NEWS Ben Ikin to step back from Roster input

Makes sense for him. I think he's suited for the role and I don't think the Broncos job was ever going to be permanent.
I don't know .. Ben probably had high goals to bring The Broncos back from the trash heap, aye. What an absolute career highlight it would have been for him to achieve that.

FFS. Massive loss for Broncos. FFS. This pisses me off fr. Hope Tallis is happy now. 😡 🤬. Good for Ben though .. probably got sick of being "Kevin's lackie"
Other teams are going to enjoy this. Losing one of our very best men. 😢😭

I wonder if Ikin regrets leaving his cushy tv gig for a bogus role at the broncos

Apparently, as per CM, Ben has applied for the QRL position.

sad panda GIF by South Park

I don't know .. Ben probably had high goals to bring The Broncos back from the trash heap, aye. What an absolute career highlight it would have been for him to achieve that.

FFS. Massive loss for Broncos. FFS. This pisses me off fr. Hope Tallis is happy now. 😡 🤬. Good for Ben though .. probably got sick of being "Kevin's lackie"
Other teams are going to enjoy this. Losing one of our very best men. 😢😭
He does practically **** all now and has done so for a few months now. He is more a football manager than a head of football these days and as such whilst I love the bloke he won’t be that big of a loss in the context of him leaving his current role. No point getting the knickers in a knott cause him leaving the club won’t have anything to do with future success. Him essentially quitting as the head of the football department a few months ago might but this won’t.

I'm not sure that DD defined the role (or his vision for the role) properly.

Kevvie has obviously won full control of the NRL program (as he should, since it's his ass on the line)

Simon Scanlon seems to have taken control of the recruitment side of things.

the only thing left for Ikin would be the NRLW and pathways / academy programs (not sure if Scanlon also controls the academy) ... I'm not sure that's not the role that Ikin wanted, I get the feeling that Ikin may have wanted a Gus Gould type role, which was unlikely to happen here.

should he get / take the QRL role, I'd wish him the best ... along with DD and Kevvie, Ikin helped stabilise the club and helped lift us from the laughing stock that Seibold left us in.

p.s. NRL 360 was a hell of a lot more watchable when he was host

He'll win the CEO role, hopefully he's left a good legacy in the administration department and implement successful programs that will continue.
I wonder if we'll see another old boy return to fill his role? Thorn, Johns, Renouf, Lazarus, etc?

I wonder if we'll see another old boy return to fill his role? Thorn, Johns, Renouf, Lazarus, etc?
I fucking hope not.. Maybe Donaghy can convince Frank Ponissi that his job in Melbourne is well & truly done?

I want hires that meet a purpose, not tokensitic.
You need staff in the building that build the comraderie and bring fun, but you need smarts in your technical roles and proper administrators in administration roles.
I fucking hope not.. Maybe Donaghy can convince Frank Ponissi that his job in Melbourne is well & truly done?
Kerrod it is, then.

I'm not sure that DD defined the role (or his vision for the role) properly.

Kevvie has obviously won full control of the NRL program (as he should, since it's his ass on the line)

Simon Scanlon seems to have taken control of the recruitment side of things.

the only thing left for Ikin would be the NRLW and pathways / academy programs (not sure if Scanlon also controls the academy) ... I'm not sure that's not the role that Ikin wanted, I get the feeling that Ikin may have wanted a Gus Gould type role, which was unlikely to happen here.

Seemed to be one of his involvements that he could feel useful - was at a training or two last season

With a new coach I hope he was able to help setting up this year at least

It truly saddens me that Ikin has decided to move on. One of the brightest minds & a man with high intellect the game has produced. Whatever he had done while he’s here — hope it doesn’t go waste.

**** you, you dumb moron Tallis.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mr Fourex
  • Inknition
  • something
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • levikaden
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.