Ben. Te'o back to the Broncos?

Fellas, don't even talk to Port about Gillett. He loves that guy more than he loves Portugal! :tongue_smilie:

I doubt Te'o will ever come back, although it'd be nice to have him in the squad - has a bit of mongrel about him which most of our current forwards lack.

Hardly a position we need more players in though.

Fellas, don't even talk to Port about Gillett. He loves that guy more than he loves Portugal! :tongue_smilie:

I doubt Te'o will ever come back, although it'd be nice to have him in the squad - has a bit of mongrel about him which most of our current forwards lack.

Hardly a position we need more players in though.

I think Te'o could come back if he got a good enough offer.

He didn't want to leave. He left because Broncos favored the backrowers we have more.

At least Glenn and Thaiday run straight, Gillett runs straight, sideways, backwards, sideways again, then grubbers it into the legs. I used to be his biggest fan but he doesn't do a job for the Broncos, unfortunately.

He can still come up with a good play every now and then, but that happens when his dancing confuses the opposition, and not himself.

There are so many little things wrong with our attack, and back rowers not running straight and into holes seems to be one of them. Looking back, Te'o was someone who could always run straight and hard, even if he wasn't as "gifted" as Glenn or Gillett.

Gillett is easily our most dynamic backrower. He reads the game in ways that none of our other forwards understand and has the ability to position himself to be involved in the game, whether it be to make a key tackle (which to be fair, he sometimes misses) or to be there in support to score a critical try. Did you know Matt Gillett has a better try scoring strike rate than Josh Hoffman, even despite Hoffman having a good year last year? That's because he knows where he needs to be to be involved in the game, and I guarantee you that sometime in the next month, Barba is going to fly onto one of Gillett's crabbing runs and score an easy try.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • Gaz
  • Spoon
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.