BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

The worst part was, we refused to pay Petero what he was worth, even though he had been promised it. But to replace him we ended up paying Clinton what Petero was asking, so it was a futile exercise in the end, and we not only lost a club legend, it was arguably the beginning of our downfall.
Civoniceiva was reportedly after $400,000, Brisbane allegedly signed Clinton on $275,000.

The worst part was, we refused to pay Petero what he was worth, even though he had been promised it. But to replace him we ended up paying Clinton what Petero was asking, so it was a futile exercise in the end, and we not only lost a club legend, it was arguably the beginning of our downfall.
You’re right. Itt was all bennet‘s fault

absolutely loved Berro. never the most talent player ... but played with miles of heart and determination.

so versatile too.

BHQ Loved

13. Kevin Walters

Kevin-Walters.jpg

1990-2000, 2001
Position: Halves
Games: 242
Tries: 64
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 4
Highest Vote: 3 (Harry Sack)

BHQ Loathed

13. Steve Michaels

bhwiWzq.jpg

2005-2009
Position: Centre, Wing
Games: 60
Tries: 22
Highest Vote: 1 (ningnangnong)

Honestly thought Kev would've made top 10.
Perhaps I should've pulled my finger out & voted🤦‍♂️

Loving this thread by the way.
Initially I was one of those that thought 1per day or so was too slow. I was wrong, this is great stuff. Thank you @pennywisealfie

Kevvie, absolute legend of the club and he is doing a really good job as coach as well now. He was a gun player though, just pure heart and bleeds maroon and yellow, love that. He was often overshadowed by Langer and there is no shame in that but he was a gun in his own right.

Steve Michaels this highly hated seems a bit unfair to be honest. He was a really, really decent prospect until his career was cruelled by some pretty significant injuries that meant he lost his pace and his agility. He is a story of what could have been had he not got career-limiting injuries.

BHQ Loved

13. Kevin Walters

Kevin-Walters.jpg

1990-2000, 2001

BHQ Loathed

13. Steve Michaels

bhwiWzq.jpg

2005-2009
Walters & Michael’s both not in the top 10 for their lists is outrageous

Kevvie, absolute legend of the club and he is doing a really good job as coach as well now. He was a gun player though, just pure heart and bleeds maroon and yellow, love that. He was often overshadowed by Langer and there is no shame in that but he was a gun in his own right.

Steve Michaels this highly hated seems a bit unfair to be honest. He was a really, really decent prospect until his career was cruelled by some pretty significant injuries that meant he lost his pace and his agility. He is a story of what could have been had he not got career-limiting injuries.
Lies. Michael’s was terrible. Just terrible. I’ll never forget that game he let in 17 tries single handedly.

a #1 vote seems to get you inside the top 20 at least

I think the Michaels hate is more that the club viewed him as a better prospect than Boyd and thus let Boyd walk for him

Damn I knew I missed someone on my top 10 list.

Kevvie is definitely too low on here, wonder if people are judging that based on previous seasons coaching or something.

BHQ Loved

13. Kevin Walters

Kevin-Walters.jpg

1990-2000, 2001

BHQ Loathed

13. Steve Michaels

bhwiWzq.jpg

2005-2009
I remember the Broncos getting smashed by Canberra 54-0 ( might’ve been 52) when lopsided defeats weren't as commonplace for Brisbane as they are now. The only player to get dropped by Hook for the next game was Michaels. I thought it was a bit rough on the kid. He had some talent but injuries really negated his speed and footwork.

If I remember correctly, the Broncos went on a little winning streak after that annihilation before bowing out in the playoffs.

STEVE MICHAELS WAS THE MOST FUCKING USELESS CENTRE/WINGER I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE. THE BLOKE WAS A VACANT HOLE IN DEFENCE AND DROPPED MORE BALLS THAN A BOY'S ONLY HIGH SCHOOL. MAY WE NEVER SPEAK OF HIM AGAIN.
Damn where did he touch you 😂

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • leon.bott
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spoon
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.