greatest ever player, and almost certainly it's most influential) is likely to retire and in 12 months they will be losing their Head Coach that has overseen all of their recent success. Now I know Bellamy will likely continue on in a remote role, but it's unlikely to be anything like the hands on role he fills today. Jason Ryles is heading overseas so one of their Assistant Coach roles is now vacant too.

So going into 2021 Melbourne will likely be making the biggest Coaching decision the game has really seen since Bennett and the Broncos decided to part company the first time. These will now be the biggest Coaching shoes in the game to have to fill in the last decade and the outcome of how Melbourne handle this could go a long way to shifting the Rugby League landscape as we know it today.

Do they attempt like the Broncos did with Bellamy to bring one of their old favourite sons home, like Maguire, Kearney, O'Brien or even (God help us) Seibold?

Do they promote whoever goes into their Assistant Coach role for this season to replace Ryles?

Do they gamble it all on effectively a Rookie Coach like Cam Smith or Cooper Cronk?

Do they look for someone from outside the club culture and history? Something highly ambitious like Trent Robinson, Wayne Bennett or Ricky Stuart?

No matter what they decide to do, it will have huge ramifications around the Rugby League World and it's going to be fascinating to see if the Storm can handle this transition a whole lot better than the Broncos have managed it with Wayne Bennett (twice mind you).

Who cares?

We are Brisbane Broncos supporters. I could care less what the Melbourne Storm do. I care about what the Brisbane Broncos do.
I mention it because it does have ramifications for us. It has ramifications for the entire competition frankly, but given Melbourne recruit out of a similar and often exactly the same geographical area as us, their direction as a club after Bellamy goes could have a huge impact on things for the Broncos going forward.

I mention it because it does have ramifications for us. It has ramifications for the entire competition frankly, but given Melbourne recruit out of a similar and often exactly the same geographical area as us, their direction as a club after Bellamy goes could have a huge impact on things for the Broncos going forward.
Also what kind of casual cares enough about a rugby league team to join their forum but doesn’t care at all about major points of discussion at other teams

Also what kind of casual cares enough about a rugby league team to join their forum but doesn’t care at all about major points of discussion at other teams
Spot on. In Melbourne's case it's especially relevant for us because there is so much history between the two clubs and their player and staff bases that a lot of what they do has huge follow on effects for us.

**** Melbourne.
Yes, I agree, **** Melbourne. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying when you've recruited their CEO, are attempting to recruit their Coach, and would probably like to recruit their Captain and/or their best young Rookie if either become available at short notice then I think their machinations as a club over the offseason are particularly relevant to us at the moment.

Last edited:
Who cares?

I care, only inasmuch as I hate them and look forward to celebrating their massive fall from grace.....though to be fair I'm still waiting

Holy **** you mob are a happy bunch! It's just a game!

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.