Bennett is NOT a Supercoach

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think you really understood the point I was making.

Oh well, not the first time, and certainly won't be the last.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I did see that one coming though... :lol:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bennett isn't the perfect coach, the man will tell you that himself and he's had his issues but tell me one coach who hasn't?

I've seen Bellamy's name brought up but what does he have to his name? 1 minor premiership? 3 straight Origin series losses? You might be a fan of that minor premiership but comparing careers between him & Bennett is ridiculously premature

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You do realize that you just pointed out that every single player in their 1-13 has already played rep footy, don't you? That's helping MY argument lol.

You're absolutely unbelievable.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I've seen Bellamy's name brought up but what does he have to his name? 1 minor premiership? 3 straight Origin series losses? You might be a fan of that minor premiership but comparing careers between him & Bennett is ridiculously premature
i wouldnt go holding the origin losses over bellamys head, since you know, the backbone of the QLD team from 06-12 is probably the greatest team rugby league has ever seen - not just origin, rugby league. you couldve had bellamy, bennett, gibson, gould and jesus himself coaching NSW and they still wouldve been very little chance of winning.

and you might not count the melbourne stats because of the salary cap thing, but many still do. i know i do. they won the premierships no matter what the record books say. if they didnt, who did win in 2007? who won in 2009? cant have no premiers. over the salary cap or not, they still won the most games and won premierships and minor premierships.

i understood - you thought that by posting that you dont consider half their actual rep players as 'rep quality' that you would point out how they have a mediocre team. guess what? you not thinking someone is rep quality doesnt mean $hit. out of 13 players on the run on side, 13 of them have rep experience in some form or another - some very very high levels of rep experience, like actually captaining NSW on numerous times. name another team that has 1-13 all having rep experience.

your point came apart the further your post went.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They officially didn't win anything, it's not a matter of opinion, you're just flat out wrong.

1 minor premiership, 3 straight Origin series losses.

Get back to me when he's won a legitimate premiership.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
They officially didn't win anything, it's not a matter of opinion, you're just flat out wrong.

1 minor premiership, 3 straight Origin series losses.

Get back to me when he's won a legitimate premiership.
lol like i said, who won in 2007 and 2009 then? who are the premiers? you cant have a year without premiers.

just because they struck it from the record books doesnt mean it didnt happen. im not wrong - they did win all those games, they did win those premierships, they did win those minor premierships. the NRL just retroactively took them from the record books. when you look back in 10 years and watch the 2007 or 2009 grand finals, melbourne will always score more points in those matches than their oppositions, and theyll always win.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
And this is the same guy who whinged endlessly about how the 2006 Broncos were over the cap?

Jesus.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just to put this into prospective for everyone.

1. Billy Slater QLD and Australian Representative.
2. Matt Duffie Kiwi Representative
3. Dane Nielsen QLD Representative
4. Will Chambers
5. Anthony Quinn NSW Representative
6. Gareth Widdop England Representative
7. Cooper Cronk QLD and Australian Representative
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith QLD and Australian Representative
10. Jason Ryles NSW and Australian Representative
11. Sika Manu Kiwi Representative
12. Ryan Hoffman NSW and Australian Representative
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchliffe NSW Country Origin Representative.
15. Jesse Bromwich
16. Kevin Proctor Kiwi four nations squad.
17. Siosaia Vave Tongan Representative

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
so Newcastle have more rep players in their starting 13 than Melbourne. Thanks for that.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
lol like i said, who won in 2007 and 2009 then? who are the premiers? you cant have a year without premiers.

just because they struck it from the record books doesnt mean it didnt happen. im not wrong - they did win all those games, they did win those premierships, they did win those minor premierships. the NRL just retroactively took them from the record books. when you look back in 10 years and watch the 2007 or 2009 grand finals, melbourne will always score more points in those matches than their oppositions, and theyll always win.

Yes you can.

Nobody won and those games aren't legitimate.

Again, get back to me when he's won a legitimate competition.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i watched those grand finals, i saw melbourne win. record books or not, melbourne won those premierships. you dont seem to understand.

im not saying that the NRL counts them as legitimate. i couldnt care less about that. the NRL probably doesnt count the 1997 broncos premiership as legitimate, yet it happened and the broncos won. im saying that they happened, and the storm won. they did, and they did.

and even if you want to play it your way, Bellamy still won the RLIF coach of the year in 2009, NRL coach of the year in 2011, and probably a few more from 2006-20011. they werent and cannot be taken off him.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
so Newcastle have more rep players in their starting 13 than Melbourne. Thanks for that.

I think the saddest thing is that you actually think you are right. The trophy cabinet doesn't lie and Bennett's is full while Bellamy's is empty. :haha:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Once again you're wrong, the NRL counts the Broncos premiership.

Hence, 6 premierships.

And of course you don't care, because you live in denial. Bellamy doesn't have a legit premiership to his name and that's what matters.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I think the saddest thing is that you actually think you are right. The trophy cabinet doesn't lie and Bennett's is full while Bellamy's is empty. :haha:

might wanna check again....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._J._Giltinan_Shield

and also might want to check the rep player count again too, if you think that 10 is greater than 13. maybe ask an adult to help you with the maths.

Once again you're wrong, the NRL counts the Broncos premiership.

le sigh. i give up with you. that one whooshed right over.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
No your whole point relied on whether the NRL didn't consider the Broncos premiership legitimate. They do and the Broncos earned that premiership fair and square.

Melbourne didn't.

Bennett: 7 premierships
Bellamy: 0

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lets all give a loud cheer for the Melbourne Storm in winning the minor premiership in 2011 :haha::haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Horseheadsup
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.