BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

It was. His career has turned into a tragedy in recent times. Could have been the best centre in the game for years yet can't even break into the current starting team for the Tigers. Ouch.

Think he retired.

Surprised Sam was that high tbh. Was on my disliked list. The way he acted at the end of his career. He played like shit and got shitty because he was on the bench, then said he'd support the Cowboys post-career. Only to land a job with the Broncos so now he's cool with us, I guess?

Agreed re: Sammy just dragging on for too long. He was cooked for a good 3 seasons before he actually retired. That seems to be a common theme of that generation of Broncos; Boyd, McC and Glenn did the exact same shit.

Never looked after his fitness, captained worse than Alex Glenn (but still better than Boyd) then sooked it up when he was actually called out on it. I'll remember him for his prime days and the hatred he instilled in the wankers south of the border, but yeah, his legacy is tarnished by his own arrogance.

Roberts is right up there with Brett Seymour in the "fucked up home life ruins a promising career" tragedy. I don't hold any ill-will towards either of them, in fact I don't even really have any anger towards Roberts and his cheap shot on Oates. He's all kinds of fucked up and it's sad that he has just vanished off the radar.

Roberts is right up there with Brett Seymour in the "fucked up home life ruins a promising career" tragedy. I don't hold any ill-will towards either of them, in fact I don't even really have any anger towards Roberts and his cheap shot on Oates. He's all kinds of fucked up and it's sad that he has just vanished off the radar.

He was signed with the Tigers up to last year, so not completely lost to the sport.

BHQ Loved

23. Herbie Farnworth

f1d6fdf06dad37900351fa57ee523592cdf7c2cb-16x9-x0y0w1280h720.jpg

2019-2023
Position: Centre
Games: 55
Tries: 21
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: NA
Highest Vote: 2 (ZTop)

BHQ Loathed

23. Gehamat Shibasaki

Vhbls9b.jpg

2018-2019
Position: Centre, Wing
Games: 13
Tries: 0
Highest Vote: 3 (Sproj)

It would be interesting to see where (and on which list) Herbie finished if the vote had have happened after he defected to the Phins.

On the other hand, if Herbie stayed for a few more years, he'd likely find himself in the upper echelons of the loved list based on his current form.

As for Shibasaki, he's in a battle with Manihera and Maranta for the nothing player of the century award. I remember the name, but I have almost zero recollection of this bloke in a match for us. Had the attacking impact of a marshmallow.

Just catching up on this - now I'm on leave I don't have any procrastination time at work to get real important stuff like this done!

LUVHĀT
50Israel FolauBrett Seymour
49Tyson GambleJames Segeyaro
48Alex GlennIsrael Folau
47Jake TurpinJordan Kahu
46Jordan RikiCorey Parker
45Payne HaasBrent Tate
44Denan KempJosh McGuire
43Kerrod WaltersAndrew Gee
42James RobertsGerard Beale
41Trevor GillmeisterDale Copley
40Greg EdenBen Hannant
39Paul HauffCraig Grauf
38Kotoni StaggsAaron Whitchurch
37Ian LaceyMitchell Dodds
36Andrew McCulloughKotoni Staggs
35Terry MattersonGreg Eden
34Dave TaylorKaine Manihera
33Luke PriddisPayne Haas
32Chris WalkerTevita Pangai Jr
31Darren SmithJamayne Isaako
30John PlathGordon Tallis
29Willie CarneJake Turpin
28Lote TuqiriTom Dearden
27Anthony MilfordLachlan Maranta
26Wally LewisBrodie Croft

On the other hand, if Herbie stayed for a few more years, he'd likely find himself in the upper echelons of the loved list based on his current form.

As for Shibasaki, he's in a battle with Manihera and Maranta for the nothing player of the century award. I remember the name, but I have almost zero recollection of this bloke in a match for us. Had the attacking impact of a marshmallow.
I will remember Shibasaki well as having the worst set of hands on him I have seen a player have. He couldn't catch a cold.

He made cobbo's handling look world class.

BHQ Loved

22. Jack Reed

p4gKzcF.jpg

2011-2016
Position: Centre
Games: 128
Tries: 49
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 55
Highest Vote: 3 (Tommy)

BHQ Loathed

22. David Fifita

20815978-7669193-image-a-68_1573355921727.jpg

2018-2020
Position: Back Row
Games: 44
Tries: 13
Highest Vote: 4 (GCBRONCO)

Active Now

• Galah
  • The Strapper
  • Rambstien
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
  • PETERN
  • phoenix
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.