BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Hunt and Thaiday together. Definitely Bookhaki happy hour. At Alhambra Lounge anyway. Just need Boyd for the full compliment.
Now that you mention it, Darius was in the corner of my room filming me as I posted this entry.

BHQ Loved

15. Brad Thorn

kOJ2JBS.jpg

1994-2000, 2005-2007
Position: Back Row
Games: 200
Tries: 32
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 10
Highest Vote: 5 (Culhwch)

BHQ Loathed

15. Stuart Kelly

JS8XEBP.png

2001-2004
Position: Centre, Wing
Games: 82
Tries: 21
Highest Vote: 6 (Strop & Mrslong)

Thorn was a total legend at everything he did.

Kelly, I am surprised he played that many games for us. I remember really excited when he came to us from Parra I think but he never really lived up to the hype. He was serviceable and wasn't Manyerror, so that was a win.

BHQ Loved

14. Shaun Berrigan

qtHqYWp.png

1999-2007
Position: Hooker, Centre, Halves
Games: 186
Tries: 77
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 16
Highest Vote: 4 (Foordy)

BHQ Loathed

14. Joel Clinton

LKztXxT.png

2008-2009
Position: Front Row
Games: 45
Tries: 3
Highest Vote: 5 (Allo)

Berrigan was an absolute legend, the truest 14 in every sense of the word, he could play everywhere at a very high level, such a gun and I was gutted when he left us.

Clinton - biggest contract screw up in club history and we've had a few. But to lose Petero for that guy, goodness me.

To this day it still hurts seeing Petero in a Panthers Jersey, should have never happened.

Barrigan was such a good player, crucial to our GF win in 2006, kind of like the Ben hunt of that era but with even more ability to play different positions.

It's the Bookhaki happy hour (although, I agree with his choices)

BHQ Loved

16. Karmichael Hunt

karmichael-hunt-getty.jpg

2004-2009
Position: Fullback, Wing
Games: 126
Tries: 53
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 30
Highest Vote: 4 (Bookhaki)

BHQ Loathed

16. Sam Thaiday

8dBKOAx.jpg

Highest Vote: 1 (Bookhaki)
Seems I have quite the say in what goes around here.

I was gutted we lost Petero, but I hold nothing against Joel Clinton.

The bloke wasn't anywhere near as good as Petero, but he always put in and ran hard. I think he copped it a lot harder than most other players because we lost Petero at the same time he joined.

The worst part was, we refused to pay Petero what he was worth, even though he had been promised it. But to replace him we ended up paying Clinton what Petero was asking, so it was a futile exercise in the end, and we not only lost a club legend, it was arguably the beginning of our downfall.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.