Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
Re: Benny Hunt.........The best Halfback in the game!

Hunts going ok in my opion. Still makes alot of silly mistakes that alot of people that love him here turn a blind eye to 

I don't think they really turn a blind eye to his mistakes. We know that he makes mistakes, and his fans have been critical of him on here because of those mistakes, but he is still just a rookie in the position and needs time to develop his game. He has been improving.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say his the best halfback in the game even this season despite how well he is going, I will say however with what he has to work with in his spine and the inconsistency of the forward pack his carrying a lot of weight for the side and doing a fine job at it, yes he has silly mistakes in his game but IMO a lot of that comes back to the expectation placed on him to be the go to man too often, he would do a lot better with an actual 5/8th of even decent quality and a fit and in form Barba.

Last edited:

I think it's fair to say that right now Ben Hunt is the best running halfback in the game. Not many other players are willing to take on the line the way Hunt does and he's picking his moments very well. To be a better halfback though he needs to sustain more pressure with his kicks and lay on more tries.

Though to be fair to him, he's doing this with one hand tied behind his back with the anchor of a half that is Hoffman. Give him a better half and a dangerous Barba to support him and I think he goes to another level again. He's still a long way away from Cronk and DCE though.

Hunts going ok in my opion. Still makes alot of silly mistakes that alot of people that love him here turn a blind eye to 

Just like you choose to turn a blind eye to so much of the good Ben Hunt has been doing this year. He is pretty much carrying this team in attack but you choose to knock him down every chance you get. Truly a pathetic agenda.

Hunts going ok in my opion. Still makes alot of silly mistakes that alot of people that love him here turn a blind eye to

How do you think we'd go if Hunt was injured? That will answer how good he is.

Hunt single handedly won the game against the Tigers for us and has been about our only attacking spark in the last 5 or 6 games. But wait, he stuffed up 2 kicks and threw a bad pass. Yeah, nah, he's shit. Let's trade him! Idiocy!

I don't really Care what you think beads

Hunt really is not even close to DCE or Cronk. Sure his form has been great but he needs to improve plenty of his game. Kicking game, composure and decision making all need work. He is improving every game and doing it without a halves partner .

He's definately improving. It's good to see. Be better when we have a good 6....

IMO he has the talent and skill to get to the level that Cronk and DCE are at. Each game this season he has improved at a rate I doubt anyone really believed he would, but if he continued like this (which I believe he will), I believe over the next 2-3 seasons he could be at least as good as DCE and Cronk.

I will say it now I believe Hunt will at some point partner DCE in the halves for QLD if not Australia.

Hunts going ok in my opion. Still makes alot of silly mistakes that alot of people that love him here turn a blind eye to

No one turns a blind eye, in fact nearly every post that praises him also says "needs to keep working on this, or that".

A lot of people are just really happy with the way he is progressing and realise a lot of these issues will take time to improve seeing this is first season as the full time halfback and also a genuine halves partner.

These people also don't ignore all the positives just to push a ridiculous agenda

Last edited:

Hunt is easily the best Half-Eighth in the competition, that's probably because he's the only person playing both positions.

Hunt single handedly won the game against the Tigers for us and has been about our only attacking spark in the last 5 or 6 games. But wait, he stuffed up 2 kicks and threw a bad pass. Yeah, nah, he's shit. Let's trade him! Idiocy!

Exactly, because DCE and Cronk never make mistakes and their piss tastes like strawberries and sunshine

Ben picked up another three points in the Dally M's yesterday and is now four off the lead.

LEADERBOARD

18 J Hayne (PAR)

15 J Reynolds (CTB)

15 J Thurston (NQL)

12 D Cherry-Evans (MAN)

14 B Hunt (BRI)

10 C Cronk (MEL)

10 G Widdop (STI)

11 M Gillett (BRI)

10 S Burgess (SOU)

9 A Milford (CAN)

9 A Woods (WST)

9 T Hodkinson (CTB)

9 G Bird (GC)

9 P Wallace (PEN)

9 G Inglis (SOU)

Ben picked up another three points in the Dally M's yesterday and is now four off the lead.

Do you know if Origin games always have Dally M points awarded?

Never noticed that before.

Odd. It used to be you couldn't poll Dally M votes in Origin unless your team played the week before. That effectively gives Hayne 27 games a year to poll Dally M votes (26 now given he was rested last Friday).

That's some spectacular counting. @ the ladder in the post

151921-b7297b98-ec4d-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg

151947-2d9462c2-e9f4-11e3-bb45-046f3d36ad52.jpg

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • simplythebest
  • Payneinthehaas
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • theshed
  • Dexter
  • jarro65
  • jd87
  • davidp
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • porouian
  • Confidor
  • ostin86
  • Howie
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.