RUMOUR Bellamy - 10 Year Deal

Poor coaching records are one thing but destroying the most high profile team in the game is another.

Exactly. He took a team with all the best resources and are widely viewed top 4 roster and turned them into a basket case that looks like it will need gears to rebuild and all the while looking totally clueless, shell shocked and out of his depth.

This wasn’t just a coaching failure, it was an abject embarrassment and disgrace. He’ll find it difficult to get an assistant’s role, let alone head coach. His reputation will precede him everywhere.

Exactly. He took a team with all the best resources and are widely viewed top 4 roster and turned them into a basket case that looks like it will need gears to rebuild and all the while looking totally clueless, shell shocked and out of his depth.

This wasn’t just a coaching failure, it was an abject embarrassment and disgrace. He’ll find it difficult to get an assistant’s role, let alone head coach. His reputation will precede him everywhere.
It's the NRL and honestly in this game time really does heal all wounds.

Personally, like a few others have said, I think it's only a matter of time before he's Assistant Coaching somewhere (perhaps with a stint in Super League before or after) then provided he has passable results there I think he'll eventually get a gig as a Head Coach again somewhere in the NRL.

There are always desperate clubs churning through Coaches with a decent appetite for risk and trying to beat the odds.

Last edited:
I doubt it, unless you think Old Gil White is going to get another CEO gig another club somewhere too?
He may have to work his way back through being an Assistant CEO before anyone gives him a Head CEO position after the dumpster fire he's leaving behind.

Why bring in Seibold as an assistant when you could just wait for Alex Glenn to retire and bring him in?

The last great Broncos coach with a winning record, certainly makes sense.

He may have to work his way back through being an Assistant CEO before anyone gives him a Head CEO position after the dumpster fire he's leaving behind.
He just needs to find another NRL club who's thinking to themselves "You know what, I don't think our players have enough leverage against us in their contracts. How about we increase their salaries at the back end of their contracts and then let them decide if they want to stick around activate those stupid salaries. We could even have them activate that clause and then agitate for a move elsewhere while still getting paid the difference by us!"

He just needs to find another NRL club who's thinking to themselves "You know what, I don't think our players have enough leverage against us in their contracts. How about we increase their salaries at the back end of their contracts and then let them decide if they want to stick around activate those stupid salaries. We could even have them activate that clause and then agitate for a move elsewhere while still getting paid the difference by us!"

Haha it's funny because it would never happen, would it.

It would be interesting I suppose to see what he could do if not hamstring by idiocy at every level of a basket case club. I wonder how much our club played a part in ruining his career as well as his own incompetence.

It would be interesting I suppose to see what he could do if not hamstring by idiocy at every level of a basket case club. I wonder how much our club played a part in ruining his career as well as his own incompetence.
I think it sounds increasingly like it was a perfect storm of gross incompetence and extreme overconfidence from just about everybody employed at the club at the time, Seibold included but definitely not in isolation.

Which again, not to start that argument, shows why it was such an arrogant, self-serving decision to push Bennett out. The board seemingly hated that a coach had a decent rapport with the players, look how well it's going when the board has complete control.

Which again, not to start that argument, shows why it was such an arrogant, self-serving decision to push Bennett out. The board seemingly hated that a coach had a decent rapport with the players, look how well it's going when the board has complete control.
Looking to replace Bennett with Bellamy was certainly a sound idea at the time and even if not everyone would have agreed with it, even the Bennett advocates could at least understand the motivation and reasoning there.

What we failed to do was send an even semi-competent person to negotiate that deal, so it failed. The same people who failed there then had so much egg on their faces after it got out to Bennett and the media that they had no choice but to just keep digging and go through with cutting Bennett, even if the best option to replace him was no longer available.

This gross level of incompetence and out of control ego from White and Morris is what gave us Seibold and the mess we have today. If they had the self control to check their ego at the door and make peace with Bennett after trying to shaft him and allowed a smoother transition to take place, we could have taken the time we needed to find the best replacement instead of just taking interviews from whoever was available the moment they missed out on Bellamy.

Looking to replace Bennett with Bellamy was certainly a sound idea at the time and even if not everyone would have agreed with it, even the Bennett advocates could at least understand the motivation and reasoning there.

What we failed to do was send an even semi-competent person to negotiate that deal, so it failed. The same people who failed there then had so much egg on their faces after it got out to Bennett and the media that they had no choice but to just keep digging and go through with cutting Bennett, even if the best option to replace him was no longer available.

This gross level of incompetence and out of control ego from White and Morris is what gave us Seibold and the mess we have today. If they had the self control to check their ego at the door and make peace with Bennett after trying to shaft him and allowed a smoother transition to take place, we could have taken the time we needed to find the best replacement instead of just taking interviews from whoever was available the moment they missed out on Bellamy.
Bennett for 2 more years as coach before moving to coaching director (/buffer between incompetent board and the team) with Demetriou transitioning to head coach all of a sudden doesn’t seem so bad

Yeah you aren't wrong. What the hey is with that? It almost seems like they are insecure adolescents who can't stand having someone more popular or successful in the same vicinity as them.

Yeah you aren't wrong. What the hey is with that? It almost seems like they are insecure adolescents who can't stand having someone more popular or successful in the same vicinity as them.
Some of you guys would be stunned by the sounds of things if you realised just how prevalent this sort of behaviour and thinking is amongst the decision makes at a whole host of companies within corporate Australia. The Broncos are no exception here, they are just functioning like any other disfunctional publicly listed company right now.

Some of you guys would be stunned by the sounds of things if you realised just how prevalent this sort of behaviour and thinking is amongst the decision makes at a whole host of companies within corporate Australia. The Broncos are no exception here, they are just functioning like any other disfunctional publicly listed company right now.

I'm not stunned, I have worked in some dodgy companies but I'm not inclined to be petty or vain when it comes to my job, it is just embarrassing for those that are. Normally though, you don't have fans of a company and this is no different. No one cares about the people on a board, let's be frank. People only care if you are competent at your job or not.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Thelmus
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Redux
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.