BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Both of these featured in the top 10 of my lists.

Kevie is a club legend. Unfortunately, his legacy has been a bit tarnished due to coaching (although maybe he is turning that around now) but he was unreal as a player. IMO, he should be a 2x Clive Churchill Medalist (93, 98) and won the World Cup for Australia in 92.

Steve Michaels was shit. He let the bright lights and fame get to him a bit.

I don't think Kev has tarnished anything since he has become our coach, took us from wooden spooners to where we are now, we have one of the best squads in the NRL.

STEVE MICHAELS WAS THE MOST FUCKING USELESS CENTRE/WINGER I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE. THE BLOKE WAS A VACANT HOLE IN DEFENCE AND DROPPED MORE BALLS THAN A BOY'S ONLY HIGH SCHOOL. MAY WE NEVER SPEAK OF HIM AGAIN.

Did you not see Kaine Manihera? Probably not actually, he was so slow he mastered the art of invisibility.

Both of these featured in the top 10 of my lists.

Kevie is a club legend. Unfortunately, his legacy has been a bit tarnished due to coaching (although maybe he is turning that around now) but he was unreal as a player. IMO, he should be a 2x Clive Churchill Medalist (93, 98) and won the World Cup for Australia in 92.

Steve Michaels was shit. He let the bright lights and fame get to him a bit.

Kevvie has the side pointing in the right direction, he is looking pretty useful to be honest. Of course time will tell but the Broncs are definitely looking up.

STEVE MICHAELS WAS THE MOST FUCKING USELESS CENTRE/WINGER I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE. THE BLOKE WAS A VACANT HOLE IN DEFENCE AND DROPPED MORE BALLS THAN A BOY'S ONLY HIGH SCHOOL. MAY WE NEVER SPEAK OF HIM AGAIN.

People may think this is an over exaggeration. It's not. It's actually far too kind.

People may think this is an over exaggeration. It's not. It's actually far too kind.

Your comment reminds me of this:
d85.gif

BHQ Loved

12. Gorden Tallis

CQ9r3Hl.jpg

1997-2004
Position: Back Row
Games: 160
Tries: 49
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 7
Highest Vote: 3 (Big Pete)

BHQ Loathed

12. Karmichael Hunt

Tee_ball_player_swinging_at_ball_on_tee_2010.JPG

Highest Vote: 3 (Tommy & Harry Sack)

I can't tell the difference here between the two Khunts.

Tallis - one of the greatest players ever, arguably the best second rower ever and I dare say the only reason he is not in the top 5 is because of his commentary career and white anting the Broncos when Seibold was in charge. Many young 'uns are likely not aware he actually sat out a season because he wanted to play for the Broncs. No one will ever forget the rag doll tackle on poor Hodgson and he was an out and out gun, crazy how good he was. Honestly, to not be top 5 is a bit of a travesty here.

Hunt, meh, could have been an all time great but he screwed the club over dragging out his contract the way he did and then bailing, should be higher up the hated list.

Well said Sproj and that Hodgson moment just about sums him up.

Fans need to remember that earlier in the series, Hodgson ran rings around the Maroons. Brett set an Origin record for most metres gained and I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Australian record - it could have very well been over 400m+.

Hodgson was their strike weapon and in one play Gordie did something a million other Queenslanders wish they could have when he grabbed him by the jersey and lassoed him into touch.

That was Gordie, he was the player who would go the extra effort and would do whatever he could to get the win.

Another moment that comes to mind is this...

I was just about ready to turn the TV off when Gordie pulls off the unthinkable to win it. He wasn't about to go down without a fight and that remains one of the best get out of jail victories in NRL history.

You could certainly argue there's been better second rows in Broncos history. Maybe he stole TC's 1998 CC medal and he runs his mouth too much. However very few players could influence a result as much as Gordie could. The closest thing I've seen to it is Pangai in 2018 and that was really just a taste.

Well said Sproj and that Hodgson moment just about sums him up.

Fans need to remember that earlier in the series, Hodgson ran rings around the Maroons. Brett set an Origin record for most metres gained and I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Australian record - it could have very well been over 400m+.

Hodgson was their strike weapon and in one play Gordie did something a million other Queenslanders wish they could have when he grabbed him by the jersey and lassoed him into touch.

That was Gordie, he was the player who would go the extra effort and would do whatever he could to get the win.

Another moment that comes to mind is this...

I was just about ready to turn the TV off when Gordie pulls off the unthinkable to win it. He wasn't about to go down without a fight and that remains one of the best get out of jail victories in NRL history.

You could certainly argue there's been better second rows in Broncos history. Maybe he stole TC's 1998 CC medal and he runs his mouth too much. However very few players could influence a result as much as Gordie could. The closest thing I've seen to it is Pangai in 2018 and that was really just a taste.

I also remember a try he scored, I think against the Tigers where the game was all but gone and he basically stripped the ball before stripping the ball was a thing (I think) and suddenly we won a game we had all but lost.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.