Ben. Te'o back to the Broncos?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Not really a rumour, more of a sighting I guess, but I had coffee with some people this morning at Lure at Paddington, Te'o was there with his partner and some friends.

Couldn't help but overhear he is still living in Brisbane and commutes to Sydney for his Souths commitments.

Any room for him back at the Broncs in the near future ala Hannant coming back from the Doggies and Petero from the Panthers?

I'd have never let him go in the first place!

I doubt he is living in Brisbane. You surely didn't hear correctly.

there would be no point having him back ATM ... we have too many back rowers as it is.

I doubt he is living in Brisbane. You surely didn't hear correctly.

He kept his place in Brisbane and from what he was saying, spends a lot of his time there with his missus. He has a unit in Sydney for when he's down there, he advertised for a flat mate there a while back in the Telegraph, but from what he was saying he's only there as Souths requirements dictate.
[MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION], you're right and that was why he left, but Parker is in the front row these days... Our back row stocks aren't as great as many made them out to be. I'd have Te'o in the starting team ahead of Glenn or Gillett...

It makes no sense. Why would he sign with Souths if he wants to live up here?

I don't see it happening, sadly. Deadset shame we lost him in the first place.

Out of the 3 first choice back rowers we had on the books (in retrospect), I'd have opted to keep Gillett and Teo.

When he's on, Matt G offers the most game breaking potential, despite consistency issues. Glenn offers a bit more than Teo in attack (was great in 2012), but we could really use Teo's efforts in defence. Guy hits hard for his size.

I don't see it happening, sadly. Deadset shame we lost him in the first place.

Out of the 3 first choice back rowers we had on the books (in retrospect), I'd have opted to keep Gillett and Teo.

When he's on, Matt G offers the most game breaking potential, despite consistency issues. Glenn offers a bit more than Teo in attack (was great in 2012), but we could really use Teo's efforts in defence. Guy hits hard for his size.
What do you mean for his size ? He's 188cm and 100+kgs

It makes no sense. Why would he sign with Souths if he wants to live up here?

DO you have any idea how many business people work in Melbourne, and still live in Brisbane.

One of my mates hase a team of 5 under him who all do the same thing. Go to Melbourne Sunday night. Come back hom Friday evening.

They don't want to move there, because they are all on contracts.

Sorry, poor choice of words perhaps. Not saying he's small at all mate. Just that he hits like a truck compared to other back rowers.

DO you have any idea how many business people work in Melbourne, and still live in Brisbane.

One of my mates hase a team of 5 under him who all do the same thing. Go to Melbourne Sunday night. Come back hom Friday evening.

They don't want to move there, because they are all on contracts.

Business people is a bit different to a footballer.

Business people is a bit different to a footballer.

Really? I don't see much difference. They want to live in town A and work in town B. Fly out Monday morning for training, fly home after the game.

The main difference would be sometimes because of short turnaround between games (say Sunday to Friday) they may not fly back.

No doubt he has a house rented down there.

Seems stupid to me. Surely you'd want to be in Sydney for your time off. They have beaches and awesome nightlife.

Seems stupid to me. Surely you'd want to be in Sydney for your time off. They have beaches and awesome nightlife.

Yeah, I think there is as much chance of teo coming back as there is of me pulling on the 6

Surely you'd want to be in Sydney for your time off. They have beaches and awesome nightlife.

Sydney is a shithole. You would want to get out of there as soon as you could.

umm, It's only an hour drive from Brisbane to the Gold Coast beaches & the Gold Coast have some awesome nightlife. (eg: watching the bikers start a brawl)

Fingers crossed that Te'o isn't coming back.

I don't have an opinion on the likelihood of him returning. But him "living" in Brisbane and training/playing in Sydney is not something I'd discount.

I think he owns a house in Brisbane? I remember on a Footy Show back from 2010 or something Andrew Voss was hanging around there.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • cento
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Bongo
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.