BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Thanks Big Pete. I was trying to remember what year that Souths game was played to bring up that exact moment. Just brilliant.

I hate Tallis more then I hate Khunt.

Me too.

An extension of my (incorrect) recollection of not re-signing Petero, and then spending big on Clinton, was that ultimatey KHunt inadvertently had a big hand in it.

Hunt was a genuine superstar, from the moment he played his first NRL game, and in the position the team was in, we didn't have the luxury of easing him off the bench like we could with Lockyer, or the massive Super League $$ shortly after. Hence, the philosophy of Broncos players biding their time for the big coin (while the veterans received their hard-earned) was over.

In my reasoning, the reason a club legend like Petero could not be paid elite money was because we needed to secure our future, which meant paying Hunt elite money after just a handful of (admittedly very impressive) seasons. Even though Petero was lost before Hunt was due to re-sign, it's almost certain the club prepared/monitored these things years in advance, knowing they couldn't sustain having both Hunt and Petero (alongside Lockyer, Hodges etc) on elite money.

However, it is not Hunt's fault the AFL were desperate for a "win" over the NRL, and, like Folau for GWS, they needed a big drawcard for the Suns. So I understand why people hate Hunt, and why he was seen as stringing us along, it was more a matter of his existence and success as opposed to his actions that caused it.

Tallis, however, has had every freedom to choose whether he was going to support the Broncos post-playing, or shit all over them in order to impress the NSWRL cool kids. He chose the latter and spent years basking in the cheap glory that only a sellout can enjoy. So **** him.

BHQ Loved

11. Matt Gillett

BilTRWZ.png

2010-2019
Position: Back Row
Games: 202
Tries: 59
2011 BHQ Greatest Rank: 45
Highest Vote: 1 (Allo)

BHQ Loathed

11. Michael Ennis

-ennis_pb40h12t42501ujl7jf3h90zw.png

2006-2008
Position: Hooker, Halfback
Games: 43
Tries: 8
Highest Vote: 1 (Ozzball)

Matt Gillett, what a legend, Bronco through and through, sad his injury was cut short really by his neck injury. He really was a gun.

Ennis, one of our best hookers but unfortunately, wasn't at Brissy for too long, was sad when we lost him because as Smith ended up showing, a gun hooker really is vital in the modern NRL era. He talks way too much as a commentator even though he is likeable enough.

I'm a big fan of Gillo. He played so well for us. Was the best forward in the world before his injury that ruined his career. He's probably the person I'm most upset for over 2015. He deserved a premiership.

I was also once a big fan of Michael Ennis. He was awesome for Brisbane in his very short time with us. Now that he's on Fox seemingly the most ocka cheerleader in history for teams that play against Brisbane, I'm so sick of the guy that I sometimes watch games on 9.

I couldn't stand Ennis's obvious diving...even when he was playing for us. I remember once him lying on the ground winking at one of our guys who was seeing if he was alright. Such a toss.
Gamble does the same thing but when he did it I didn't really mind lol.

Ennis had a very snakey vibe about him when he played though, with Gamble you knew he just wanted to start shit for fun.

Ennis, one of our best hookers but unfortunately, wasn't at Brissy for too long, was sad when we lost him because as Smith ended up showing, a gun hooker really is vital in the modern NRL era. He talks way too much as a commentator even though he is likeable enough.

Likeable enough......?

you crazy

he's a fuckwit.

Likeable enough......?

you crazy

he's a fuckwit.

He was *our* fuckwit for a while. He's fairly intelligent, speaks English better than a 2nd grader (as opposed to a 2nd rower), and bugged the LIVING SHIT out of the opposition.

Off the field, nice bloke, apparently?!

Anyway. I enjoyed him being a pest *for* us, at least.

@Big Pete when you mentioned Tallis pulling that game out of his arse with his steal, I present to you one Matt Gillett.

That game against the Titans where Gillett got the chargedown in the final minutes and Roberts picked it up and scored. Different players - Tallis was aggression and Gillett just never, ever, ever gave up on his job.

Wendell was an absolute gun. They talk about players who changed their role as all time greats / immortals, well Sailor did that. He was the first winger who was the size of a prop and could run like the wind. He changed what wingers were supposed to be.

Coates, what a moron. Tells fans to get behind the team and he wants to be a long term Bronco while the ink is drying on his Storm contract. Waste of space and glad we lost him because we ended up with a FAR better player in Cobbo there.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Dony Eliakim
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Scorchie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.