Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
Re: Benny Hunt.........The best Halfback in the game!

Who's fault is it Hunt is the only half in the team.

You guys think one try or a try assist a game is all that makes a good half. You guys are clutching at straws. Obviously forget Locky.. Kevie. .Alfie.. Wally.Hunt shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these people. Time to move on. He makes way to many mistakes in every game. If you know anything about Footy you know it's the truth. Your just hoping he's the savior. It's Just not going to happen.

You used the wrong your. You're opinion is invalid. :p

Sorry I was half cut and pissed off

We pop up now and then when folks compare him to great players and call Him the best half in the game. Wake up to yourself people. He's Qld cup standard at best!

Why don't you wake up to yourself. Going to the opposite extreme doesn't make you cool

He isn't the best half back in the game but is a very solid first grader that keeps improving. Saying he is q cup standard is ridiculous and pathetic

Almost every Broncos game this season. It's clear your pathetic agenda against blinds you from the truth. Do us all a favour and get a clue.

God I can not like this post more

At this point, Hunt is the only player giving 110% of what he's got week in and week out. The rest are drifters with the tide.

You guys think one try or a try assist a game is all that makes a good half. You guys are clutching at straws. Obviously forget Locky.. Kevie. .Alfie.. Wally.Hunt shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these people. Time to move on. He makes way to many mistakes in every game. If you know anything about Footy you know it's the truth. Your just hoping he's the savior. It's Just not going to happen.

Mate everyone disagrees with you including commentators... But nah you're probably the only one that's right

Pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

He is certainly improving every week, pleased that his patients and commitment to the Broncos is paying off. He is playing confident football, dangerous & elusive when he takes on the line, Alf just needs to continue to assist him to fine tune his kicking game.

and parker although he is clearly frustrated by his team. and hodges but he doesn't have full speed after his injury. and vidot although he has lost the ability to catch a high ball.

This season (even if it turns out to be a write off) is very important for 1 reason ... developing Ben Hunt into a quality NRL half. and IMO, he is well on his way.

he has 2 main weaknesses that we need to address at the moment and they are his kicking game, and his tendency to drift out of the game at times. and i think both will improve with more experience. (yes i know he has over 100 games under his belt, but very few are as a starting half).

Some people seem to think that if he is not the best half that ever played the game he should be dropped and that is ridiculous.

and parker although he is clearly frustrated by his team. and hodges but he doesn't have full speed after his injury. and vidot although he has lost the ability to catch a high ball.

to be fair, IMO, Vidot has always been suspect under the high ball

We pop up now and then when folks compare him to great players and call Him the best half in the game. Wake up to yourself people. He's Qld cup standard at best!

Spot on mate. He is an average footballer. Stats can lie. He has also cost us games with his kicking game. Need I remind everyone on this thread that it was his attempt at field goal that cost us a chance against the Rabbitohs. He also missed the one on one tackle that led to the cowboys second try last night (the try that started in their own half).

Those stats are only half the story.

I also believe he may look better then he actually is out there because he is surrounded by other muppets on the field. (Reed, Hoffman, Barba, Glenn, Kennedy, Lowrie, Hala)

I also believe he may look better then he actually is out there because he is surrounded by other muppets on the field. (Reed, Hoffman, Barba, Glenn, Kennedy, Lowrie, Hala)

Your responses are illogical and stupid. The fact that he is playing this well, despite having these "muppets" around him shows that he obviously a good player. Saying one missed tackle cost us the game is absolute crap too. Yeah he should have set up better for that field goal but it's probably pretty hard with everyone on the opposition team knowing Ben Hunt will be attempting the field goal. You're either looking for a scapegoat (And it's the wrong one) or trolling.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Confidor
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • Pigskin
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • jd87
  • sooticus
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.