NEWS Ben Ikin to step back from Roster input

What I have noticed this year is anytime Ikin has been shown on comera in the coverage he has a look on his face like his pet dog has just died.

He doesn't look that happy.

Only for a couple of seconds, saw Ben in the sheds after the last game .. he kinda looked miserable to me. 🤔

What I have noticed this year is anytime Ikin has been shown on comera in the coverage he has a look on his face like his pet dog has just died.

He doesn't look that happy.

Attachments

• 0E94DBE3-0639-41A3-9126-A87AE5304165.jpeg
    0E94DBE3-0639-41A3-9126-A87AE5304165.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 38
Re Kevvy, I think we, as a group, need to stop shitting on a coach who is 2 from 2 against teams that made up last year's top 4.

I'll stop shitting on him when we're guaranteed a finals spot.

Until then, jury is still out. The side was hurting from what happened last year, they would have been determined to start the season strong but the hard part is going to be maintaining that and the hard part for Kevvie is going to be how he manages the side over a long season so we don't see a repeat of last year.

He didn't do too well with that last year, it remains to be seen if he has learnt any lessons from it.

Should walk home with him; funeral march.

Finding Nemo Hello GIF

But in all seriousness .. thought it was deplorable when Tallis said on Fox that "Ben should be Kev's lackie". No one that I know of, came out and backed Ikin in any way.

That was probably the beginning of the end.

Tallis was the catalyst. He should be banned from using his platform to denigrate and belittle anyone, let alone Ben. He needs to stop leaking negative things to his mates in the media to further his obvious agenda.

Ben has one of the sharpest minds in League. In this instance, if we lose him .. The Broncos deserve everything they get aye.

Finding Nemo Hello GIF

But in all seriousness .. thought it was deplorable when Tallis said on Fox that "Ben should be Kev's lackie". No one that I know of, came out backed Ikin in any way.

Tallis was the catalyst. He should be banned from using his platform to denigrate and belittle anyone, let alone Ben. He needs to stop leaking negative things to his mates in the media to further his obvious agenda.

Ben has one of the sharpest minds in League. In this instance, if we lose him .. The Broncos deserve everything they get aye.
The big buffalo mouthed Gordie doesn’t know when to open his mouth & when not to. He’s deplorable.

Finding Nemo Hello GIF

But in all seriousness .. thought it was deplorable when Tallis said on Fox that "Ben should be Kev's lackie". No one that I know of, came out backed Ikin in any way.

Tallis doesn’t represent the Broncos and hasn’t in a long time. Anything he manages to grunt out should be ignored by everyone.

The big buffalo mouthed Gordie doesn’t know when to open his mouth & when not to. He’s deplorable.
Shame that they couldn't have found a different Queenslander to appear on their nsw oriented shows. Someone with a bit of class would have been good. Tallis has bought his on field aggression over to tv land. To him .. his word is law. 🙄 :stoprightthere:
Tallis doesn’t represent the Broncos and hasn’t in a long time. Anything he manages to grunt out should be ignored by everyone.
But .. he represents Kev. 🤷‍♀️

Finding Nemo Hello GIF

But in all seriousness .. thought it was deplorable when Tallis said on Fox that "Ben should be Kev's lackie". No one that I know of, came out and backed Ikin in any way.

Seriously don't understand why NSW media want Tallis on, the guy is two faced clown and doesn't have any insightful information of note.

If they need a token Qlder on to look like less of an echo chamber, put on Wendell, he only does the Triple M coverage not the Fox stuff as well like Tallis.

Seriously don't understand why NSW media want Tallis on, the guy is two faced clown and doesn't have any insightful information of note.

If they need a token Qlder on to look like less of an echo chamber, put on Wendell, he only does the Triple M coverage not the Fox stuff as well like Tallis.

It's not that hard to understand ... he's been shitting on us for years. that's how you make a name in the NSW media (if you're a QLDER) .

His comment about Ikin was partially right however. It is/was his job to give Kev, the roster Kev wants. coaches live/die in large part thanks to the rosters at their disposal, so they should have 1000000% of the say on recruitment/retention decisions.

obviously there are other parts of Ikin's role where Kev should have absolutely no say and Ikin would in effect be DD's "lackie"

the way Tallis said it was just plain dumb though, but that's no surprise given the intellect of this particular commentator

Ah so that's what Ikin does now, he is the Doorman.

Looks like he's effectively taken over the Steve Walters role... not sure that's the best use of his talents though.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.